Underwear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alisonwt

Registered Shopper
Did anyone catch any of the underwear edit? Not sure when it was on originally but I caught some of the repeat on style this morning. Not one of the bras I saw fit the model properly. On each one there were huge creases along the sides. How can this possibly be the best way to sell something. If one can't get a proper fit on a person standing there, how on earth is someone sitting at home supposed to get a correctly fitting item? The did insist on comparing one to the original cross your heart bra because the front kind of crossed over. Unfortunately it was nothing like. I'd love to go and be a dresser for Q and actually put people in things that fit and/or suited them. It would be such a refreshing change

Seriously I gave up buying "normal" bras since I discovered aah bras. Ok I'm not large around the bust but I find them comfortable and supportive and absolutely perfect for me. Ok, they're not the most attractive garment in the world but they come in a multitude of colours, and some have lace trims. I don't know how good they'd be for someone with a fuller bust but I'd definitely say give one a try!

https://www.booborbust.com/ are an excellent website that shows you how to measure yourself properly. Some Bravissimo shops use this method. M&S as Donna says are way out with their measuring system.
Interesting site. Mr MA has just asked why I was so long in the bathroom…..🙂
I came out as starting size of 38GG. I actually wear a 38H, so looks like I’m doing something right.

Every woman should be properly fitted for her bra! So many women just guess their size and usually way off.

Marks and Spencer are rubbish at measuring for bras. A friend went came home with two new bras and showed me wearing one. I said that is too big, a large gap in the cup. Bramissio sp are brilliant.
Years ago I was measured in M&S and the assistant got one for me to try on, it was so tight under my breasts it seemed to restrict my breathing. I told her this and she asked whether I had a medical condition affecting my lungs! I said no, I just like to be able to breathe clearly.

Tried in John Lewis but wasn't that happy with the size they said. Years later tried M&S again and was successful. She brought 3 to try on and the first one was so perfect I didn't bother trying on the others. I think it was called Supersoft or something like that, they discontinued it but have a Body Soft brand that looks similar. I bought quite a few so haven't needed to buy any new ones for ages.

I'm 56 and before finding this one hated bra shopping, trying to find one that was comfortable and fit me properly.

I went to Boux Avenue in our local shopping centre for a bra as I didn't think I had the correct cup size. I told the young lady I had looked online about measuring and had come up with a different size bra for each site I looked at (??).
She told me measuring was not the way you need to be fitted with a bra. She pulled my straps up and pulled my bra in and I went from a 38D to a 34F. It took a couple of days to get used to it but they fit me so much better.

I went to Boux Avenue in our local shopping centre for a bra as I didn't think I had the correct cup size. I told the young lady I had looked online about measuring and had come up with a different size bra for each site I looked at (??).
She told me measuring was not the way you need to be fitted with a bra. She pulled my straps up and pulled my bra in and I went from a 38D to a 34F. It took a couple of days to get used to it but they fit me so much better.
She obviously had alot of experience and could tell by eye. Most women it seems if measured incorrectly wear too small a cup and too large a back. I went down froma 34 to 32 back and up a few cup sizes. Very few women are a C cup or less!

We had an underwear shop Pretty Woman, the middle-aged SA was brilliant. Asked a few questions and then came to the fitting room with a selection of the right fitting bras. They were expensive brands, they sold, but the quality was there. I was sad when they closed down in the early 00s.

We had an underwear shop Pretty Woman, the middle-aged SA was brilliant. Asked a few questions and then came to the fitting room with a selection of the right fitting bras. They were expensive brands, they sold, but the quality was there. I was sad when they closed down in the early 00s.
It was a young lady that saw to me and after she pulled my bra and straps about said what size I needed and came back with a couple of bras.Both fitted, yes they were expensive but there was a sale on so I paid £32 for one and £15 for the second.

There used to be a shop near where I live that did bra fittings. The lady that did the fitting was like others have mentioned that could just tell by looking at you what size bra you needed. I bought my bras from there for years until unfortunately they close down about 20 years ago.

As I’ve aged my bra size changed but M&S is the only shop relatively close to me that does bra fittings. No point going there though as the biggest non wired bra that they sellis 46GG. No good to me as I’m a 48 or 50DD or think I am.

I really used to get p*ssed off at friends, happily saying, "oh, I get my bras from Primark for £3." Good for you!

I am a 38, but cup size is J. So M&S is out. I buy bravissmo own brand which used to be £32 but now £38.

I really used to get p*ssed off at friends, happily saying, "oh, I get my bras from Primark for £3." Good for you!

I am a 38, but cup size is J. So M&S is out. I buy bravissmo own brand which used to be £32 but now £38.
I buy Glamorize or Triumph bras when on special offer. I’ve found by trial and error that these are the most supportive and comfortable.

I once bought a bra from Primark. I took it back with a bra I'd had a bit,same size, to show them how it was nowhere near the correct size.

I
I once bought a bra from Primark. I took it back with a bra I'd had a bit,same size, to show them how it was nowhere near the correct size.
Find the same issue with their tee-shirts. Very hit and miss on sizing. Have to remember to take a tape measure with me so I don't end up with gym tee's that are too tight.

Latest posts

Back