Yankee Candle Electric Tart Burner/Warmer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
At the time of purchase there was a lot of posting on here at the fact you couldn't put the burner in the fridge to aid wax removal. And we all discussed lots of alternative options.

Well I have found what (for me!) is the perfect answer. In Wilkinsons they sell a pack of 4 glass LARGE tea light holders, they are £2.50 for all four. They fit brilliantly, and cause they are a few inches tall you can fit a whole sampler in there too, I just cut my samplers in half so as to pull out the wick and then I put both halves in. When finished just pop the large tea light holder into the fridge and then voila out the wax pops in one piece.

I will buy another set of these next time I am in there so that I have a few spares.

One thing I would ask everyone given this opportunity - having now got used to the electric tart burners do you find the scents aren't anywhere near as strong as when using the previous ones with a lit tea light underneath. I do all the time whatever fragrance, but cause its Summer I'm having my windows open a lot, so it may just be the added fresh air flow.

Thanks for the tip about Wilkinsons, i will certainly give that a try. I agree that the tarts do not appear to smell so strong when they are burnt in an electric burner compared to being melted with a tea light,and i think that applies whether your window are open or not,not sure exactly why, perhaps the wax just gets a lot hotter more quickly and makes the smell more intense, I do like the electric burner though as it seems much "cleaner" and safer.

They still blow my head off if I use more than a quarter of a tart for longer than 20 minutes. Maybe I have a sensitive nose.

Jude xx

I'm the same as Jude, I use a quarter at a time, but I have found the niff seems to fade quicker with this one than the other ones I have. Maybe it is because it gets hotter.

I tried the glass holders and they worked well, but a case from a pack of 12 large foil mince pie cases really do the trick! I've re-used several times by freezing and popping the used tart out, too. Must admit, the glass ones are much easier if you want to change when they're warm, though (unless you only half-fill the foil ones).

I've used different colour felt markers to dot the rims of the foil ones with the fragrances so I know which is which when I swap.

alter ego that sounds genius !!

Foil mince pie container appeals to me and I don't think the silver will look out of place - though they might be flimsy when the tart is fully melted - I like the idea of popping them into the freezer.

Spooky do you find the samplers take a lot longer to melt than the tarts? I have never thought about using them on the electric tart burner - imagined that they would take forever compaired to the tarts. But I'll give it a go !

alter ego

Can you explain what you mean by " a case from a pack of 12 large foil mince pie cases really do the trick!"

Do you mean one of the little foil containers and if so do you mean the shallow ones or the deep Mr Kipling type?

Why does it have to be from a 12 pack?

Do they have to go in the fridge? Won't they just solidify anyway if you leave them alone to set?

I know I sound like a novice but I just burn my wax tarts until they disappear.

alter ego

Can you explain what you mean by " a case from a pack of 12 large foil mince pie cases really do the trick!"

Do you mean one of the little foil containers and if so do you mean the shallow ones or the deep Mr Kipling type?

Why does it have to be from a 12 pack?

Do they have to go in the fridge? Won't they just solidify anyway if you leave them alone to set?

I know I sound like a novice but I just burn my wax tarts until they disappear.

I think that the idea is to put the tart into a case whether it is a glass jar from Wilkinson or a mince pie tin or I use silicon cake cases for the same purpose.
You then put the case onto the burner and burn as normal.
This is useful if you want to swap and change between fragrances. As you can remove the wax once it had cooled down I don't move it while it is still liquid as I am afraid of getting hot wax all over me, the floor and the dog.
I have never burned a tart until it disappeared how long does it take?

I don't think tarts do burn away as wax can't evaporate. "inatizzy" I cut the samplers in half to start with so as lift the wick out and then I snap or cut them in half again, so I put all four pieces in together. With the Wilkinsons large tealight holders being as wide as the burner it means that maximum heat goes across the base so they melt down just as quick as a tart and being glass they take the heat brilliantly.

Can anyone answer this though, yesterday I ordered the stemmed glass votive holders from QVC 701019 to go on a fireplace and for the wax removal of from these Michaela said to put a few drops of water in their bases and then put the votive on top and then the water makes a seal so the wax doesn't stick. After Michaela's ridiculous comments on the electric tart burner about just pouring the hot melted wax into a rubbish bin I tend to know take her comments now with a huge pinch of salt, but wouldn't the water just mix in with the melted wax or failing that evaporate through the heat? Anybody else got these and what do you do, I'm envisaging just putting them in the fridge.

never thught to put samplers in my electric tart burner so thanks for that tip. When all the fragrance has gone from a tart I use the blade of a knife dipped in boiling water and slide it under the cooled and solidified tart to remove it, works a treat. I really love the electric tart burner as I can just switch it on and not be a bit worried about flames. This product is a throw back to the glory days of Q when you could get things from them that were not available elsewhere and I am very pleased with it

never thught to put samplers in my electric tart burner so thanks for that tip. When all the fragrance has gone from a tart I use the blade of a knife dipped in boiling water and slide it under the cooled and solidified tart to remove it, works a treat. I really love the electric tart burner as I can just switch it on and not be a bit worried about flames. This product is a throw back to the glory days of Q when you could get things from them that were not available elsewhere and I am very pleased with it

If you are not using a container be careful though with samplers, I only use a whole sampler as I put it in the Wilkinson large tealight holder as its a good size. I think if you use a sampler straight into the burner there may be too much wax for the depth of the top, you could cut one in half though and get two goes out of it :eek:) its also more economical as samplers aren't that much more than a tart and if you do cut it in half you get two goes :eek:))

Hi Spooky I imagine that the water must not be able to evaporate because it is under the wax and the votives are designed to stop burning before they are completely consumed - something like 1/4 inch from the bottom

@ Gem Genie - I wonder if you are talking about votives which have wicks that you light. The wax tarts do not have wicks and just melt and release their fragrance.

If you're using foil cases, why not leave the solidified wax in them, a different case for each tart, as they don't cost much?

And you could also label the bottoms with the fragrances with a marker pen.

Latest posts

Back