The Bitching Has Started - QVC Customer Beauty Awards..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DarJos

Registered Shopper
The bitching has started with a member on Keeley Aydin's FB Elemis page. Keeley posted this on Wednesday Night "Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC
Loving the weather, do feel sorry for Omer though fasting well done to anyone who is you have my full admiration. Cant wait for Sunday please let us win something xx"

She got all the usual good luck message then someone posts this post "If Liz flamin Earle wins again over Elemis I think I am going to right to my MP (if I knew who it actually was!!) Fingers crossed Keeley!! Elemis deserves to wipe the floor with everything else (With the exception of the lovely Fiona from Decleor but I still prefer the big E!)".

How pathetic , get over yourselves. It's down to the viewers who choose the winners not QVC themselves.

Also QVC have been asking presenters for their products of choice and the "Grinning Idiot picked Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser and Craig Rowe said "he takes it off with a muslin cloth , Keeley always says to take it off with a mitt. Who's right?
http://blogs.qvcuk.com/julybeautymo...es-must-have-mens-grooming-products.html#more

You can use this thread to discuss winners...

Another one here who needs her specs changing! Had to read twice to see properly what Omar was doing!

If it was up to QVC and Madam Young who won cleanser moisturiser etc, you can be sure it would not be Liz Earle. It must nearly kill her that they win so many awards, no matter how she pretends otherwise. No one can convince me that she regards LE in the same presteeegus category as her beloved Decleor, Elemis and Gatineau (which I wasted so much money on, Allison). If old Lizzie and her gang sweep the board again, it will be great fun to watch her congratulating them, looking like she had been sucking on a lemon.

I think there is a lot of loathing towards Liz Earle from these brands and the reps (especially Keeley who has been snooty about LE Brand in blog posts she's done for the QVC website). I noted that there wasn't any mixing with anyone from LE after this year's beauty bash as it was Keeley , Alexis , Abi , et al who went for a drink after the event had finished...

Last edited:
When I first started watching QVC (about 10 years ago) I noticed that AY never did a Liz Earle show or had any of her products on In The Salon With Alison - it was only when LE brought the hand cream out and Newby Hands, "a beauty journalist who I've respected my whole career", gave it a 10/10 rave that AY deigned to talk about LE. I don't use any of her products myself - tried them and they were no better than stuff I could pick up at the supermarket.

When I first started watching QVC (about 10 years ago) I noticed that AY never did a Liz Earle show or had any of her products on In The Salon With Alison - it was only when LE brought the hand cream out and Newby Hands, "a beauty journalist who I've respected my whole career", gave it a 10/10 rave that AY deigned to talk about LE. I don't use any of her products myself - tried them and they were no better than stuff I could pick up at the supermarket.

I remember she used to say if she didn't believe in a product she would not show it in her shows, seems now she will show any old tat if she is told to.

I believe Liz Earle has lost some of its shine since selling out to Avon, so that will be interesting results wise.

No offence but QVC have already picked who they want to win when they put up the noms, they pick who is in the poll and who isn't. Its not open to every brand sold on QVC which would actually be totally fair. I did vote but some catagories I didn't use any of those given to vote for. I use Elemis but in one cat I did give Liz Earle a vote as I didn't use any in that group but knew her stuff was good. :smirk:

I remember someone on here long ago saying that Liz and Alison did not like each other. hence AY didn't do any LE shows back then even the TSVs.

I believe Liz Earle has lost some of its shine since selling out to Avon, so that will be interesting results wise.

I completely agree Donna. One of its strength's was being an independant British brand. Something that Emma Hardie can now take advantage of. It won't stop me buying the products I like and which suit my skin but I think it's a shame. Still perhaps Avon is better than Estee Lauder!

I remember she used to say if she didn't believe in a product she would not show it in her shows, seems now she will show any old tat if she is told to.

Indeed, I don't believe any of the Time Bomb products have even been given a patch test on the skin of the 'redisent beauty expert' but that doesn't stop her from foraging her way as far up Lulu's arse as she can get.

....No offence but QVC have already picked who they want to win when they put up the noms, they pick who is in the poll and who isn't. Its not open to every brand sold on QVC which would actually be totally fair

Exactly! I was dismayed to see that Alpha-H Absolute Eye Complex was not in the eye cream category even though it has 50 odd reviews.
Very selective in my view

This quote is taken from Jenny's blog on the LE website:

'The QVC Customer Beauty Awards are very special as they are voted for by you, our customers. Products are nominated when they receive a minimum of ten customer reviews and score an average of at least 4.5 stars out of 5, so the nominations are customer favourites.'

If that's the criteria lots more stuff should be nominated in the QVC beauty awards.

I'm disappointed.

I thought this was going to be a beauty contest between QVC customers. :heartbroke:

Is there any point of these 'awards' except to brainwash...sorry, publicise what this channel already sells? :puke:

Not in the least bit interested in these awards ........ just another way to promote more sales :dull: Let me predict....there will be wins for elemis, decleor, gatineau & liz earle :thinking:

Well, seeing as there are few "outsiders", you are bound to be right fulhamphil :giggle:

It's just another promotional exercise for the big brand spenders with QVC to promote their products. Same as "Big Brand Day" and all the other promotions they come up with.

Well Yes, but the whole channel is promotional.
It would be nice to actually know what customers rated rather than have every beauty show presenter tell us how they love it and can't do without it blah blah blah.
But, it is not to be.
It's all been pre-ordained and that's what I find unpalatable.

..................Also QVC have been asking presenters for their products of choice and the "Grinning Idiot picked Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser and Craig Rowe said "he takes it off with a muslin cloth , Keeley always says to take it off with a mitt. Who's right? ............

Anything that can remove those silly grins, grimaces and gurns (is that a word?) from his face deserves a top award - how about sandpaper ?

Well Yes, but the whole channel is promotional.
It would be nice to actually know what customers rated rather than have every beauty show presenter tell us how they love it and can't do without it blah blah blah.
But, it is not to be.
It's all been pre-ordained and that's what I find unpalatable.

especially as CH just said that LE had won four awards. the guest said "errmm nominated yes".

anyone smell something fishy?

as soon as i saw keeley aydin begging for votes on FB i went and voted.

for every OTHER brand. :O)

especially as CH just said that LE had won four awards. the guest said "errmm nominated yes".

anyone smell something fishy?

If this is true this will really p**s off the Keeley gang!! :rock:

One award won to Liz Earle , What award was it? Don't think it was to be announced yet though...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back