The Christmas Grotto TSV 13/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It has to mean that, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Some of the wording they use us not at all clear.
If they did actually switch it on for you when they put it in the box, the batteries would be dead by the time you opened it!

So I've still got no isea what PRE-LIT actually means.

Toenail Clippers For Seniors

I bought the Toenail Clippers but couldn't use them, I found them very awkward. I suppose it could be me, another useless gadget from QVC .I did buy the Revitite leg booster ...and it is one of my best buys to date.

I'm a little bit ashamed to say that I parted with £22 for a set of gift mate Christmas bags, but I bought a set 3 years ago from Q and whilst I was initially disappointed with them as some gifts have to be packed in sideways to fit they have literally been worth their weight in gold. I managed to reuse the larger ones as I used to them to gift to close family so managed to get them back to use again! I've been able to use the smaller plain gold bags for birthday presents over the years and the other sizes have been useful too. I am down to a couple of medium/small bags, so I thought it about time I topped up. It seems like a lot of money as gift wrap and sellotape can be bought for pennies but for me, who hates the chore of gift wrapping and is absolutely useless at it, believe me these bags are money well spent. I did trawl amazon etc for cheaper alternatives but I wasn't able to find the configuration that suited me, and I wasn't able to assess the quality so I stuck with what I knew. I've had 3 years of hassle free wrapping from my first set, so here's to 3 more!

I'm a little bit ashamed to say that I parted with £22 for a set of gift mate Christmas bags, but I bought a set 3 years ago from Q and whilst I was initially disappointed with them as some gifts have to be packed in sideways to fit they have literally been worth their weight in gold. I managed to reuse the larger ones as I used to them to gift to close family so managed to get them back to use again! I've been able to use the smaller plain gold bags for birthday presents over the years and the other sizes have been useful too. I am down to a couple of medium/small bags, so I thought it about time I topped up. It seems like a lot of money as gift wrap and sellotape can be bought for pennies but for me, who hates the chore of gift wrapping and is absolutely useless at it, believe me these bags are money well spent. I did trawl amazon etc for cheaper alternatives but I wasn't able to find the configuration that suited me, and I wasn't able to assess the quality so I stuck with what I knew. I've had 3 years of hassle free wrapping from my first set, so here's to 3 more!
We use them in our family too. They go round and round although there are some sizes that never seem to get used, so all in all I think they aren't a bad buy. Like you I thought it was maybe a bit over the top to spend that much on wrapping, but as I can never find paper when I need it and have to buy more, I don't think I will have spent that much more on getting these.

We use them in our family too. They go round and round although there are some sizes that never seem to get used, so all in all I think they aren't a bad buy. Like you I thought it was maybe a bit over the top to spend that much on wrapping, but as I can never find paper when I need it and have to buy more, I don't think I will have spent that much more on getting these.
I think it would be better though if they perhaps put the xmas designs on say the 2 largest sizes and make the rest sparkly and plain so that one could use them to wrap gifts for occasions other than Christmas. My first set did have some small gold bags and some slightly larger red ones and they've been useful, but it has been a bit of a pain when you've got a birthday gift to wrap and the only option you've got has a picture of Santa or "Merry Xmas" plastered across it. I would then have to go out and buy one of those gift bags with rope handles as I'm not faffing around with paper, scissors and sellotape! I know you can actually buy an all occasions set but they're plastered with pictures of birthday cakes, & santas, so you're in the same boat with that one. It would be great if they just gave a set of sparkly bags in varying colours and supplied a selection of "greetings stickers" to apply to them. Anyway, having used them there's no going back!

More unpleasantness from the QVC Santa's Sac... I've had better quality gifts when I was sitting on Santa Claus's knee in Jones Brothers in The Holloway Road - I was 27 at the time.

Latest posts

Back