Strictly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember in the early 60's going on a school trip to Belgium at Easter.
We were at the Palais de Justice and a few of us wanted to go to the loo. The toilets were for both male and female and it was decided that a male and female teacher would go into the toilets with us.
We were pretty unfazed even trying not to laugh when a court official in full black gown and wig came in.

I recently saw Grayson Perry recently while I was having a walk in my lunch hour. He was in his female persona and wearing a frilly dress like a five year old would wear. It was quite a sight!

I've mentioned elsewhere on here that Dad was a coal miner. So I know his reaction to that would be "lets see him do a shift down the pit in that get up ".

Years ago I worked with someone who was convinced her husband was having an affair because he`d regularly be away overnight or at weekends on "business". We were quite envious of her because her husband was always taking her shopping and took a real interest in her clothes and jewellery. She was always spouting "oh B has bought me this or B has bought me that"
Anyway after another so called business trip meant he`d be missing again, she decided to follow him. It seems he drove to a place called Aylesbury, parked outside a house and disappeared inside. She waited a while and had worked herself into a right state thinking he was tucked away in a secret love nest. Eventually she calmed down and went to knock on the door. Suffice to say she didn`t find him with his lover but with several other men all dressed as women him included.
The shock affected her so much she jumped back into her car, drove home in a fury and trawled the house for evidence. She went through his wardrobe, drawers, the garage, the shed and found nothing but she`d never climbed into the loft, he`d always told her it was too dangerous but that particular day she climbed up there and found suitcases filled with womens clothes, shoes, wigs, makeup etc. He`d obviously been cross dressing for years and that was why he`d always shown such interest in her clothes etc
She threw the whole lot out of the upstairs windows and when he arrived home she refused to let him in, had locked all the doors and told him she never wanted to see him again. He was her second husband and thankfully her kids from her first marriage which actually did end because he`d had affairs, were grown up and lived away.
She came back to work after taking some sick leave and the poor woman was a shadow of her former self and we didn`t know what to say to her.
I forgot to add this was back in the 1980`s when people weren`t as accepting as they are now.
Too sad that the husband didn't have the courage to approach his wife about his cross dressing. If he had, and she was understanding/broad minded, they could have held their own hen parties in their home and continued the marriage.
If she was not accommodating, at least they could have discussed an amenable divorce. To make a fool of his wife behind her back was despicable and cowardly.

If you search Trans Widows and read some of these stories it is heartbreaking for the wives and children.

Women can't legally ask for a divorce if the husband has 'changed his sex' and the vast majority cross-dressing men are still attracted to women. I know if Mr AE started to consider himself a woman, wearing makeup and female clothing I would not be able to accept it, especially if he wanted to bring his 'new life' to bed. I know I would be repulsed.

I also feel sorry for lesbians that are having to put up with trans women insisting on joining lesbian dating sites and then getting really nasty when a woman doesn't want to accept them. The BBC did an article on it but the trans mob made a huge fuss about it so the Beeb had to apologise.

Apologies to the many decent men out there (and the few on here) but it all boils down to certain men expecting male privilege yet again. No matter what they wear or how they identify they still believe that women are second class - unless a man thinks he's one. That's different.

A friend of mine gave birth to 3 sons, but now has 2 sons and a daughter. Her daughter went through all this trauma around 20 years ago - long before all this madness kicked off. Her stoic mother dealt with it in a capable way while her Dad really had issues getting his head around it all. Yes it did cause tremendous upset in the family, but 20 years on its all soothed down and the daughter has lived much of her life in a good job abroad. Mainly to avoid seeing people she grew up with locally and knew her as a fella.

Discussing with my friend all of this. I tried to get my head around the 'sexuality' of the daughter. Despite changing gender, her sexuality is the same. So initially a male and wasn't in any way a lesbian, there was the normal feelings for females, now she is a female those feelings don't change, therefore in essence she has become a lesbian because of her transition. (!)

Looking back over the years (and there are many to look back on !) I’ve only known of two instances of changing gender, both in the ‘70’s. A boy in my daughters primary school class often dressed in his sisters clothes, and liked to do girl things. He came form a hippy type laid back family, and no one batted an eyelid. He never said he was a girl, just got on with doing his own thing without causing a fuss. Everyone accepted him and he was perfectly happy. When they left primary school, they lost touch, but years later when my daughter and friends were at a night club a girl they didn’t recognise came up and greeted them like old friends. It was the lad from school - ‘ I’m a girl now and my name is ......’ they all had a great night together, so the story had a happy ending.
My sister in law worked in the offices of a local firm, and one day out of the blue one of the managers announced that he wanted to become a woman, and had to live for a year as one. Now there was nothing feminine about him. He was quite a big chap with thinning hair, and broad shoulders. I was working in our local Boots at the time, and he used to come in to buy make up. He dressed like Margaret Thatcher, and stood out like a sore thumb. I never knew how that story ended.

So who do you think this youngster is, if I can believe the commentary about the picture?

I think the caption and the story is wrong that went with this photo.

Brian Jones young 30056703.jpg

So who do you think this youngster is, if I can believe the commentary about the picture?

I think the caption and the story is wrong that went with this photo.

View attachment 24332
I have no idea, Strato - you’ll have to tell me. It looks like one of those photos on birthday cards you find in the Humour section of WH Smith, usually with a speech bubble saying something crude (my favourite kind of card!).

Its that time again when we are drip fed the latest round of "who the hell is that ?" contestants on Strictly. Seeing as how they are chosen from various backgrounds ie politics, sport, childrens tv, cooks etc etc Isn't it surprising that someone from selly telly hasn't been picked to appear ?

I could imagine the likes of Flinty, Roberts, Annaliese, Kabler all falling over themselves to get chosen.
Annaliese will sell her soul to be chosen, I am sure. She is forever posing .
She was embarrassing to watch on a Julien Macdonaldon presenting, I thought she was desperately wanting him to choose her as one of his models 🤦‍♀️
Then there is June Poster who was sashaying with Ophelia the other day :D
Julia will be a good candidate as she was a dancer once.

I have no idea, Strato - you’ll have to tell me. It looks like one of those photos on birthday cards you find in the Humour section of WH Smith, usually with a speech bubble saying something crude (my favourite kind of card!).
It was supposed to be Brian Jones of the rolling Stones!

He did have blonde hair, but other posters have said it was his sister so he was not a transvestite after all! But the original poster said it was BJ and his parents. Shows that you can't believe FB.

I met Brian Jones in 1963 and I doubt his legs were that good ! - they were like drain pipes in his jeans ! and honestly ? back in those days would his parents - who look to be terribly naice people, agree to be photographed with their son dressed like a woman ? "if it got out, think of the scandal dear". I seriously don't think so.

(Er, I think I had that bamboo wallpaper in our flat when I was first married 😲 )

I met Brian Jones in 1963 and I doubt his legs were that good ! - they were like drain pipes in his jeans ! and honestly ? back in those days would his parents - who look to be terribly naice people, agree to be photographed with their son dressed like a woman ? "if it got out, think of the scandal dear". I seriously don't think so.

(Er, I think I had that bamboo wallpaper in our flat when I was first married 😲 )

OMG! You're right! And sharp-eyed. My nan's neighbour had that paper, too. We had to walk past her living room to get to my nan's back door.

She changed it in the 70s for an orange and lime green paper that looked like Lincoln biscuits. I loved that paper :eek:

Brian had 2 sisters. This is one of them on the right at his funeral, and the one more likeliest to have been in the above photo.

View attachment 24338
I've just been reading another post about BJ, apparently HE was the leader of the band, choosing the songs, booking gigs, and dealing with the finance, yet everyone thinks it was Mick Jagger, but he was just the singer.

BTW the last remaining member of the Crickets has just died aged 82, the end of an era. Here he is telling the story of Peggy Sue (who he married) - -

Latest posts

Back