South sea Pearl Necklace 601978

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

icedupsnowqueen

Registered Shopper
total price £3 256.00

I am not a great expert at pearls but I do like wearing them, what I did notice in the close up of these was pitting and dents. I would def put those back if I saw them in a shop as I would expect perfect pearls for that price.
Am I wrong?

I thought exactly the same thing, it wasn`t the odd mark either they were ful lof them weren`t they? I love pearls too but my money would have been safe even if I could have afforded them !!

I noticed it, too and whilst sI have pearls on which flaws are obvious I see it as being part of the character of the pearl, but then I didn't pay thousands for them, either. I think they were showing them hugely magnified and if they were baroque or even semi baroque they would be imperfect, anyway. I actually prefer them.

I too prefer a more natural looking pearl but for the money for me they were just too imperfect looking jmo

Two things.
1. An oyster should not be killed in order to obtain the pearl within and many oysters will reproduce pearls for a few years before they begin producing keishi's
2. I object to spending £500+ on a pearl grading course when we "all can be pearl graders, all we need to do is look at the pearls...blah blah blah". After I completed my course it was easy to spot pearl tat, pitting, bad lustre, misshapen pearls that were supposed to be of the "best quality" QVC had seen. Honora pearls are much better quality and fractionally priced. I'd rather have them than Tahitian below standard pearls because most people are NOT pearl graders and couldn't tell the difference between South sea, Tahitian and CFW off the cuff and probably couldn't care less either preferring to choose the best LOOKING pearls because they LOOK better and have better LUSTRE as well as being BETTER PRICED.

Latest posts

Back