Scholls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good grief, ridiculous prices, surely cheaper elsewhere? It seems the norm for shoes at qvc to hover around the £100 mark. I can never get over the price of sketchers. If I wanted to spend big on a pair of trainers they’d need to have more going for them than a bit of memory foam.

Yes I remember the popularity of Scholls when I was at school and had a pair, amazing how comfortable they were once you had broken them in. I couldn't wear them now I think, but the cost of them would certainly put me off if was tempted, ridiculous really

I remember begging my mum to buy me a pair of Scholl's sandals and she always said no and kept going on about how many broken ankles these sandals caused! I don't know how true this is, but I never got any and by the time I had my own money I wasn't bothered about getting them anymore

Good grief, ridiculous prices, surely cheaper elsewhere? It seems the norm for shoes at qvc to hover around the £100 mark. I can never get over the price of sketchers. If I wanted to spend big on a pair of trainers they’d need to have more going for them than a bit of memory foam.
Prices are much same on Scholl's own website

I remember begging my mum to buy me a pair of Scholl's sandals and she always said no and kept going on about how many broken ankles these sandals caused! I don't know how true this is, but I never got any and by the time I had my own money I wasn't bothered about getting them anymore
Same here, desperately wanted a pair. But then I was also desperate to try a Ski Hazlenut Yoghurt.
Never got the Scholls but did get the yoghurt. It was ‘orrible.

Yes also had a pair of Scholls but I don’t remember them being that comfortable but then comfort was not a priority then as it is now.Birkenstocks have also had a price hike I even tried a pair @£130, they didn’t fit and thankfully I had come to my senses.There is also nowhere near the range of styles and colours as when they used to be on QVC.

I loved my Scholls back in the 70`s. I used to travel to work in shoes or boots and then change into scholls at the office. The only downside was the clip clop of them when walking on the tiled floors there.
Nowadays I prefer a clog style and my last pair came off ebay . This are the ones I currently have.
Can I ask. What is the sizing like? I put a pair on my Watch List. I am a 36 which most class as size 3 but is really 3 and a half.

I remember buying a pair of Schools for my first trip abroad many years ago, one day in the sun and my feet were cut to pieces. I spent two weeks in slippers, I never wore the schools again.

I loved my Scholls back in the 70`s. I used to travel to work in shoes or boots and then change into scholls at the office. The only downside was the clip clop of them when walking on the tiled floors there.
Nowadays I prefer a clog style and my last pair came off ebay . This are the ones I currently have.
Contacted them, then realized info was there to start with. They replied straight away and I ordered a brown pair.

Thank you for the link. :love:

I’m Schocked at the price of Scholls.

In 1974 I bought a pair with my first ever wages. I can’t remember what I paid but they were obviously affordable for an 18 year old filing clerk who handed a chunk of her money to her Mum for housekeeping.
I totally agreecwith you, they were mostly in those days sold in Chemist shops and Boots. In thise early 70s and 60s they were relatively expensive compared to what we earned but absolutely nothing like these prices, I too was shocked

I loved my Scholls and when my parents were doing their catering side-hustle, I always wore my scholls to do the set ups and changed to heels for the event and back into the scholls for clear up! One funny story, I was getting ready to return to college in Weymouth, I had put on my scholls and my mother said don't you wear those horrible clunky things on my wooden stairs, so obediently I took them off, went up the stairs to fetch my packed suitcase, I was in stockinged feet, the staircase was varished and then polished with pledge weekly... cue the old saying "miss a step then, bud?" "no, I hit every ****** one!", and I never let go of the suitcase which probably did more damage to my mother's beloved stairs than my scholls would have done!

Shoe buying is awful. I have dropped arches so shoes for me now have to have arch support, a wide fit, and I find the safest type are those with block heels and uppers stitched onto the soles to give a bit of extra balance. This limits what I can have - wedges, flat and high heels and trainers are out, sandals are a nightmare and Skechers an absolute no-no. Fashion? What fashion? This is the perfect style for me nowadays. And yes, these are men's shoes though I am still finding the odd pair of women's shoes if I look around and when I see them, I grab them! But I'm still walking around in something, so there are positives!!
link

Shoe buying is awful. I have dropped arches so shoes for me now have to have arch support, a wide fit, and I find the safest type are those with block heels and uppers stitched onto the soles to give a bit of extra balance. This limits what I can have - wedges, flat and high heels and trainers are out, sandals are a nightmare and Skechers an absolute no-no. Fashion? What fashion? This is the perfect style for me nowadays. And yes, these are men's shoes though I am still finding the odd pair of women's shoes if I look around and when I see them, I grab them! But I'm still walking around in something, so there are positives!!
link
Poor you. I have wide feet. I have often wondered how much to get a pair of shoes especially made for my feet would be?

I happily clumped around my carpetless flat in mine (most uncomfortable, but when you’re 20 comfort isn’t high on your list of priorities) one day I got a visit from the caretaker of the block, as he’d received a complaint from the flat below about the noise, and couldn’t imagine what on earth I was doing to generate such a racket!

I have horrible feet, had a bunion op 5 years ago and whilst it has improved the look of my foot, and I don't get pain now my foot has never gone back to its original size and when I wear sandals my foot never seems to fit in them correctly and looks odd compared to my other foot, I can't wear pointed shoes or anything with much of a heel on and find the footwear I can wear comfortably but a bit frumpy. Have flat feet too. I would love to be able to wear far more glam styles but sadly not likely. I dread to think what some young girls feet will be like in their later years as they all seem to favour these flat slider styles that don't give you much support or to the extreme, the really high stilleto type, where they squash their toes together so much, god I sound like a real old git!

Latest posts

Back