Stupid giggling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bunnytown

Registered Shopper
I really don't mind the presenters having a bit of fun and a laugh but the combination of Hannah Clemmow and Charlie Brook is, for me, quite unbearable. Not least because I have no idea what they are laughing at or why Hannah is so beside herself. maybe they should get a room.

I really don't mind the presenters having a bit of fun and a laugh but the combination of Hannah Clemmow and Charlie Brook is, for me, quite unbearable. Not least because I have no idea what they are laughing at or why Hannah is so beside herself. maybe they should get a room.
I just looked on Q to see who she is, but I can no longer find the presenters biogs

So true! Hannah’s giggling is so annoying, and Charlie takes full advantage. Why they put them together I can’t imagine. I found it embarrassing ( more than usual) and if Charlie was a more thoughtful and decent presenter, instead of encouraging her, should try to steer her away from such silliness. Unfortunately he likes nothing better than getting a guest/BA into a situation, and then standing back with a stupid satisfied grin on his smug face!

I hardly watch Charlie but I did see a clip when he was droning on about something/ a nothing event in his private life and there was much hilarity between him and whoever was the BA.I switched off, what they were supposed to be presenting/ selling was non existent.

I have never like Charlie. He is way too supercilious for me. He is too ‘smooth’ for my liking that it always makes me wonder what he is masking.

I bet he is not like that in his private life. When that front door on his home closes a very different Charlie emerges I will guarantee it 😊

I just looked on Q to see who she is, but I can no longer find the presenters biogs
She is one of the jewellery experts, so I don't think she would have a presenter's blog. She may be knowledgeable about gemstones, but she is a giggling fool.

I have never like Charlie. He is way too supercilious for me. He is too ‘smooth’ for my liking that it always makes me wonder what he is masking.

I bet he is not like that in his private life. When that front door on his home closes a very different Charlie emerges I will guarantee it 😊
I'm sure you are right. The QVC mask is firmly attached. Never a chink of his real self ever shows through. I feel fairly sure, however, that the smoothness covers the ridicule he feels for his job and the objects he sells, if not the whole of the QVC enterprise. It pays his mortgage, though!

He's tickling her fancy, alright. A clever woman in her field, but thoroughly stupid in her interaction with Charlie. He's leading her on because it makes his irksome job a bit lighter. If only she knew how obvious it is that he is playing with her to make her look a fool. He's succeeding.

This is just what he does, though, so no surprises there. He takes control of the conversation, introduces a theme that the brand ambassadors (if they are impressionable enough) latch on to so they get immersed in the conversation and forget all about the item they're supposed to be selling, until he cuts the banter stone dead, they are left floundering and he remains in control of the sale of the item. Not nice to watch, and it happens time and again.

I agree. I switch off when I seem them presenting together; too much flirting.

I had a quick look at one of her sessions with Charlie but had to switch off as I couldn't stand her fingernails !
Screenshot (2647).png

He tried the same thing with Evie on a Sketchers show until she pulled him up and said “what is wrong with you.”. It’s about time more people asked the same question.
Jackie Joseph (bags etc.) doesn't put up with nonsense from some of them either. Jill Franks was hiding behind her curtain of hair and giggling like a kid over a word used for a bit of a purse/bag, and Jackie said "that's the word..so you just need to get over it and let's move on!"

Latest posts

Back