Susie Adams

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I steer clear with anything listed with Sorbitol - a guaranteed loo runner. I love genuine Turkish Delight smothered in icing sugar, its soft and chewy and I've had some with walnuts, yum !
My Father was Type 1 diabetic and we knew well to keep clear of Sorbitol.

It’s hard to beat real hard block butter, especially on toast, my problem is that I could use a full block of the stuff in one sitting, a little toast with my butter as my mum used to say.

For a sandwich I use spreadable butter but not a lot - is that as bad as other spreads?
We stopped using Lurpak spreadable butter as it contains rapeseed oil, we are back to Lurpak block only as if we are having butter we want it to be butter !

Good old butter in a good old butter dish! No margarine in my house always hated the stuff!

Just before Christmas I was looking for a small unusual gift for a foodie. during my search came across a French butter dish, where you store the butter in a little water.

As the problem with butter is it’s impossible to spread from the fridge and I don’t spread butter every day and don’t want butter sitting in a warm kitchen going rancid.

Anyone used one - any good?

Just before Christmas I was looking for a small unusual gift for a foodie. during my search came across a French butter dish, where you store the butter in a little water.

As the problem with butter is it’s impossible to spread from the fridge and I don’t spread butter every day and don’t want butter sitting in a warm kitchen going rancid.

Anyone used one - any good?
I use a le creuset butter dish stored in a cooler part of the kitchen and it is fine, they are expensive but TK Maxx often have them.

Latest posts

Back