Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ordered mine in light. Not overly impressed about there being less items in the other drops, hadn't noticed that myself!

My TSV has shipped.

I found when asking a question she can take up to a few days to answer, also the time difference. Hopefully you will get answers tomorrow. I am waiting for my TSV to arrive and will phone up and cancel the others, I already have the palette Noir so no point in getting it.

For those who care about animal testing, although Leigh is always claiming that Tarte is cruelty free, the claim is not true.

All they're able to claim is that they've signed Peta's pathetic "Statement of Assurance", which doesn't say they don't use animal-tested ingredients, just that they don't test or commission testing themselves:

"Companies listed either signed PETA’s statement of assurance or provided a statement verifying that they do not conduct or commission any animal tests on ingredients, formulations, or finished products and that they pledge not to do so in the future. "

I emailed Tarte asking for their assurance that the suppliers of their ingredients aren't doing animal testing and how they ensure they're buying cruelty free ingredients, and they haven't replied. So clearly Tarte is the same as Laura Geller, Mally, Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau etc. They claim to be cruelty free using clever wording, but when you pin them down over their ingredients they're not cruelty free at all. Someone from Laura Geller actually told me that it's fine for them to call themselves cruelty free even if they buy animal-tested ingredients from animal-testing suppliers, because they haven't done the testing themselves, so as far as they're concerned they can say LG is cruelty free. It's shocking how duplicitous these companies are.

In the case of Tarte, Leigh and the presenters keep claiming the entire range is vegan, meaning there are no animal-derived ingredients, but the Tarte website actually admits not all the products are vegan and has a vegan page showing which are. It's shameful that Tarte is allowed to keep claiming that they're cruelty free when clearly they're not.

My TSV has shipped.

I found when asking a question she can take up to a few days to answer, also the time difference. Hopefully you will get answers tomorrow. I am waiting for my TSV to arrive and will phone up and cancel the others, I already have the palette Noir so no point in getting it.
Mine has shipped too, hoping to get it tomorrow otherwise it's going to be on Monday.

Any Tarte I have bought has the US version of the Bunny on it. We have the leaping bunny their version has a bunny head with a bent ear.

They are open then on their website stating not all their range is Vegan and showing which products are. I know someone who is Vegan and she has said many brands who do not claim to be Vegan but when checking the ingredient list turn out to have no animal ingredients in products. She is happy to use these.

Does anyone have an item number for the twinkle palette,I tried to buy this in America and they had sold out everywhere.

The bags look dodgy in the 2 AD drops; plus I'm miffed they're not offering at least the same number of items in these sets; why revert to the bog standard 7ml Lights Camera Lashes? I quite fancy the double version with the fine lower lashes brush. But if I like it I won't get any more in these sets! :mysmilie_10:

AND why not offer the other version of the Showstopper palette (in plummy shades) as the second drop and the grand finale 3rd drop could include the Swamp Queen palette ...that'd keep folk tied into the auto delivery!

Must admit I was expecting one of the drops to be the other Showstopper palette with a full size different lip colour, a different brush but the same eye & foundation products, then perhaps a new palette in the autumn.
With the cheaper looking bags & other things, apart from foundation & palettes, being just glorified sample sizes it looks like they're going very cheapskate for the auto drops after luring buyers in with the first TSV. Doesn't do either Tarte or QVC any credit.

The bags look dodgy in the 2 AD drops; plus I'm miffed they're not offering at least the same number of items in these sets; why revert to the bog standard 7ml Lights Camera Lashes? I quite fancy the double version with the fine lower lashes brush. But if I like it I won't get any more in these sets! :mysmilie_10:

AND why not offer the other version of the Showstopper palette (in plummy shades) as the second drop and the grand finale 3rd drop could include the Swamp Queen palette ...that'd keep folk tied into the auto delivery!

from what ive been told we aint due to get the swamp queen one & that but i think we will be

I almost feel a little sorry for Leigh as she may have to field a certain amount of flack on social media when folk start to realise it's not as tempting as would first appear.

Didn't QVC do a couple of auto-deliveries (not necessarily beauty sets) where the final drop included bonus items or a larger size; some incentive to stick with the program (I know Diet Chef was one but I'm sure there were others historically).

One of the last bareMinerals TSVs I bought was on auto-delivery with 3 different white bags: a large, a small and a brush-holder which I still use for my BM graveyard.

Then there's the very real possibility that QVC or Tarte or both will make a complete balls up of the drops and folk will be royally pissed off again. Or hundreds will cancel their ADs after the first drop and the later sets will be sold on the website anyway. If there is a template for a retail PR failure QVC probably wrote it!

Must admit I was expecting one of the drops to be the other Showstopper palette with a full size different lip colour, a different brush but the same eye & foundation products, then perhaps a new palette in the autumn.
With the cheaper looking bags & other things, apart from foundation & palettes, being just glorified sample sizes it looks like they're going very cheapskate for the auto drops after luring buyers in with the first TSV. Doesn't do either Tarte or QVC any credit.

I was also expecting the other drops to have a different Showstopper palette and the double ended mascara.

Latest posts

Back