Todays Top Tech TSV 18/05/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HP 15.6" Intel Core i3, 8gb Ram, 128gb HDD Chromebook TSV 18/05/24
That URL doesn't work now?

I've had an Acer chromebook for a few years and really like it as it's so quick and easy. I only use it for browsing, emails, youtube etc and the odd spreadsheet or letter. I prefer something bigger to a tablet with a proper keyboard so it's perfect for me.
What's the main differences between an Android tablet and a Chromebook?

I have an RCA Android tablet with a detachable keyboard and can use it in tablet or laptop mode. Android is by Google and it behaves like my Android phones.

A Chromebook, uses ChromeOS, also by Google and I don't know how different it is to Android UI or internally. Android is a modified Linux, dunno if ChromeOS has same heritage. Possibly more stable and aimed at laptop multitasking programmes and processes more than android mainly single threaded foreground/background tasks, with some concurrent 2 program capability in later android versions. Assume it doesn't have the mobile phone touch/pull down menu bars in Android as it's designed for laptop/keyboard use. Chromium browser may also be different to the Chrome browser.

Are some Chromebooks touch screen capable also, or more like non touch laptops.

I've had an Acer chromebook for a few years and really like it as it's so quick and easy. I only use it for browsing, emails, youtube etc and the odd spreadsheet or letter. I prefer something bigger to a tablet with a proper keyboard so it's perfect for me.
@misiuszka
What spreadsheet program do you use on your Chromebook, as it can't run Excel for windows?! Is it OpenOffice?

HP Chromebook PLUS 15.6" Intel Core i3 N305 8GB RAM 128GB SSD
Item Number: 739679
QVC Price £449.96
Todays Special Value Price £299.96
P&P £9.95

Take your digital world to the next level with the HP Chromebook Plus. This sleek full-HD laptop combines a 15.6" diagonal screen with an Intel Core i3 Processor, plus fast memory, ample storage and up to 13 hours battery life. Stay productive with the full-size keyboard and numpad, while built-in virus protection, fast bootups and the latest Wi-Fi technology offers security and fast performance. Ideal for both work and play, you can also enjoy access to a plethora of apps via the Google Play Store, making it a versatile choice for any user.
*A great saving: If you were to buy the HP Chromebook PLUS 15.6 Intel Core i3 N305 8GB RAM 128GB SSD, directly from HP.com you'd pay £449. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £299.96 plus P&P, you're saving £139.09.
User-friendly - whether you are tech savvy or a novice, the Chromebook Plus is an excellent option for anyone seeking a simple, fast and secure computing solution.
Unmissable perks - not only do you get to enjoy having a new laptop with the Chromebook Plus, but you also get access to a range of additional perks. This includes three months of Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Express Premium and YouTube Premium, plus Google One with 100GB of cloud storage for 12 months - all with no additional costs. See https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chromebook/perks/ for T&C's and more information.
Incredible battery life - stay on top of your daily tasks and activities throughout the day without recharging your laptop with up to 13 hours of battery life.
HP True Vision HD camera - featuring a 1080p webcam, experience vibrant clarity on every video call, even in low light.
Privacy matters - ensure a private and secure experience thanks to the physical shutter that will turn off your Chromebook's camera when not in use.
  • Operating system: ChromeOS
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 N305
  • Display: 39.6cm (15.6")
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Storage: 128GB
  • Weight: 173kg
  • Laptop dimensions (w x d x h): 36.26cm x 24.15cm x 1.98cm (14.2" x 9.5" x 0.7")
Contains:
  • 1 x laptop
  • 1 x AC adapter
  • 1 x power cord
All measurements are approximate

@misiuszka
What spreadsheet program do you use on your Chromebook, as it can't run Excel for windows?! Is it OpenOffice?
Google sheets

That URL doesn't work now?

What's the main differences between an Android tablet and a Chromebook?

I have an RCA Android tablet with a detachable keyboard and can use it in tablet or laptop mode. Android is by Google and it behaves like my Android phones.

A Chromebook, uses ChromeOS, also by Google and I don't know how different it is to Android UI or internally. Android is a modified Linux, dunno if ChromeOS has same heritage. Possibly more stable and aimed at laptop multitasking programmes and processes more than android mainly single threaded foreground/background tasks, with some concurrent 2 program capability in later android versions. Assume it doesn't have the mobile phone touch/pull down menu bars in Android as it's designed for laptop/keyboard use. Chromium browser may also be different to the Chrome browser.

Are some Chromebooks touch screen capable also, or more like non touch laptops.
Sorry I don't know the answers other than mine has a bigger screen than a tablet. It can be folded over to look likea tablet and has a touch screen but I don't use it like that.

Latest posts

Back