Thorntons TSV 20/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We need to research this carefully as Thornton's have lots of offers on their own website and currently have free postage over a certain amount of orders. They have 3 x 450g of the continental for £25.

Thorntons hampers are ace, I've had a few of them, some given as gifts in their own right and some split up for Chrissy pressies - and they're brill value. Most of the time they have certain ones with brilliant reductions - some at 50% off sometimes, and postage isnt expensive. I've also ordered from them and had hampers delivered direct to people and they don't put the invoice in the box and will include a gift message. I'd definitely recommend them over Q.

I'm loving the wicker wonderland thorntons hamper, but do think that the Q one is good value too. (Mind you I think any chocolate item is a bargain..lol)

I bought some Thorntons a few weeks ago. A hamper and some boxed chocolates which were 5 for £20 and had a 20% discount code plus got free p and p. Worked out much cheaper than Q.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Thorntons chocolates ??? I had so many boxes for my birthday recently that I gave every single one of them away ! Oh I've tried, believe me, but the choccy is too greasy and the centres too gloopy for my taste. Funny, because 30 - 40 years ago they were THE top chocolates, but they tasted different back then.

I DO however, love the proper Swiss Lindt Sprungli, tres expensive but you pay for quality.

Not just you.....I dislike Thorntons too.

I will make an exception for the dark chocolate gingers though!

I am also finding Hotel Chocolat nowhere near as good as they used to be too.......

I think in a quest to cut costs (to themselves, not us) that cheaper ingredients are being used.

Anyone else remember when QVC did Lindt chocs?

They were the best I ever tasted, came direct from Lindt and were so fresh, the taste was wonderful......I never realised before how much taste is lost when chocs sit around in shops for months on end before we buy them!!

I was in Rotterdam recently and came across a Leonidas shop and was reminded how superb they are!!

Am I the only one who doesn't like Thorntons chocolates ??? I had so many boxes for my birthday recently that I gave every single one of them away ! Oh I've tried, believe me, but the choccy is too greasy and the centres too gloopy for my taste. Funny, because 30 - 40 years ago they were THE top chocolates, but they tasted different back then.

I DO however, love the proper Swiss Lindt Sprungli, tres expensive but you pay for quality.

Does anyone know if the Hampers are available in store or is it just online ? Thanks in advanced x

I was in Rotterdam recently and came across a Leonidas shop and was reminded how superb they are!!

Oh my, Leonidas chocolates! That takes me back to business trips to Brussels and on the last day we all dashed down to their nearest shop to stock up. Absolutely glorious. Instead of Thorntons I have bought an "on offer" box of M&S dark, white and milk chocs for £6 for 600g. That will do me for Xmas, along with a few other bits and bobs.

starting any day now on Thorntons website are their Deal of The Day christmas offers ... these are great value ... last year you had allsorts, half price hampers etc etc Well worth checking out guys. I receive daily notifications by email too :mysmilie_48:

Oh thanks Spooky - I have just signed up for their emails. Oh no I can hear my skirt buttons pinging off as I type!

Oh my, Leonidas chocolates! That takes me back to business trips to Brussels and on the last day we all dashed down to their nearest shop to stock up. Absolutely glorious. Instead of Thorntons I have bought an "on offer" box of M&S dark, white and milk chocs for £6 for 600g. That will do me for Xmas, along with a few other bits and bobs.

There are Leonidas shops in London and you can get them in Harrods!!

Last edited:
I bought some cherry liqueurs in Lidl the other week, they cost £1.69 for 250g (I think) and were absolutely yummy. If I was buying a gift I would want a recognised brand but for myself these were great, I just wish I had bought more than one box.

Leonidas are my absolute favourite chocs. I go to Belgium every year with my sister and bring back as much as I can carry for myself and family.

Latest posts

Back