SOHO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anthony Heywood was an excellent presenter, mind you Queen Julia and Del Boy Flint used to be excellent presenters until their egos grew bigger with every freebie they were 'gifted' until they became unwatchable.

Perhaps it's a good thing that Anthony and Tim left when they did.

Slightly off topic but related to soho...All I want is a simple printer. Back in the old days you could buy just a printer, a small thing where you put paper in the top, link it to your pc, press print and out came your document or picture. Nowadays, they're all singing all dancing and massive. I don't want a copier, or a scanner, I just want to print stuff. I don't want a printer that won't let you print anything if one of the cartridges run out. From experience I know Canon pixma printers allow you to do this, I used to have one, but the prices for printers has rocketed, and ink isn't exactly cheap. I think I'll end up trying to buy another one if I can find one for a decent price. I remember falling for the Kodak printer "cheaper ink speil" Bought a kodak all in one printer which wasn't that cheap in itself only to find that the ink cartridges ran out twice as fast as other makes, and again if one of the cartridges ran out, you couldn't use it. Like I say, just want a simple printer that I can print from but I don't think anyone makes them any more!

If you find a simple printer please let me know merryone, mine packed in before Christmas and I haven't been able to
find one I could set up myself.

If you find a simple printer please let me know merryone, mine packed in before Christmas and I haven't been able to
find one I could set up myself.
I most certainly will, I've googled and ebayed and have found nothing so far but I'm not going to give up. Some of the ones you get these days are the size of tanks. I'm pretty sure that we're not the only people who just want to be able to print things off without all the bells and whistles, to be honest I'm not even that bothered about having a colour cartridge these days - I used to design a lot of posters for work but don't anymore so a colour printer was vital, but as I say I just want a small, extremely basic printer that just plugs into the back of my pc - Mission impossible unless anyone knows different...please let us know!

if you want just a printer & not a scanner & copier i think your going to find it hard to find one as from what my friend tells me that most people want all in ones & most shops have stopped selling just basic printers on their own & moved to all in one printers unless you start going to the laser ones but then they are bigger & bulkier

if you want just a printer & not a scanner & copier i think your going to find it hard to find one as from what my friend tells me that most people want all in ones & most shops have stopped selling just basic printers on their own & moved to all in one printers unless you start going to the laser ones but then they are bigger & bulkier
I think you're right.....maybe they'll come back into vogue one day like old record players! I think the basic printer has gone down the swannee along with black and white tvs and cassette players!

I’ve got one of those Canon printers and when I bought it wasn’t bothered about scanning but it had that function. I agree with SCW that they all seem to be multi functioning these days. I do use the copier occasionally but have never succeeded in scanning anything! I haven’t tried with the new pc as we have already had words and I don’t want it to throw another hissy fit.

I think you're right.....maybe they'll come back into vogue one day like old record players! I think the basic printer has gone down the swannee along with black and white tvs and cassette players!

yep most people want all in ones as it saves space though you can get some compact ones but try ebay even if they are second hand but even then it might be hard to find cartridges for it

I often think about LJ Rich, hope that she's still fighting & on the way to winning her battle.

Not sure what "her battle" means???

I have 3 "good" printers, except that they don't work any more because the ink has dried out and blocked the nozzles.

It seems you have to keep switching them on regularly even if you don't want to use them, as this squirts some ink through the nozzles to clean them. I used to do this, then found that when I wanted to print, the cartridge was empty because of all this wasted ink.

I can't find anyone to repair them, but you can buy some kits on Ebay with a syringe and cleaning solution to force through the nozzles, but no guarantee that it will work if they are too dried out.

Not sure what "her battle" means???

I have 3 "good" printers, except that they don't work any more because the ink has dried out and blocked the nozzles.

It seems you have to keep switching them on regularly even if you don't want to use them, as this squirts some ink through the nozzles to clean them. I used to do this, then found that when I wanted to print, the cartridge was empty because of all this wasted ink.

I can't find anyone to repair them, but you can buy some kits on Ebay with a syringe and cleaning solution to force through the nozzles, but no guarantee that it will work if they are too dried out.
LJ Rich was diagnosed with cancer.

We have an HP printer. It does scan and copy as well but the thing that we like about it is that we have signed up for the ink plan and pay £1.99 a month to print 50 sheets. You can print more depending on the plan but with all of them they send you new cartridges as and when you need them. We find it very cost effective.

Latest posts

Back