Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I appreciate your efforts Supercoolwillow - thank you for trying :mysmilie_12:. I have no words to describe how much I want this TSV! But I will learn to be patient and wait!

Since QVC are hiding the item number so well. I am thinking they might not have as much stock as they would like??? I can see it selling out really quickly.

Any OTOs for Tarte???

Akimbo's Powder Foundation Colour Comparisons

Hi all, sorry I didn't get this done sooner, had a rubbish couple of weeks!

Anyhoo, I've taken small samples of a variety of powder colours hoping it will help you to choose your TSV shade. The only colour of Tarte powder I have to sample is the Light Beige, which should be a pink tone but imho isn't, from Bare Minerals the closest match to Tarte's Light Beige is BM Medium Beige (second photo) which is a colour I'd only wear after 3 weeks in the sun or heavy fake tanning, it's almost a bronzer on me when I'm v pale. I couldn't find my pot of BM Medium, which is a good colour on me, as is Fairly Light. I added in Bisque and Summer Bisque just because I can wear these, and they help to illustrate how deep the Tarte light beige is.

The best foundation colour on me is Avon's "Shell", across any texture from full coverage to mineral powder to tinted moisturizer but I don't have a sample to show these. In Laura Geller I'm between Fair and Light, Bare Minerals Medium or Fairly Light (Fair in winter). I'm currently using Doll10 drops in Fair (but can wear Light also) and Josie Maran in Fair.

So I'm going to buy the Fair Honey TSV option (assuming it's only offered in the same limited shades as the single item number http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Amazonia...l?sc=NVSTPLH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-50-_-205119 ) as the Light Beige is too yellow on me (again it works more as a bronzer!)

Photos taken in daylight without flash. S there you have it...clear as mud!

Try the Findation website if you know a couple of foundation colour shades that suit, it will suggest other comparable brands' shades.

You can click on the photos a couple of times to supersize them.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 266
I think I'm going to go for Medium.

I'm Medium Beige in BE, Medium in Laura Geller and either Light or Medium in Mally - in Mally's Ultimate Performance I am Light, but that shade in the Face Defender foundation is way too pasty and I mix it with Doll 10 drops in Medium, which is too dark! I have warm/yellow toned skin.

Great set and value, looking forward to it, been ages since I've said that about a TSV!

Thanks warwa100

Do you have pink undertones though? I have more yellow/neutral so not sure if that one will be ok for me. Off I go to google shades some more lol

I honestly don't know what undertones I have... Sorry.

I find the names of the Tarte foundation colours a little misleading; if you look at the samples I photographed the "Light Beige" is roughly the same colour as Bare Minerals "Medium beige" which is too dark for most "Light" skintones. Tarte offer a whopping 25 options in their Full Coverage Amazonian Clay foundation, and if QVC offered such a wide range they'd maybe tempt those with tricky to match complections to order. I like that Liz Earle and Joan Collins send out little samples to try before you commit to keeping your purchase. If a brand such as Tarte did this, so if you order "light beige" you'd also receive samples of other "light" tones plus a Fair and Medium sample in the equivalent "beige tone you'd feel more confident placing your order.
I don't have the palest alabaster skin but so many of the American foundations don't cater for mine or paler skin tones. I ordered the powder foundation when Tarte first came to QVC but it really is yellow based whereas they claim Light Beige has pink undertones.

I thought that too Akimbo, I was surprised how dark the light beige was!!! As I decided not to go for the TSV, my palette Amazon Escape II has been shipped, I am glad as that would be too dark for me.

Really helpful, thanks Akimbo. I would have picked light beige but I've stressed out far too much about this tsv and feel much happier now I've decided not to buy it! The products will be lovely I'm sure, but I reckon the presenters have been wearing this the last few days and look seriously made up. I like laura geller and will stick with that for now because I can get a very natural look from her products. If the compact didn't have that bright blusher I might have shared the kit with my dd but she is more into contouring and I have loads of blushers.

Not sure I'm going for this now as I already have the foundation and I've bought a fantastic Smashbox palette from Boots today should have been £60 but half price for a special promotion,pleasantly surprised it wasn't made in China.

bonjour all
i did look into Tarte a little deeper a month or so ago
not cos i haven't got enough make up already :taphead:
or i even wear more than bb cream and blusher that often

but cos i am always interested in using 'less toxic' type products
not being black or white on it (and without going into meaningful depth of what 'natural' can mean - right now - i know it is 'complicated')
but it feels the right direction of travel for me

so i was considering Tarte
even though the foundation seems too heavy and kind of lifeless to me, even on the naturally pretty Tarte guest
and the overdone marketing schmooze of 'to our tartlettes' which pings into my email inbox too regularly :dull:
but for reason stated above

if you are considering buying this for the 'earth engineered beauty offering the widest selection of healthy cosmetics'
you may want to look at some of these articles :

http://feelgoodstyle.com/2010/06/08/tarte-cosmetics-greenwashing-experts-or-simply-ignorant/

http://greenbeautyteam.com/features/tarte-makeup-really-natural/

there is unfortunately very little regulation of what claims companies are allowed to make
and there is plenty of smoke and mirrors going on
and i found the above articles helpful in deciding that i wasn't going to pursue Tarte any further

others may of course have completely different reasons for considering Tarte
and please enjoy your TSV, for those going for it :happy:

Latest posts

Back