Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Donna255, that was my first idea, but then I started doubting my choice and considered the other shade

I always find the whole colour choice so confusing, especially when there are lots of options! I don't even find it helpful when related to a celebrity - not sure why all the brands insist on doing it that way!

I always find the whole colour choice so confusing, especially when there are lots of options! I don't even find it helpful when related to a celebrity - not sure why all the brands insist on doing it that way!

I hate it when they do that with little other explanation, it isn't as though most of us see celebrities close up in daylight!
Looking at the link, I think I might be Fair Honey, is that the palest shade? I'm Porcelain in B&B & Fair in BM. I had the Boots thingy done & they matched me to Calico as it's the lightest shade but it looks like mud when I wear it, too dark with a weird greyish tinge.

I agree nikkid. It might help if they lined up the colours on the inside of the arm or even a sheet of paper. The reviews suggest the shades come up yellow and dark but going lighter seems to mean pink tones. I'm afraid they are going to skip quickly over the colours so they can tell us how many people are jamming the phones and go up or down a shade if your preference has gone. Can't wait to see how the whole kit looks though.

It would be nice if if they could compare their colours to other QVC brands, but then I suppose that would be classed as poaching customers from other brands.
Maybe QVC could do a comparison colour chart which compares all colours with every brand they sell, so if we know what colour we are in one brand we could instantly look up what colour we would be in every other brand they sell.

I wanted to buy this for my daughter in law for Christmas, so Im very confused which to get her, shes blonde and fair skinned, but she does seem to look a bit darker when she has make up on, can anybody help what shade I would be safe with

It would be nice if if they could compare their colours to other QVC brands, but then I suppose that would be classed as poaching customers from other brands.
Maybe QVC could do a comparison colour chart which compares all colours with every brand they sell, so if we know what colour we are in one brand we could instantly look up what colour we would be in every other brand they sell.

Have you tried the findation website? If you type in good colour matches from other brands it will recommend matches in other brands. It may not be so useful for a brand new foundation as the colours may not be on the website but I have found it accurate for working out whether a brand works out darker or lighter than I'd expect.

Agree about the celeb crap, sorry it is crap!!!

I know someone who is even paler that Nicole, she has true Celt colouring black hair very almost white skin and bright blue eyes. Someone else who actually wears the same shade of foundation as me, she has dark brown hair and brown eyes!!! So showing a photo of which ever celeb with blue eyes and red/blond hair means nothing.

findation.com you can put a list of brands you wear and they give the other brands colours. Now I will admit they are not 100% as I can be all over the place in some brands, and if I know the brand its far too dark. Or a very new brand won't be on there. I had to connect them about Kevyn Aucoin I was shade 5 a pale shade, but they stopped at shade 3 and jumped to shade 7. They will include shades if you tell them.

Agree about the celeb crap, sorry it is crap!!!

I know someone who is even paler that Nicole, she has true Celt colouring black hair very almost white skin and bright blue eyes. Someone else who actually wears the same shade of foundation as me, she has dark brown hair and brown eyes!!! So showing a photo of which ever celeb with blue eyes and red/blond hair means nothing.

findation.com you can put a list of brands you wear and they give the other brands colours. Now I will admit they are not 100% as I can be all over the place in some brands, and if I know the brand its far too dark. Or a very new brand won't be on there. I had to connect them about Kevyn Aucoin I was shade 5 a pale shade, but they stopped at shade 3 and jumped to shade 7. They will include shades if you tell them.

thanks for the findation.com site link - excellent info , very useful

I wear 'fair' in Laura Geller bnb, 'light' in Mally, 'light' in Doll 10 and 'fair/light' in Josie Maran, so I'm going to go with 'light beige' for on TSV. I also bought the 'light' in the last tarte TSV.

I'd like to know how Sharon Harvey gets to try nearly every beauty TSV before anyone else and they are always Stunning,no doubt they will show her picture when it's on air.

I don't know anything about her but whilst her review was fine and the colours revealed properly at last, I honestly can't say that the her photos are inspiring me to buy the kit. She just looks like a woman with some make up on.

Latest posts

Back