So does annyone know what the crypt-keepers..err sorry Joan River's TSV is tonight?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Haven't looked but how the hell are you suppose to know what to buy? Rush to the local chemist and have a go at the £5 ones to see which lens suits?

Wonder if Boots opticians have a free apointment for me this morning.:call:

I love watching Joan Rivers, she's just so outrageously funny, a lot of her jewellery is absolutely horrible, horrible, horrible, but I must admit there is the odd "gem". I've got a couple of really funky bracelets from her collection one's black enamel with white spots, the other's red with white spots, I've also got one of her brooches that looks really nice on my winter coat, and totally unfrumpy. I also like the design of some of her watches, however, I don't think I could wear something with Joan Rivers written on it!

Maybe QVC thought that reading glasses were a good idea as it will enable us to read the VERY small printed ingredients on beauty products so we won't keep asking them to print them on their website.

Just a thought!!

A caller rang in and said she'd be looking for something like this (the reading glasses) for ten years!!!! FFS! They're everywhere, including the £1 shop, and have been for more than ten years, I can only think that she meant the fact that they react to sunlight. How Alison K presented the whole hour wearing them, beats me, 'cause in my experience if I so much look up from the book I'm reading, or crossword wearing magnifying lenses I feel quite dizzy!

I think the reading glasses are quite smart looking, but pretty overpriced for what they are.

I think Sharon look gorgeous but Keenan looks really old and haggard!! :YIKES: :pPC:

I noticed that, perhaps she's ready for a holiday. I suppose QVC presenters have illnesses and problems in their home lives as do we all and these can show in your face. Mind you I don't look at my best between midnight and 2 am !

Linda xx

I was surprised to hear Alison Keenan say that an eye test costs £35-£40. I paid £18 odd 2 years ago, so I'm shocked that they've gone up so much. I thought the price was "regulated" by the NHS ?

Linda

I was surprised to hear Alison Keenan say that an eye test costs £35-£40. I paid £18 odd 2 years ago, so I'm shocked that they've gone up so much. I thought the price was "regulated" by the NHS ?

Linda

Just had a quick look at a few. D&A are £27.50 for an eye test, Boots are £20, Optical express are £15 or free if you then purchase glasses.

In Scotland eye tests are now free for everyone.

I love Joan's humour, I remember her from years and years ago when I was young and she really was outrageous, usually about all the big American stars. She was one of a kind then and still is . I've had two or three things from her range and they have been beautifully made, you do have to pick and choose though.

Well what a delightful piece of tat,tat which by the way can be bought for $10 in any New York drug store,I get the feeling that Joan thinks noone in the UK owns a passport??

Poor Sharon,she looks tired tonight,her smiles look strained.

So it actually costs $10 plus approx £350 air fare - I'd rather pay QVC's P&P!! If they were available over here for £10 that would be a better deal.

what a weird thing to sell:confused2:

Personally I think they're a great idea. I have to wear reading glasses for close up stuff - I can see the specials menu across two rooms no bother. However, I cannot read on the beach, by the pool, or anywhere I might be relaxing in sunlight because I need to also wear sunglasses in bright sunlight. To me they're a perfect holiday accessory.

Haven't looked but how the hell are you suppose to know what to buy? Rush to the local chemist and have a go at the £5 ones to see which lens suits?

Wonder if Boots opticians have a free apointment for me this morning.:call:

Donna, if you don't already wear reading glasses then you won't need to buy them. If you do, then you'll already know what strength you need.

And the award for Most Random TSV of The Year goes to...

Reading glasses??? Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one...

Donna, if you don't already wear reading glasses then you won't need to buy them. If you do, then you'll already know what strength you need.
Oh thanks for that Topaz, I had been wondering how on earth one was meant to know what strenght to order... I'm not sure I get the concept of reading glasses though... I thought if you had any issue with your eye sight you'd go and have it assessed and then got specific lenses to deal with the issue, depending on whether you're found to be myopic, astigmatic or whatever...

Another dazzling piece of "look of real",this kills me",if you don't get this you're a crazy bitch","this is totally Faberge","this is totally New York"..jewelry made in China.:)
"This is going to buy me ANOTHER mansion in Beverley Hills when you suckers pay £25 for a pair of glasses that you can buy in your local chemist for £5!" :giggle:

So it actually costs $10 plus approx £350 air fare - I'd rather pay QVC's P&P!! If they were available over here for £10 that would be a better deal.

So which colour will you be opting for?

What i'm saying is that these glasses are about as exclusive as Gale Hayman.

Oh thanks for that Topaz, I had been wondering how on earth one was meant to know what strenght to order... I'm not sure I get the concept of reading glasses though... I thought if you had any issue with your eye sight you'd go and have it assessed and then got specific lenses to deal with the issue, depending on whether you're found to be myopic, astigmatic or whatever...

I found I just needed a little 'help' with close up work like reading, computer screen and sewing (I do cross stitching) and found a pair of these over the counter reading glasses did the trick. I do get an annual eye test through my job and have taken my reading specs along with me to show the opthamologist what I'm using. I was told that for my needs (natural ageing) they were ideal and that I didn't need specific prescription lenses for any other eye problems. The only problem I did have was being able to sit and read in the sunshine and Joan's glasses will now solve that problem. They may be a little overpriced compared to ordinary reading glasses but for me personally they are worth it. No doubt, like everything else in life, if they become more readily available the price will drop.

Latest posts

Back