Who buys this stuff??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought an Osprey leather make up bag in a sale many years ago. I use it as an evening bag. It wasn’t overly expensive but no way would I use it as a makeup bag. Well I do put a lipstick in it when I go out.

My actual make up bag came from Amazon 4 years ago. It cost me £12, not leather but you can wipe it down. It’s more like the Tili vanity case.
I was in TKMaxx and bought a leather Osprey makeup bag for 12 quid! excellent as a clutch bag. I bought it for my Xmas present box - I like to plan ahead, and buy when I see stuff through the year

I just cannot understand these sheep who buy stuff because of the personality it makes no sense. It’s kind of like they have this item and feel somehow connected to her because of it - weird in my opinion.

Ultrasun is being advertised on mainstream tv now with QVC being linked to it - Cleeve is getting desoerado

I’ve never bought anything from anywhere that’s been endorsed by a “celebrity.” Nor have I ever bought any designer goods.

I'll admit to buying the odd fake designer handbag.
I’ve never even bought one of those either.

The only designer outfit I’ve had was one that mum bought me as I was asked to sing at a friend’s wedding in church in front of 150 guests. I have only worn it that one time but still have it in the wardrobe. Knowing the price, I would have felt guilty giving it away or selling it. I kept telling her that I was happy to wear something I already had but she insisted and you know what mums are like. 😉
I guess if I ever got married again then I have a lovely ivory outfit ready and waiting for me but we’re happy as we are.

I'll admit to buying the odd fake designer handbag.
I've never bought a designer bag or anything for that matter, I've never really been tempted to buy the fakes either only because for me anyway, the people who know me would guess it was a fake, and as for people I don't know - I don't give a stuff what they think. I would imagine one would get a buzz knowing you're carrying or wearing the real McCoy, I'd sooner spend my money on a quality unbranded garment or bag. Having said that I did buy myself a weekend bag from a car boot sale. I spotted it from a distance and thought it looked quite classy and when I got up close I saw it was a fake Louis Vuitton. I picked it up and examined it and it looked really well made and it was exactly what I needed. The stall holder only wanted a tenner for it so I bought it and it lasted me for years. I'm sure (well I'd hope) if it was the genuine article it would still be in good condition now - but hey it was only a tenner!

I've never bought a designer bag or anything for that matter, I've never really been tempted to buy the fakes either only because for me anyway, the people who know me would guess it was a fake, and as for people I don't know - I don't give a stuff what they think. I would imagine one would get a buzz knowing you're carrying or wearing the real McCoy, I'd sooner spend my money on a quality unbranded garment or bag. Having said that I did buy myself a weekend bag from a car boot sale. I spotted it from a distance and thought it looked quite classy and when I got up close I saw it was a fake Louis Vuitton. I picked it up and examined it and it looked really well made and it was exactly what I needed. The stall holder only wanted a tenner for it so I bought it and it lasted me for years. I'm sure (well I'd hope) if it was the genuine article it would still be in good condition now - but hey it was only a tenner!
I got a Michael Kors bag in Spain or the Canaries,don't remember which and a Luis Vuiton bag for £1. Now I'm not sure if the Luis Vuiton was a fake or not,it looked very like the photo of an original one. It went to the charity shop after many years and it still looked like new.

I got a Michael Kors bag in Spain or the Canaries,don't remember which and a Luis Vuiton bag for £1. Now I'm not sure if the Luis Vuiton was a fake or not,it looked very like the photo of an original one. It went to the charity shop after many years and it still looked like new.
Some fakes are very good, but I'm not quite convinced about the Rolex watches sold on the beach in Tenerife for 10 Euros. You can haggle if that's outside your budget!

Some fakes are very good, but I'm not quite convinced about the Rolex watches sold on the beach in Tenerife for 10 Euros. You can haggle if that's outside your budget!
Think the real Rolex looks ugly. We were in Italy once and a man who was at the same hotel as us was showing us the Rolex he had bought on the beach. Now this had a sweep hand and hubby said if it was a fake it looked really good for a Rolex,he likes Skagen or Rado watches,doesn't like the chunky watches.

She's calling her denim jacket that's selling now at £25 the "three minute jacket" because on one airing it sold out in three minutes. No, Ruth, you can't compare that to the Denim & Co jacket that's sold thousands and that has thousands of high reviews. I was surprised to know that A Dawson owns 15 of them and D Flint has one in each colour. I wonder if they own one of Ruth's. I must say, however, that my M&S denim jacket is very heavy and cumbersome, plus it's a nasty green colour. I bought it at a ridiculously low price and I think I'll donate it. I'm not going to replace it.

If I couldn’t afford the real thing which would be vastly out of my price range then I do without.Buying fakes funds all sorts of illegal activities some we probably would never dream of, that is the reason I never go near them.I have a friend that has a wardrobe full of Gucci & the like, all fakes, that is her choice.

She's calling her denim jacket that's selling now at £25 the "three minute jacket" because on one airing it sold out in three minutes. No, Ruth, you can't compare that to the Denim & Co jacket that's sold thousands and that has thousands of high reviews. I was surprised to know that A Dawson owns 15 of them and D Flint has one in each colour. I wonder if they own one of Ruth's. I must say, however, that my M&S denim jacket is very heavy and cumbersome, plus it's a nasty green colour. I bought it at a ridiculously low price and I think I'll donate it. I'm not going to replace it.
I heard that when I watched the first hour before I switched over to Corrie, and when I saw Jackie wearing a mint green jacket I thought it was the D & co one for a second but realised that it couldn't be, then Ruth started going on about her "3 minute jacket" and all I could think is yeah love, I bet you're spitting chips that the denim and co one isn't one of yours!!! I wonder if I was the only one who said "f^%k off out loud when she mentioned the price of her trainers, or urrrgh when she showed those hideous acrylic skirts she was trying to flog! Didn't think her hair looked quite so "helmety" last night!

Nice dontcha think?
1718823182257.png
If you're quick you can get it for £40 & postage then it goes up to £50. Seriously I think my nan would've baulked at that!

Latest posts

Back