Tefal - way overpriced.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Not a channel I would remotely consider shopping with but, as I work in retail, I am constantly comparing prices. IW is selling the 1kg actifry at £169.99, we sell the 1.2kg at £99.99. was £89.99. £230 for the black one, are they mad or just greedy? With us, pop in and we 'll take it to your car; IW slap a huge postage charge on it.

I bought my Actifry from IW and it was a good deal for £149 for the 1.5kg at the time. They are no different to other retailers who tend to keep the price high and then reduce it meaning the higher price makes the sale price even more attractive. I always factor the postage in when buying and having bought an Actifry I would sooner pay the postage if the price is good then have to get it home as it is a large box.

If it's at a high price it generally means there will be an offer on. It's a problem shops can have as they have to sell a product at a higher price before they can claim they are now selling it cheaper.

Don't know where you work but I know Argos are selling it for £99.99 at the moment and they have discounted it from their previous higher price.

If it's at a high price it generally means there will be an offer on. It's a problem shops can have as they have to sell a product at a higher price before they can claim they are now selling it cheaper.

Don't know where you work but I know Argos are selling it for £99.99 at the moment and they have discounted it from their previous higher price.

Not Argos. My point is that IW continues to sell the lesser models at higher prices, than they can be purchased for elsewhere. When the models first came out, of course the prices were higher. Usually, with time the prices decrease. Except at IW. I carry them out to customers' cars daily.

Last edited:
im sure i could find things in your store dearer elsewhere so is your employer also being greedy ? like most things always shop around :)

Latest posts

Back