Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone stop me buying another handbag. It's a little Frank usher quilted crossbody bag with chain/"leather" handle...I normally hate chain handles but I think this bag is really cute and it has a little coin purse inside that you can attach your keys to. I have finally found my "forever bag" which I use a lot, I have another bag that was supposed to be my forever bag but it was too small so I use it for nights out 'cause I really like it. I have three tote bags, 2 medium and one enormous (great for serious shopping and collecting parcels). I've still got my Miche bag but rarely use as it's a very formal shape but I still use it on occassions. I have a bag shaped like a rubber chicken which I now don't use as my tastes are a lot more conservative lately..and a pleather backpack which I thought would be handy when riding my bike..but I tend to use a big canvas one if I'm going anywhere other than work on the bike. I was thinking that the little Frank Usher would be handy to wear to work, although it's a bit "dressy". At the moment I've commandeered OH's holiday bumbag to wear to work 'cause it holds all I need, even a little folded up canvas shopper. It's probably all I need (although it's technically not mine) but I love this little bag and want it..but then do I and with p&p it's nearly £40...I know I'll end up buying it but I wish I didn't have the urge.....I really really don't need it. It won't cause any more clutter 'cause I can store inside one of my totes..I've got 2 medium ones cos OH bought me a shocking pink one a few years back but as I say it's not really to my taste any more, but I use it to store bits and bobs in...a mobile junk drawer if you like..don't have the heart to chuck it out...Got stop looking at Q!

They’ve got them on Amazon, AndiK.

The ones on eBay are showing up as more expensive and many are coming from Germany or the States. That search wasn’t in the Kuhn Rikon eBay shop though because I don’t know where that is.
Many thanks. Yes, I put a couple of different ones on my Amazon Wish List a while back and will definitely look again now as those two in your pic are not on my list.

Someone stop me buying another handbag. It's a little Frank usher quilted crossbody bag with chain/"leather" handle...I normally hate chain handles but I think this bag is really cute and it has a little coin purse inside that you can attach your keys to. I have finally found my "forever bag" which I use a lot, I have another bag that was supposed to be my forever bag but it was too small so I use it for nights out 'cause I really like it. I have three tote bags, 2 medium and one enormous (great for serious shopping and collecting parcels). I've still got my Miche bag but rarely use as it's a very formal shape but I still use it on occassions. I have a bag shaped like a rubber chicken which I now don't use as my tastes are a lot more conservative lately..and a pleather backpack which I thought would be handy when riding my bike..but I tend to use a big canvas one if I'm going anywhere other than work on the bike. I was thinking that the little Frank Usher would be handy to wear to work, although it's a bit "dressy". At the moment I've commandeered OH's holiday bumbag to wear to work 'cause it holds all I need, even a little folded up canvas shopper. It's probably all I need (although it's technically not mine) but I love this little bag and want it..but then do I and with p&p it's nearly £40...I know I'll end up buying it but I wish I didn't have the urge.....I really really don't need it. It won't cause any more clutter 'cause I can store inside one of my totes..I've got 2 medium ones cos OH bought me a shocking pink one a few years back but as I say it's not really to my taste any more, but I use it to store bits and bobs in...a mobile junk drawer if you like..don't have the heart to chuck it out...Got stop looking at Q!
You could try applying Nanny Mcfee, but I’m one to talk, I’ve just purchased a new bag I didn’t need.

Hope this helps:
imo chain handles look cheap. I avoid those type of bags. Also they are probably made in china.

Thanks for this, Donna. How do I find the Kuhn Rikon eBay shop? I use eBay quite a lot but tend to search for things by item name rather than seller. If KR have a shop, Koch Blume might have one and, as I was saying in another thread, I'm after one of those pan boiling over stopper lid things (technical name).

Firstly you need to click UK for your area of buying it is on the left side.

Anything I have bought came from Kuhn Rikon UK store and very fast shipping.

Hope this helps:
imo chain handles look cheap. I avoid those type of bags. Also they are probably made in china.

I utterly agree on chain handles but I don't mind the ones with leather laced through them (though I know this isn't a leather bag) I've just gone and had a look at my lovely Frank Usher wrap to see where it was made and it doesn't actually say...So it's quite likely the bag won't either, but then if I did order it and it did say made in China I'd be angry with myself, and would want to send it back....but then how much would they charge me for that privilege? The main gripe I have is the price...and to be Frank (pun intended) I can't be bothered to shop around for a cheapo version, and I quite like the branding. I've got to an age now where as snooty as it sounds I don't want to shop in Primark any more, not unless I want something as mundane as swimwear, beach wraps and tights. To be fair I can't buy it just yet as I've got a couple more bills to pay and a couple of outings I'll need money for...so it won't be for at least another week before I can decide whether I can afford to buy it. Hopefully it'll be sold out by then so the decision will be made for me!

I utterly agree on chain handles but I don't mind the ones with leather laced through them (though I know this isn't a leather bag) I've just gone and had a look at my lovely Frank Usher wrap to see where it was made and it doesn't actually say...So it's quite likely the bag won't either, but then if I did order it and it did say made in China I'd be angry with myself, and would want to send it back....but then how much would they charge me for that privilege? The main gripe I have is the price...and to be Frank (pun intended) I can't be bothered to shop around for a cheapo version, and I quite like the branding. I've got to an age now where as snooty as it sounds I don't want to shop in Primark any more, not unless I want something as mundane as swimwear, beach wraps and tights. To be fair I can't buy it just yet as I've got a couple more bills to pay and a couple of outings I'll need money for...so it won't be for at least another week before I can decide whether I can afford to buy it. Hopefully it'll be sold out by then so the decision will be made for me!
Is it this one?

Is it this one?

Yes that's the one..The only proper use I have for it would be to take to work...I travel pretty light to work so never take my proper handbag as it'd have to be squashed up in my locker. I take phone, mask, lip balm, keys and discount card and a few bits of odd change to put on my vending key. The bum bag I'm borrowing from OH is frankly ideal, but it's boring and practical....this is looks cute as well, and being cross body it means I can wear it under my coat when If I'm riding the bike to work. The little coin purse is swaying it for me..as at the moment I've just got coins chucked into one of the bumbag compartments. I'm hoping that my mobile phone will slide into the little front pocket, but I've got quite a big phone so more than likely it won't...shame I can't see it. Like I say for nearly £40 it is a lot of money to spend on something I don't actually need, even though I know I will use it.

I will be honest and if I see something from them on QVC I go check out their eBay shop and buy from it as it's always cheaper.

I did actually buy a pair of earrings on Diamonique day, they are drops with a bezel set clear and tanzanite stones. They had an emerald version and a clear version as well.

Q has an eBay shop? I've often looked there for a Q shop but never managed to find it.

Don't buy a bag, don't buy a bag. You have far too many already don't you? Where will you go to use it/show it off? It's just a bag. Think what you could do with the money spent on a bag that hangs in the cupboard.

I love loads of the handbags but I don't buy them because I leave them on the bus (when I went on a bus) and someone finds it and thinks "yah, a posh bag, better take it for myself".

Hey, buy it if you want it as long as it doesn't mean living on cabbage for a month.

CC

Don't buy a bag, don't buy a bag. You have far too many already don't you? Where will you go to use it/show it off? It's just a bag. Think what you could do with the money spent on a bag that hangs in the cupboard.

I love loads of the handbags but I don't buy them because I leave them on the bus (when I went on a bus) and someone finds it and thinks "yah, a posh bag, better take it for myself".

Hey, buy it if you want it as long as it doesn't mean living on cabbage for a month.

CC
I couldn’t have put it better myself.

CC

If after all my outgoings it looks as if I’m going to struggle, then I most certainly won’t be buying - it kinda rests upon how much my credit card bill is this month, and the statement doesn’t come out until at least the 13th. I’ve got a trip out with a friend on Tuesday which involves train travel and money for afternoon tea at the very least, other than that I’m going to a friends house at the weekend for lunch and wine and her house isn’t in walking distance and the bike wouldn’t be a good idea if wine is involved- so bus fare and it would be polite to bring her a bottle of wine too.
I think in these grim times we’re all buying ourselves little treats to pick ourselves up and so far everything I’ve bought from Q has been useful (even the bag) if I do end up buying it- but the main thing is I don’t want to slip into a re-clutter of my home and end up having to throw good stuff away in order to get the place looking nice again. It’s good at the moment due to my recent blitz.

Yes that's the one..The only proper use I have for it would be to take to work...I travel pretty light to work so never take my proper handbag as it'd have to be squashed up in my locker. I take phone, mask, lip balm, keys and discount card and a few bits of odd change to put on my vending key. The bum bag I'm borrowing from OH is frankly ideal, but it's boring and practical....this is looks cute as well, and being cross body it means I can wear it under my coat when If I'm riding the bike to work. The little coin purse is swaying it for me..as at the moment I've just got coins chucked into one of the bumbag compartments. I'm hoping that my mobile phone will slide into the little front pocket, but I've got quite a big phone so more than likely it won't...shame I can't see it. Like I say for nearly £40 it is a lot of money to spend on something I don't actually need, even though I know I will use it.
I must admit I’m drawn to Frank Usher bags too. I’ve never bought one yet only because I know I won’t get much use out of it. I don’t like chain handles either usually but as you say this one is cute.

If it helps to decide the quality of the jewellery at the start was very very hit and miss (and IMO all brands quality have dive bombed) difference then it was as cheap as chips so worth the punt.

What arrived intact is holding up well but a lot arrived broken or fell apart on the first wear.

Saying that I haven’t purchased for years, my fear would be that chemical smell you get in that type of bag. To my cost, it never ever disappears.

I need to find my sensible head again. I was doing really well for ages but just recently I’ve been kicking myself for spending with them again. Going out has become so that the supermarket is my lone shopping experience, sometimes even just click & collect. Been pretty much isolating since March, health problems. I just get so fed up.

don’t beat yourself up Breeze.. your therapy is fine as long as you know where you are at ... lol it’s a difficult time but a little shopping can make life more bearable ... self care... it’s a long time to be isolating ... hope you have plenty of human support?

Must admit I`ve been seeking solace in doing my Christmas shopping. My middle son loves cooking and loves any kind of kitchen gadget. He and his partner are both in their early 40`s, they don`t have kids and are both keen on cooking from scratch.
Consequently each Christmas I think of a foodie theme and buy them stuff or gadgets which fits into the theme. Last year it was gin (which they both love) and they got a gin decanter, balloon gin glasses, infusion kit and infusion recipe books plus of course some speciality gin.
The year before it was a theme which fitted into his love of cooking Oriental food so it was a bamboo steamer and a teppanyaki grill.
Another time it was a champagne bucket, ice maker and flutes plus a bottle of champers.
One year it was a popcorn maker and an ice cream maker to fit into their love of movie nights and this year it`s all about cheese which he spends a fortune on. A fancy cheeseboard with a hidden drawer filled with the relevant knives, a set of porcelain relish dishes to serve up appropriate pickles and relishes and a matching Camembert baking dish for melting soft cheese for dipping plus some vintage port.
It`s always a joint gift to them both and I know every item is used and enjoyed.

Must admit I`ve been seeking solace in doing my Christmas shopping. My middle son loves cooking and loves any kind of kitchen gadget. He and his partner are both in their early 40`s, they don`t have kids and are both keen on cooking from scratch.
Consequently each Christmas I think of a foodie theme and buy them stuff or gadgets which fits into the theme. Last year it was gin (which they both love) and they got a gin decanter, balloon gin glasses, infusion kit and infusion recipe books plus of course some speciality gin.
The year before it was a theme which fitted into his love of cooking Oriental food so it was a bamboo steamer and a teppanyaki grill.
Another time it was a champagne bucket, ice maker and flutes plus a bottle of champers.
One year it was a popcorn maker and an ice cream maker to fit into their love of movie nights and this year it`s all about cheese which he spends a fortune on. A fancy cheeseboard with a hidden drawer filled with the relevant knives, a set of porcelain relish dishes to serve up appropriate pickles and relishes and a matching Camembert baking dish for melting soft cheese for dipping plus some vintage port.
It`s always a joint gift to them both and I know every item is used and enjoyed.
What beautiful gift ideas.

Latest posts

Back