Smashbox TSV 11/11/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From what I understood it is just another collection in Spring and everything changes except for the halo (to-go!). There is a list at the bottom of the tsv item on the QVC website.

Thanks for that! :) So it's only one more kit and not 4 in total...? I kinda always assumed AD was for a year but wanted to check as it only mentions spring...?

I ordered the AD but as I have never ordered anything on AD before can anyone help - it shows on my account status on the website as the normal number not the AD number and nowhere does it say Auto Delivery. Is this normal - and how can I be sure I will get the second set?

I ordered the Michael DiCesare TSV on AD. When I checked my account online it showed up as the "single TSV" number. I had to phone QVC about a missing replacement anyway so I asked about this and the guy said it was just a weird glitch online and my order was really on AD. I guess if you're worried you can always phone and doublecheck though :)

Help I need talking out of the smashbox TSV

Oh I was so resolved to not buy it, but have made the biog mistake of watching the presentation, now I think the blush is beautiful, love the lip gloss and the highligting powder. The eyeshadows : I would at least use 3 colours out of and I could do with a halo to go

Oh I might have to buy it after all, and yet......... if I look in my drawer I have loads od make up, trying to tell myself that I have avery nice highlioghter (actually 3!) and I have loads of shadows, but not a halo to go......

Oh, I should look myself in a room with no TV lol

Thanks for that! :) So it's only one more kit and not 4 in total...? I kinda always assumed AD was for a year but wanted to check as it only mentions spring...?

I ordered the Michael DiCesare TSV on AD. When I checked my account online it showed up as the "single TSV" number. I had to phone QVC about a missing replacement anyway so I asked about this and the guy said it was just a weird glitch online and my order was really on AD. I guess if you're worried you can always phone and doublecheck though :)

Has also happened to me with AD in the past too.
You should find they will be on your account listed under the same item no each with their different dispatch dates.
Can be a problem after a time when you want to check if a drop has been dispatched, more so if you've made plenty orders since the start of your AD.

:down:

Step away from the TV Star. Think of what else you could do with the best part of £45.00.
You have plenty of make up. Resist this TSV. You know it makes sense.

Oh I was so resolved to not buy it, but have made the biog mistake of watching the presentation, now I think the blush is beautiful, love the lip gloss and the highligting powder. The eyeshadows : I would at least use 3 colours out of and I could do with a halo to go

Oh I might have to buy it after all, and yet......... if I look in my drawer I have loads od make up, trying to tell myself that I have avery nice highlioghter (actually 3!) and I have loads of shadows, but not a halo to go......

I'm sure it's not much different to what you have already in stock, we all do tend to buy too much of the same, don't we.

Plus don't you look beautiful without.

:happy:

When I think I need the TSV what I tend to do now is look at everything I have. What you could do is lay all the make-up you have onto a table or on the bed and put the make-up you haven't used in a while into your make-up bag and put the things your currrently using in a drawer. That way you never get bored and think you need new make-up and you'll be using the make-up up so you can go out and replace it when it's all finished.

At the moment I am on a beauty ban. I can't buy skincare, make-up, haircare or bodycare as I already have too much and want to finish it all off before I buy anything new. So I have 3 A4 finishing off lists on my bedroom wall at the moment so I know exactly what I have and what needs finishing. I am highlighting the things I want to repeat purchase so that I can stick to things I really like and not buy things to fill the void.

I am the only who thinks what Nina is doing with the new eyeliner looks awful?

When I first started shopping with QVC, as a make up junkie,this sort of TSV was one of the things I used to be tempted by. Came to my senses the day I had a Scot Barnes (remember him?) eye shadow delivered. It suddenly dawned on me that never, in a million years would I spend nearly £20 on a single eye shadow if I were in a shop. It went straight back.
Am grateful to "the q" for introducing me to Balance and Brighten and B.E. The B & B is always on my wish list at Xmas, so I don't have to pay for it. But have since abandoned B.E for the cheaper and just as good Lily Lilo as recommended on this forum. Will admit to loving the Smashbox cream eyeliner palettes though not bought one for ages.
Whenever there is this type of TSV, I resist by working out how much comparable products from the "High St" would cost and that stops me in my tracks.
]It really is all smoke and mirrors

When I think I need the TSV what I tend to do now is look at everything I have. What you could do is lay all the make-up you have onto a table or on the bed and put the make-up you haven't used in a while into your make-up bag and put the things your currrently using in a drawer. That way you never get bored and think you need new make-up and you'll be using the make-up up so you can go out and replace it when it's all finished.

At the moment I am on a beauty ban. I can't buy skincare, make-up, haircare or bodycare as I already have too much and want to finish it all off before I buy anything new. So I have 3 A4 finishing off lists on my bedroom wall at the moment so I know exactly what I have and what needs finishing. I am highlighting the things I want to repeat purchase so that I can stick to things I really like and not buy things to fill the void.

Snap that is what i have started to do, look at everything you have got and i think 'It will take me years to put a dent in this lot'
The days of wasteing money are long gone for me. Imagine if you could get a refund for all the unused makeup in your draws ,i bet it would add up to a nice little windfall.

I have to admit I normally quite like AY but I was not impressed last night with her "full size halo to go". Is the standard size going to become "supersize halo to go"?

When I see a brand on that I know I'll be tempted by I pull out my stash and have a play with that, especially when they show something I've bought but never really caught the presentation for it because I was literally actually jumping on my phone.

Usually I get so engrossed in a "new" eyeshadow I've found that I don't even think about buying.

It is not just you - I thought it looked awful too - why such a huge thick line. I am a bit worried that this is the only way you can put it on. Hopefully we can get a thinnner line with it or else it could be going back!

Please Own Up One Of You

Which one of you rang into the 12 M/D Smashbox hour to promote your bridal makeup and website ?:wink: :confused: :nod:

:beer:

Debbie looked scarey bad during the 12 o'clock show! Plus I think it's poor that Debbie already had cream concealer or liquid foundataion caked over a blemish on her cheek for the Halo application....that just says "Halo alone wouldn't cover this" which contradicts the sales patter of "buildable coverage" I like Halo but I wouldn't pile it on to cover a zit. A bit of honesty about the product's size and versatility is sadly lacking today. AY should make it clear that Halo to go is a third of the size of the actual full size!

Not tempted in the slightest by any of the demos I've seen...the eyeshadow compact looks like a Gale Hayman one.

Jude xx

I really like Nina's application technique with eyeliner (similar to the thick line you get from waterproof shadow liner). It's very modern and edgy.

I really like Nina's application technique with eyeliner (similar to the thick line you get from waterproof shadow liner). It's very modern and edgy.

:cheeky: I find my 15 year old daughter gets a similar sort of look with one of her highlighter pens :cheeky:

It is not just you - I thought it looked awful too - why such a huge thick line. I am a bit worried that this is the only way you can put it on. Hopefully we can get a thinnner line with it or else it could be going back!

Debbie looked scarey bad during the 12 o'clock show! Plus I think it's poor that Debbie already had cream concealer or liquid foundataion caked over a blemish on her cheek for the Halo application....that just says "Halo alone wouldn't cover this" which contradicts the sales patter of "buildable coverage" I like Halo but I wouldn't pile it on to cover a zit. A bit of honesty about the product's size and versatility is sadly lacking today. AY should make it clear that Halo to go is a third of the size of the actual full size!

Not tempted in the slightest by any of the demos I've seen...the eyeshadow compact looks like a Gale Hayman one.

Jude xx

Another thing I thought about the new eyeliner was that you waste a lot of product as Nina says when you take the wand out you should wipe the excess onto tissue before applying.

Will admit to loving the Smashbox cream eyeliner palettes though not bought one for ages.

That's exactly like me madaunty!

Did you see the make-up Nina did on the model demoing the Burlesque collection in the 7pm hour - it looked like the way that awful guy on Ideal World used to do it. The eyeliner was thick and so wobbly - Like a 5 year old trying mummy's make-up out LOL

I think QVC have been really misleading concerning the Halo, promoting it as a full size when it is actually a full size handbag size. I did think I was going mad; thinking that looks a bit small? Perhaps the one I got last time was a super size or something? Then after reading posts here it all becomes clear.

I must admit I looked at the eyeliner demo's and gulped. If I had put it on like that I would consider it a right mess up and have to start again!

I was going to buy this but got increasing angry at AY contantly saying the Halo was a full size (I know she eventually started saying a full size halo to go) butI felt it was very misleading and decided I dont really need it as I have a real full size Halo already Definately not the bargain that Smashbox tsv's used to be

Latest posts

Back