Tarte TSV 05/05/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is the reason they're selling this in a plastic bag because they know it's going to sell anyway? I don't wear make up but if I was buying for a gift you'd want it nicely presented. Now you're all raving about it and I want it lol. No, no and no (slap hand).

CC

Whats with the american guest's eyebrows ??? Didn't concentrate on what she was saying, I was mesmerised by those slug brows. Why do they go that far with them ? I like mine to be there, but be 'invisable' if that makes sense, as I want my eyes to be centre stage not thick arches above them.

Is the reason they're selling this in a plastic bag because they know it's going to sell anyway? I don't wear make up but if I was buying for a gift you'd want it nicely presented. Now you're all raving about it and I want it lol. No, no and no (slap hand).

CC

CC the plastic bag has always been a point of selling on QVC since year dot. All beauty TSVs or normal products if they have a cheap bag made in China is shown as if it were a Louis Vitton exclusive. Oh, look you get this gorgeous bag with (fill in the brand), which you can keep or give as a gift.

Most are a bit rubbish tbh. Even the Elemis ones have gone down the 'cheap' route in recent years. There was a time when Elemis would include a proper box with zip or a small vanity case with handle and zip / lock - I still have mine and so useful, but the floppy plastics generally end up in the charity bag.

Yes I dithered and am now glad the tsv sold out in my shade, I would much rather see and buy make up in the flesh and whilst I can't really do that at the moment I think I have plenty to tide me over until I can

there is a lot of complaining on QVC Facebook over the lighter shades being sold out even by the 9 pm show. They are blaming not ordering enough stock and people being allowed to buy days before the official TVS day

CC the plastic bag has always been a point of selling on QVC since year dot. All beauty TSVs or normal products if they have a cheap bag made in China is shown as if it were a Louis Vitton exclusive. Oh, look you get this gorgeous bag with (fill in the brand), which you can keep or give as a gift.
Or....use as a clutch! 🤣

I will say more to do with Tarte not wanting to ship too many over. Look at the Q website and there are older TSVs still hanging around unsold. In fact, there is very little Tarte rare to get new stuff apart from it seems lipglosses. I have a feeling Tarte will be leaving QVC in the not too distance future and popping up in Boots.

I got the TSV ( in Light Neutral) thinking I was nearly out of shape tape, but the found I had another I'd already opened in "Light".

Curiously the original "Light" shade is less yellow-toned than the "Light Neutral"

I got the TSV ( in Light Neutral) thinking I was nearly out of shape tape, but the found I had another I'd already opened in "Light".

Curiously the original "Light" shade is less yellow-Itoned than the "Light Neutral"
What are the eyeshadows like, it did look a lovely TSV.

What are the eyeshadows like, it did look a lovely TSV.

The palette is nice - slightly softer colours than the previous palettes, fewer strong rust and orange-based shadows. Three shimmers and five mattes. They're all variations of taupe; they could have been marketed it as a Kelly Hoppen collaboration! That said, if you already own the tartelette matte or In Bloom palettes you probably don't need this other than as an edited travel compact that's thin and lightweight (not currently a high priority). There was a Rainforest of the Sea (round compact) of shimmery eye shadows with similar taupey shadows (vol 1 or 3, not the volume 2 which included a deep charcoal shadow if I remember correctly).

Tarte has made palettes including mermaid teals, deep aubergines and mellow denim blues, but these have dwindled in recent years. Mainstream make up trends have put all eye-colours in neutrals with rust or orange tones to brighten the whites of eyes and boost the contrast with blue, green and hazel irises. It's nothing new but it's taken over, so whether it's QVC or Tarte; their customers or their buyers they will stick with trusted sellers for a TSV, so I shouldn't be surprised. DD and I both have hazel eyes but her's look better with rusty neutrals, whereas mine looker greener with in a narrow range of plummy purples or old gold iykwim. I have blue-eyed friends who suit neutrals with a shock of bordeaux to wake them up (sounds tempting). Fortunately we're all old enough to have shadows dating back long enough to meet our needs.

The highlighter Glow wand is ok, but nothing special.

I'm in two minds whether to keep and assign half of it to presents or return it; probably the latter.

Latest posts

Back