TSV Electric Yankee Tart Burner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

daydreamer

Registered Shopper
Wondered if any of you other buyers of this item have a problem in removing the old wax? It is a devil to get out :mysmilie_81: I have to run my nail around the solid wax before freezing it, even then it is not the easiest to remove am worried one day I will break the bowl, the old style bowls are simple, the wax falls out before it leaves the freezer :mysmilie_696:, would have thought with the high shine on the rose bowl one it would have been a doddle. Or is it just mine?

daydreamer

Yes and no, it most certainly isn't loose once you take it out of the freezer, and I usually have to carefully loosen the wax with a butter knife around the edges, and it does worry me I'm going to scratch the ceramic, however my biggest problem is that once it's loose, it literally shoots out and the knife only just misses me....my biggest worry, even with a butter knife is that I'm going to hurt myself! There's no way, it just pops out...no way!

Also was a bit disappointed with the product, and in hindsight should have sent it back, I've found that it's only the really strong fragrances that you can smell, but the more delicate ones you practically have to stand right over it to get the benefit! I think the cable makes the unit quite hideous, and is very restrictive, and because I was sent an "afternote" by
QVC saying that the automatic switch off mechanism was a myth, I'm now paranoid about forgetting to pull the plug out at night.Tbh, I wish I'd saved a bit of money and bought a tart burner that you just put tealights in.

Last edited:
Removing the tarts from either the electric or candle tart burner is always a bit of a faff for me as I also end up wielding a butter knife to get at the tarts. I wish Yankee would come up with something that you could spray on the tarts to break down the wax and get them to slide out.

I have never had a problem getting wax out, as I heat it up for a while, and then it just slides out. then I clean around with kitchen paper. hope this helps.

Yes and no, it most certainly isn't loose once you take it out of the freezer, and I usually have to carefully loosen the wax with a butter knife around the edges, and it does worry me I'm going to scratch the ceramic, however my biggest problem is that once it's loose, it literally shoots out and the knife only just misses me....my biggest worry, even with a butter knife is that I'm going to hurt myself! There's no way, it just pops out...no way!

Also was a bit disappointed with the product, and in hindsight should have sent it back, I've found that it's only the really strong fragrances that you can smell, but the more delicate ones you practically have to stand right over it to get the benefit! I think the cable makes the unit quite hideous, and is very restrictive, and because I was sent an "afternote" by
QVC saying that the automatic switch off mechanism was a myth, I'm now paranoid about forgetting to pull the plug out at night.Tbh, I wish I'd saved a bit of money and bought a tart burner that you just put tealights in.

Hi merryone can you not send it back under the extended Christmas MBG? Hope you can or as I suggested in the post above try using the silicon cake cases :)

The silicon cases are indeed fab but if you don't happen to have any handy,the normal paper cases are very good.
Of course,they don't last anywhere near as long but you can double them up for strength & they work fine.

I get the cake cases from dunhelm mill,only £2. They really are ideal in the tart burners. I never fancied the electric yankee burners as the normal electric plug ins have never smelled very strong to me,whereas the ones with the tealight fill all of my downstairs with fragrance so quickly.

I like my burner but Have come to the conclusion now to steer clear of yankeee candles and use my lovely Darls tarts up then order more from her, the yankee ones are overpowering then the smell disappears very quick, where as Darls are more consistant if you get my drift.

I like my burner but Have come to the conclusion now to steer clear of yankeee candles and use my lovely Darls tarts up then order more from her, the yankee ones are overpowering then the smell disappears very quick, where as Darls are more consistant if you get my drift.

I agree, the Yankee tarts lose their scent very quickly but Darlene's tarts last for ages. Not buying Yankee anymore.

I agree, the Yankee tarts lose their scent very quickly but Darlene's tarts last for ages. Not buying Yankee anymore.

Hello, just reading this post and would love to know where I can get these Darlene's tarts? I have not heard of those before.

Many thanks,

Inge :)

You can find Darl's Tart Store in the Outlet section of this forum. There are masses to choose from.

Send it back, then. As QVC made a mistake in stating that it had an automatic shut off after 8 hours, it shouldn't cost you anything to return it.

Will try the cookie holder way..thank you. I left my new one on last night..:mysmilie_34:, cause it's in the back room, I forgot to go in there, I picked it up this morning and the wax swam round the bowl, but it was not hot, so I just wiped it with a kitchen cloth, it came out beautifully and the little bowl is sparkling.!

I do like the sound of the Darlene tarts, so many to chose from..me feels an order coming along! :mysmilie_17:

daydreamer

Latest posts

Back