Same old, same old

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fuzzyfelt

Registered Shopper
Is anyone else fed up with the same old stuff they pedal at Christmas?

Andi Peters food fest - same old suppliers - and selling a box of cupcakes and charging £5.95 postage
Muk Luks
Cozee Home
Usually the company selling torches
And many others that I can’t remember the names of.

I think for me, the sad fact is that I very rarely watch for longer than a few minutes. It is all so repetitive, and I am not that interested in many of the shows. I am not fussed on some of the presenters so that is another turn off. It is definitely groundhog day, and when I think back to when I first discovered QVC it is just now a shadow of itself, which I find sad to be honest. I used to spend hours watching different shows, mostly jewellery, now it seems to be just diamonique (which I do have a fair bit of), or very expensive tanzanite or diamonds.

I used to love craft too. No longer do it even though I've stamps, glitter tubs, heating tool thingy, etc, as I found it expensive. I did enjoy it and if I've some spare time I might use up the remainder of my hoard as it's just gathering dust

The same stuff being sold for Christmas.
The same brands having regular TSVs.
The same wait getting a refund.
The same nonsensical P&P charges.
The same promise of something really exciting …. whoopee, EzPays 🙄
I could go on but ……..

I just wish that they’d bring back some of the brands that they no longer have any more.

I used to love craft too. No longer do it even though I've stamps, glitter tubs, heating tool thingy, etc, as I found it expensive. I did enjoy it and if I've some spare time I might use up the remainder of my hoard as it's just gathering dust
theyve done anna griffin & recently crafters companion so they are slowly doing it

Although I never bought anything I used to watch the craft shows and could see that the end product would end up very expensive even in comparison to top of the range shop bought but then all hobbies are expensive as you are really paying for the enjoyment of actually doing it.
I had a friend who did fancy cakes and people were always asking her to do one for a celebration but they just couldn’t accept the amount it cost just in materials and she often was greatly out of pocket. It was ok for family events but as soon as someone saw her work at a birthday party they thought they could get one for very little.

Just noticed a pair of Quacker pull on jeans which are jusr pence under £60 and that’s assuming you pick the correct size first time around. I wouldn’t spend that amount but certainly not on a brand unknown outside Q. Is it just me?

I meant I'm no longer doing craft SCW, I found it was costing me too much. I remember watching all of the Dawn Bibby shows. I ended up spending a fortune 🙃
Me too. I did a lot of card making back in the day when Dawn and Leonie were on QVC. Carol Smith used to come over from the States with all sorts of goodies. I had more money in those days and like Anna, I don't do papercrafts and the like now. I do still knit but the price of wool/yarn has shot up - I do, ahem, have enough wool to last me 6 lifetimes so no fear or running out 😳

CC

I’m lucky because I have a craft warehouse a five minute drive away from home. I do quite a lot of crafting and the prices there are far cheaper than the ones aired on QVC. I also get discounts using a loyalty card.

Apart from scrapbooking and card making, I’m now working with resin but I have to get that from Amazon.

I watch Q so little these days but I often flick through the channels and it seems as if Ruthie has kicked Marla off the’ Top Designer ‘ slot? Even at my age (75) I would call the majority of her stuff dated, and there is nothing this woman doesn’t know about fashion, in her dreams.

Latest posts

Back