The Bitching Has Started - QVC Customer Beauty Awards..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If this is true this will really p**s off the Keeley gang!! :rock:

right, they just started to sell C&P and for a split second a banner came up saying "Winner of customer's choice award 2011" which CH read out. Then the banner disappeared and there was a silence then CH said "err... is that right? ummmm.....lets move swiftly on...."
i think its safe to say that if the voting is still open, dont bother. theyve already decided on the winners

Thanks BB thought I was seeing things. I think the voting ended on Sunday, but they have obviously counted the votes. Wouldn't want to be that poor Q employee who pressed the wrong button just now.

I thought they were announcing the winners online yesterday so I was fully expecting the winners to be posted yesterday. Voting ended on Sunday and the category that they have won is the one where a blank space was left for customers to put the product they can't live without and Keeley was banging home the message to put pro collagen marine cream in the space so that one worked didn't it Keeley?

Doesn't this just demonstrate what a sham all of this is? :mysmilie_486:

I think they should do something new like dress all the presenters and guests in giant branded lipstick and anti-peptide cream costumes and have them doing zelebrity Its-a-Knockout type races on a Majorcan beach...just as a tsunami is about to hit the shore.

Last edited:
Doesn't this just demonstrate what a sham all of this is?

Yes it does, but I have a cunning plan ....
Julia apologized recently for wearing earrings that Q no longer stocked. We got the, "I am very naughty :smirk:" speech. I thought at that time, they should ONLY wear what Q stocks!
We should get a petition going - Presenters Must Wear - top to toe - Q Items ONLY!
Lol - Kim & co, milky knits, Michele Hope .......

Oh nasty. I love it!!!!!

I love my cosmetics but never had the urge to start a fight over which brand is best.

More important things in life like:

Is Karl Urban the right actor for the new Judge Dredge? He doesn't have the chin for it.
Does Dr.Who really get killed?
:tongue:

The whole thing is a total farce and I'm bored with it already.:sleepy: I use what I like regardless of how many awards it has or has not won.

When I first started watching QVC (about 10 years ago) I noticed that AY never did a Liz Earle show or had any of her products on In The Salon With Alison - it was only when LE brought the hand cream out and Newby Hands, "a beauty journalist who I've respected my whole career", gave it a 10/10 rave that AY deigned to talk about LE. I don't use any of her products myself - tried them and they were no better than stuff I could pick up at the supermarket.

Someone once said on here that they didn't get on!

I don't use Facebook at all (am I the only one), but I have loved seeing all of the Keeley fans devasted by her lack of awards.... One of them appears quite suicidal!!!

They really need to get a grip, at the end of the day shes not saving lives shes peddling overpriced creams and portions....

I use what suits my skin and my bank balance, not bothered if it gets a flipping prize or not, the whole awards thing is just another sales ploy. That Emma Hardie is on as I type, can't say she's a great advert for her range, looks as if she has a lot of foundation on.

New Cid

Just turned on when the New CID ibronzing powder was one and to me it looks like a Laura Geller product that I have! it was just the packaging that looked different!

I bought the new ID bronzer from ideal world before Laura Geller was on QVC. I take with a pinch of salt the tales of designing clever package components or blending formulas themselves. Mostly they buy elements off the peg from packaging manufacturers and I expect the same is true of the product as well in many cases. Stacey from models prefer was guilty of this but in her defence, New <ID now claim they invented the lipgloss with a light but this was in a YBF collection a few years earlier. AY has a selective memory about these things!
I still can't find any reason for the < symbol and the name change from NEW ID to NEW CID; they started as a make over company which makes sense of the new ID name but what does the C or < actually stand for? Answers on a postcard?

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back