Food TSV 3.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Food TSV 4.jpg
    Food TSV 4.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Food TSV 5.jpg
    Food TSV 5.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 111
This looks interesting. Might have to have a wee look at this as I like to have some ready meals available when Mr CC wants junk food and I don't.

CC

I will do that MA. Their website has lovely food photos. However, all these food sellers (diet chef included) have lovely photos but the reality is somewhat shite :rolleyes: Double however, if you order from Q and you hate it you will get your money back. Worth a try methinks. Mr CC and myself aren't terribly food compatible and he likes everything I don't so I would be buying this to treat myself. It does need to be a treat though for the price - the fish pie in particular!

CC

Be interesting to see the size of each portion. You will still have to add your own veg/rice/salad etc. by the looks of it.
I'm not a big eater so I don't mind smaller portions but this might be nicer than Diet Chef or Jane Plan (or similar) as it's not sold as diet food. Veg is pretty cheap in Aldi so wouldn't cost too much extra to add on.

CC

Supper Club by Althams Set of 8 Taster Pack Ready Meals
QVC Price £42.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P £5.95

Single

Auto-Delivery

Take a break from cooking and get restaurant-quality food delivered straight to your door with this set of eight Taster Pack Ready Meals from Supper Club by Althams. Offering a selection of delicious, award-winning frozen meals created by chefs using quality ingredients, theres something for everyone with meat-based and vegetarian options. Enjoy hearty, homemade meals for the whole family without lifting a finger, plus choose our Auto Delivery option to stock up for a whole year!
*A great saving: If you were to buy these ready meals individually, directly from Supper Club by Althams you’d pay £41 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £34.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £7.02.
Delivered directly from Althams Butchers - please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery to UK Mainland only.
Quality you can trust - Supper Club is an extension of Althams Butchers, bringing you ready meals created by in-house chefs, using the finest ingredients sourced from local farms and providers. These are real restaurant-quality meals that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
Award-winners - two of the meals in this mouth-watering collection are award-winners. The Cottage Pie and Macaroni Cheese with Pancetta both won Great Taste Awards in 2022 so you know you’ll get a real treat for your tastebuds! Plus, if you go for the Auto Delivery option there are even more award-winning dishes for you to savour.
A year’s supply of premium meals - choose our Auto Delivery option and you’ll receive a further eight meals every 90 days at today’s special price to see you through the year. Plus, if you opt for this, you’ll also get half price delivery on every collection.
  • Each meal is one portion size
  • Not suitable for vegans or vegetarians
  • Cottage Pie contains alcohol
  • Although every effort has been to remove bones, some may still remain
  • For the best flavour, whole fresh and dried herbs are added to this dish. Large leaves and stalks may be present
  • Suitable for home freezing - freeze on day of delivery and use within six months. Once defrosted, do not re-freeze
  • Will arrive frozen. Each meal is in a foil tray with cardboard sleeve and the meals are packed into an insulated cardboard box with dry ice to maintain a consistent temperature throughout transit
  • Storage conditions: keep frozen at -18C
  • Shelf life: minimum of 6 months upon delivery
  • Shelf life after opening: 48 hours
Contains:
  • 2 x Macaroni Cheese with Pancetta (360g) - traditional macaroni pasta with a creamy four cheese sauce. Topped with mozzarella, cheddar and an Italian cheese crumb, finished with pancetta. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Cottage Pie (400g) - minced British beef and root vegetables cooked in a rich red wine gravy. Topped with savoy cabbage, creamy mashed potatoes, cheese and breadcrumbs. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Three Bean Chilli (325g) - a tasty chilli made with a trio of borlotti, black eyed and red kidney beans simmered in a rich spiced tomato sauce
  • 2 x Chicken Jalfrezi (325g) - an authentic curry made with British chicken breast pieces, mixed peppers and onion in a spicy jalfrezi sauce
Cooking instructions:
  • All appliances vary, the following are guidelines only
  • Remove all outer packaging including film lid
  • Oven: electric: 210C; fan: 190C; gas mark: 6.5
  • Place product in the middle of a preheated oven and heat for 35 to 40 minutes
  • Ensure food is piping hot throughout and allow to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Do not reheat once cooked
Auto Delivery options:
April selection contains:
  • 2 x Shepherd’s Pie (400g) - minced British lamb, carrots and peas cooked in a rich gravy with a hint of rosemary. Topped with creamy mashed potatoes, cheese and breadcrumbs. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Lasagne (400g) - a tasty combination of minced British beef and pork cooked to a traditional Italian recipe with pancetta in a rich tomato ragu with Chianti. Layered with sheets of free-range egg pasta and a creamy bechamel sauce. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Chicken Basil Al Forno (380g) - an Italian dish made with British chicken breast pieces cooked in a creamy basil sauce on a bed of penne pasta. Topped with a cheesy herb crust
  • 2 x Vegetable Madras (325g) - a tasty vegetable curry made with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and spinach in an authentic hot and spicy madras sauce
July selection contains:
  • 2 x Cottage Pie (400g) - minced British beef and root vegetables cooked in a rich red wine gravy. Topped with savoy cabbage, creamy mashed potatoes, cheese and breadcrumbs. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Chicken Jalfrezi (325g) - an authentic curry made with British chicken breast pieces, mixed peppers and onion in a spicy jalfrezi sauce
  • 2 x Macaroni Cheese with Pancetta (360g) - traditional macaroni pasta with a creamy four cheese sauce. Topped with mozzarella, cheddar and an Italian cheese crumb, finished with pancetta. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Three Bean Chilli (325g) - a tasty chilli made with a trio of borlotti, black eyed and red kidney beans simmered in a rich spiced tomato sauce
October selection contains:
  • 2 x Shepherd’s Pie (400g) - minced British lamb, carrots and peas cooked in a rich gravy with a hint of rosemary. Topped with creamy mashed potatoes, cheese and breadcrumbs. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Lasagne (400g) - a tasty combination of minced British beef and pork cooked to a traditional Italian recipe with pancetta in a rich tomato ragu with Chianti. Layered with sheets of free-range egg pasta and a creamy bechamel sauce. A Great Taste Awards winner
  • 2 x Chicken Basil Al Forno (380g) - an Italian dish made with British chicken breast pieces cooked in a creamy basil sauce on a bed of penne pasta. Topped with a cheesy herb crust
  • 2 x Vegetable Madras (325g) - a tasty vegetable curry made with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and spinach in an authentic hot and spicy madras sauce
January 2024 selection contains:
For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold
All measurements are approximate

So basically if you are a family of 2 you could both sit down to the same meal together, but you have to mix and match for a larger family. Or multi-buy!

I might have considered this but it has to be cooked in an oven. I’m not putting the oven on to cook something when, with the current fuel prices, I’m cooking in my air fryer or on the gas hob. I doubt very much that the containers would fit into the basket. 🤔 I haven’t seen presentation of it yet, but if the containers look as though they might fit then I’ll reconsider.

Haven’t watched the presentation yet but having looked at their own website and read some of the FAQ, the oven cooking is to enable them to meet restaurant standard.
I imagine these are very much like the Charlie Bingham meals available in supermarkets.
They also have to be cooked from scratch in the oven but are definitely worth it. Only buy them when on a “yellow sticker” though as a bit pricey.

I might have considered this but it has to be cooked in an oven. I’m not putting the oven on to cook something when, with the current fuel prices, I’m cooking in my air fryer or on the gas hob. I doubt very much that the containers would fit into the basket. 🤔 I haven’t seen presentation of it yet, but if the containers look as though they might fit then I’ll reconsider.
I decant ready meals into my own pyrex dish then put that into the Air fryer.

I cook all my ready meals in my air fryer, I have the double one so the baskets are fairly small but these look like they'll fit in and the BA did say they'd fit in any fryer - they did look quite small

I wouldn't mind trying these but if I'm gonna be spending over £40 I'd rather pick and choose what I want. I wouldn't go for cottage pie as a rule (theirs does sound nice, but you have to have 2 of them) and veggie chilli doesn't float my boat either. These are meals for one person, I guess that's why you get two of everything and with the tsv discount they do work out a little cheaper than Charlie Bigham's range (lovely meals btw) but as Madaunty says you can often get them yellow stickered for a fraction of the price, and they're often on promotion.

I cook all my ready meals in my air fryer, I have the double one so the baskets are fairly small but these look like they'll fit in and the BA did say they'd fit in any fryer - they did look quite small

My air fryer is a single basket because that’s all I need for myself. From watching the presentation, I’d have to squash the containers to get them into the basket so I’ve decided to leave it. I rarely have ready meals but they’re quite handy if I don’t fancy cooking. If I do buy a ready meal I get ones that can go in the microwave and the brand I usually buy are quite tasty (and cheaper than the meals in the TSV, delicious though they look.)

Sorry, it must be me but I'm watching now and the bean chilli looks totally disgusting imo. Glutinous , can't distinguish the veggies. Including p and p works out at £5.12 per meal. I could make a cottage pie for four, with 5% minced beef for that. And lets face it, how much does it cost to rustle up a macaroni cheese? Even with "pancetta from Italy" sprinkled on the top! I'm really not convinced, and this is from someone who loves her m and s ready meals, albeit occasionally! I was put off Althams when they did their Christmas offering and the sausages were 60% pork. Rant over!🙄

I know that this is shopping telly and so all descriptions should be taken with a flavoursome pinch of salt....
However 'restaurant quality' for Macaroni Cheese, Cottage Pie, Three bean chilli, chicken jalfrezi!!! Restaurant quality Cottage Pie, what guff.
'Created by chefs' perhaps but manufactured by production teams following recipes. Seriously you don't imagine that Chefs spend their working days churning out savoury mince topped with mashed potatoes.
Then consider the cost of these, and QVC customers clearly are not demonstrating the effect of the cost of living crisis.
Totally bizarre that there is anyone who would consider these meals V from the QVC translation

Our local pub does lovely macaroni with jalapenos and other peppers and it's only £8 and only £4 if they have it on the "half price monday" deal. I looked at this, liked it but too much money and you have to have your oven on for 40 minutes. GrahamBristol is totally right, I can make this stuff myself at a fraction of the price. I just like the thought of tea time coming and thinking "oh I'll just stick that macaroni in the oven". However, Mr CC is at home most days so he cooks tea but I don't always want what he makes. Anyway I didn't buy.

CC

Latest posts

Back