Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For clarity none of my posts will probably make much sense
I’m possibly currently in la la land.
Lots of what’s in my head right now is past history
I’ve just sent my 17 year old dog over the rainbow bridge which i knew would happen soon and I thought I was prepared for has hit me harder than expected. She wasn’t my dog, she tolerated me but she was at heart my husband

try reading Asimov and get really scared. Then there is simple stuff like watching Star Trek way back and thinking no way would someone be able to connect to a device miles away without a wire
I’m so sorry

For clarity none of my posts will probably make much sense
I’m possibly currently in la la land.
Lots of what’s in my head right now is past history
I’ve just sent my 17 year old dog over the rainbow bridge which i knew would happen soon and I thought I was prepared for has hit me harder than expected. She wasn’t my dog, she tolerated me but she was at heart my husband

try reading Asimov and get really scared. Then there is simple stuff like watching Star Trek way back and thinking no way would someone be able to connect to a device miles away without a wire
I'm sorry to hear that, the loss of a pet can be devastating.

ST:V is on Freeview at the moment.

I've read most of Asimov, lots of other SF, but don't like fantasy.
@stratobuddy Have been watching some of those Voyager episodes on Sky Mix. It brought back memories of being loaned VHS tapes of the episodes to watch, as we didn't have Sky that it was on originally.

Never gelled when first started watching it, Kim, Tuvok, Janeway all seemed stiff and not a team, but once we got into it and they loosened up and Seven was introduced, it became good!

Last edited:
Is the speech recognition and voice synthesis for Alexa done in the device or in the cloud?
I believe it's all done in the Cloud. That's why it's possible, the remote computing power available far exceeds the capability of any local device. The box may have some limited cache capability to speed things up to build a profile of local speech patterns, or regular phrases/use. If you turn off internet on your phone, for example, google speech voice recognition cannot work.

ops morning all I’m feeling slightly red faced this morning
Just reread my post about Charlie passing
I didn’t mean to say she was my husband. I ment she was my husbands dog.
It’s been 7 years since he passed and two things never changed
Even though my husband couldn’t sit down anywhere without her immediately jumping up and sitting on his knee she refused to sit on mine. When he called her she would immediately run to his side, if I called her she would stop and look at me and I swear I could see her thinking yeah alright I heard you I’m busy right now I’ll come when I’m good and ready

Don’t worry IW3🤣
IW4 and IW5 are right behind you,three buses 🚌 battling to stop at one bus stop.
A failing market 🤣🤣🤣 someone will lose their money eventually 😢
IW3, SOTV and SETV all seem to be selling the same products and the first two share some presenters.

What is the point of this duplication? Does it make any commercial sense?

Plenty of choice but all the same.

Alex Knowles said on the other thread last night, There is only so many presenters and guests who will work in shopping TV, Due to Crazy Shifts, and as a Guest you might not be needed for months

He also said everybody knows everybody in Shopping TV, and Simon lles has said Guests on Seen on TV are free to go on other channels and sell the products

I do recall snow in Derbyshire at the start of the cricket season.

Funnily enough it was the year of the heatwave 1976.

Wouldn't the two Peters love a summer like that?
I can confirm that we were on holiday in West Yorkshire in June 1976 when it snowed heavily. Weather in this country can be bonkers.

IW3, SOTV and SETV all seem to be selling the same products and the first two share some presenters.

What is the point of this duplication? Does it make any commercial sense?

Plenty of choice but all the same.
@Alex Knowles Yes. Earlier Alex said something new and different. What's new and different about SeenonTV?
A new channel. Some new products but many the same.

P.S. I thought Minky was a whale!

ops morning all I’m feeling slightly red faced this morning
Just reread my post about Charlie passing
I didn’t mean to say she was my husband. I ment she was my husbands dog.
It’s been 7 years since he passed and two things never changed
Even though my husband couldn’t sit down anywhere without her immediately jumping up and sitting on his knee she refused to sit on mine. When he called her she would immediately run to his side, if I called her she would stop and look at me and I swear I could see her thinking yeah alright I heard you I’m busy right now I’ll come when I’m good and ready
Don't worry, it was clear you were referring to your dog and not your husband. And they have their funny little ways!

I can confirm that we were on holiday in West Yorkshire in June 1976 when it snowed heavily. Weather in this country can be bonkers.
Just as I went out of my flat on Saturday afternoon a monsoon started! Not good as I was going out and wearing white linen trousers. It was pretty cold all afternoon and there were more hailstones a few hours later.

Then today as I've got the day off work went to Kew Gardens where I strolled in the very warm sunshine with no jacket on. As you say bonkers! (But I wasn't complaining about the weather today)

Latest posts

Back