Update on Ideal World nightmare!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We were left with no other option than to contact the credit card company. They also said the only way to protect further money being taken was to cancel the card & they supplied another. When charge back requested more information their response e-mail stated they were experiencing a increased volumes of claims at present? I wonder just how many are angry unhappy IW shoppers there are.They said that they would reimburse the £150 first payment but as yet it has not shown up on our account. Never having had to do this before it is all distressing not to mention exhausting. It has truly put me of doing any form of distance buying in the future. It must affect other TV companies, the knock on effect. Trust is a two way thing with this form of trading. I just lost trust completely.
Perhaps that is why QVC are selling a past TSV as a "big deal" cheaper than when it was a TSV, and less PP too.

I've seen various other moves that look a bit desparate as well.

We were left with no other option than to contact the credit card company. They also said the only way to protect further money being taken was to cancel the card & they supplied another. When charge back requested more information their response e-mail stated they were experiencing a increased volumes of claims at present? I wonder just how many are angry unhappy IW shoppers there are.They said that they would reimburse the £150 first payment but as yet it has not shown up on our account. Never having had to do this before it is all distressing not to mention exhausting. It has truly put me of doing any form of distance buying in the future. It must affect other TV companies, the knock on effect. Trust is a two way thing with this form of trading. I just lost trust completely.
Hope you get it sorted soon

Don’t worry everyone some of them will be turning up on your tv screen soon,unbelievable but true these people have no idea about morals.
Will be interesting to see if the buying public accepts them back,or because of what has gone on before totally ignores them.

Don’t worry everyone some of them will be turning up on your tv screen soon,unbelievable but true these people have no idea about morals.
Will be interesting to see if the buying public accepts them back,or because of what has gone on before totally ignores them.
I would not trust any one of the me, myself and I gang. I'm done with TV shopping. I't a brutal world thesedays for consumers especialy targetted by questionable TV selling tactics. It has been a bitter pill to swallow.

Hope you get it sorted soon
Thank you, We gave it one last shot on Sunday. E-mailed all 3 protaganists for the umpteenth time. Still only recieved automated reply to e-mails sent. Been expecting a phone call they said would occure last Monday, still nothing to get this rediculouse situation sorted. Mean time they are about to sell on the Craft channel. Unflipping believable!

Shop till I drop - any progress in sorting out matters for you yet?
Hi Duke, update heard nothing as yet, it will be interesting if we get threatened again when and if they attemp to remove more payments. The last phone call expected has not occured as yet. Possably somone read my husbands reply to their threat e-mail saying check IW records you will find this prder cancelled, Stopped at Enfield courier & returned all confirmed. Therfore decist in attempts to remove further payments that you say will incure costs on an order cancelled therfore never recieved. Desist in threats of debt recovery action. All this because they had no intention of delivering a simple e-mail reply. Now why do I ask myself would they do that to a customer who has up untill this vile experiance done buisness with them since 2000 with never an issue before! God knows how many others are going through this nightmare. I also woke up to an E-mail from ProtoCol today anouncing this...

The ‘185 days collagen bundle’ has been created by our in house team of collagen experts combining high strength formulars to give you a highly effective collagen regime at discounted prices.
Join Sally Jacks (Ideal world presenter) and James Greenwell (founder of Proto-col) to talk collagen and why you need to supplement your diet with this ground-breaking range, watch the video below!
LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE
RRP:£277.55 | Offer:£134.55!
1691048758588.png

No way did this happen overnight. The next big sell!!! Needless to say we have unsubscribed from ProtoCol e-mails

Hi Duke, update heard nothing as yet, it will be interesting if we get threatened again when and if they attempt to remove more payments. The last phone call expected has not occurred as yet. Possibly someone read my husbands reply to their threat e-mail saying check IW records you will find this prder cancelled, Stopped at Enfield courier & returned all confirmed. Therefore desist in attempts to remove further payments that you say will incur costs on an order cancelled therefore never received. Desist in threats of debt recovery action. All this because they had no intention of delivering a simple e-mail reply. Now why do I ask myself would they do that to a customer who has up untill this vile experience done business with them since 2000 with never an issue before! God knows how many others are going through this nightmare. I also woke up to an E-mail from ProtoCol today announcing this...

The ‘185 days collagen bundle’ has been created by our in house team of collagen experts combining high strength formulars to give you a highly effective collagen regime at discounted prices.
Join Sally Jacks (Ideal world presenter) and James Greenwell (founder of Proto-col) to talk collagen and why you need to supplement your diet with this ground-breaking range, watch the video below!
LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE
View attachment 26210
No way did this happen overnight. The next big sell!!! Needless to say we have unsubscribed from ProtoCol e-mails

Hi Duke, update heard nothing as yet, it will be interesting if we get threatened again when and if they attemp to remove more payments. The last phone call expected has not occured as yet. Possably somone read my husbands reply to their threat e-mail saying check IW records you will find this prder cancelled, Stopped at Enfield courier & returned all confirmed. Therfore decist in attempts to remove further payments that you say will incure costs on an order cancelled therfore never recieved. Desist in threats of debt recovery action. All this because they had no intention of delivering a simple e-mail reply. Now why do I ask myself would they do that to a customer who has up untill this vile experiance done buisness with them since 2000 with never an issue before! God knows how many others are going through this nightmare. I also woke up to an E-mail from ProtoCol today anouncing this...

LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE
View attachment 26210
Thanks for updating us. What a nightmare.

For what it’s worth… I would avoid telephone contact completely. I would keep all communication in written form. Any letters that I send with stuff like this, I send by signed for delivery, so if the matter escalated I then have both proof of postage and proof of receipt. I would write to the Administrators one more time, sending the letter by that method. I would explain all that you have set out about the logistics or lack of them regarding your order. I would also say that I believe the products were missold, as potential buyers were not given the correct information as to where the goods were generating from, and also no information that the company was in serious trouble, which I think is a key arguable point that could be proved, bearing in mind, they went bust while they were still selling on air. I would end by saying on the basis of the goods being sold, without the correct information applied, any buyer/seller contract is void and cannot be pursued for that reason. I would suggest to them because of that, it is in their interests to end the matter, and not to contact your further, or pursue any related matters against you. As I say, avoid telephone communication, as it creates blurred lines, is stressful, and ultimately, keeping a record of the call - particularly on your side is not easy.

For what it’s worth… I would avoid telephone contact completely. I would keep all communication in written form. Any letters that I send with stuff like this, I send by signed for delivery, so if the matter escalated I then have both proof of postage and proof of receipt. I would write to the Administrators one more time, sending the letter by that method. I would explain all that you have set out about the logistics or lack of them regarding your order. I would also say that I believe the products were missold, as potential buyers were not given the correct information as to where the goods were generating from, and also no information that the company was in serious trouble, which I think is a key arguable point that could be proved, bearing in mind, they went bust while they were still selling on air. I would end by saying on the basis of the goods being sold, without the correct information applied, any buyer/seller contract is void and cannot be pursued for that reason. I would suggest to them because of that, it is in their interests to end the matter, and not to contact your further, or pursue any related matters against you. As I say, avoid telephone communication, as it creates blurred lines, is stressful, and ultimately, keeping a record of the call - particularly on your side is not easy.
They shouldn’t have to though.

I feel our little group on here, need to boycott the new channel, and not buy anything until issues are sorted

LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE
View attachment 26210
Various studies have shown that 'supplements' often have less positive effects than claimed, or in some cases no positive effect whatsoever. I wonder where these pills and potions sit on that scale. Of course they spill their sales bile about folk starting to lose collagen from a relatively early age so the sooner you start taking all this stuff the better.

Modern day snake oil salesmen, that's all they are ...

Thanks Duke once again, this is a plan of action. We will have to take.

I would never buy anything from a company fronted by a former Ideal World presenter or presenters.
Common sense tells you to avoid at all cost,because your just asking for trouble there are lots of people who must be currently out of pocket,after dealing with these people.
Shop Extra watch and enjoy the mess🤣

Various studies have shown that 'supplements' often have less positive effects than claimed, or in some cases no positive effect whatsoever. I wonder where these pills and potions sit on that scale. Of course they spill their sales bile about folk starting to lose collagen from a relatively early age so the sooner you start taking all this stuff the better.

Modern day snake oil salesmen, that's all they are ...
Could not agree more re the snake oil. Anything for a sale. I do not trust any of them nor do I believe they concider anyone interest only to serve themselves. I refuse to be a targeted mark by questionable selling methods after my experiance with IW. I know for a fact that the TV channel he had a TSV with yesturday think the way all of IW customers have been treated appalingly

I would never buy anything from a company fronted by a former Ideal World presenter or presenters.
Common sense tells you to avoid at all cost,because your just asking for trouble there are lots of people who must be currently out of pocket,after dealing with these people.

Yes I agree after this nor would I. I am in no doubt they have no moral compass, but as they say karma is a bitch what goes arround comes arround, as a friend reminded me recently when hearing what has occured. Lesson I learned, do not shop from TV sales ever again.

I would also add in from any company using the "expert guests" as well, they were part of the con as well.

Is there any reason why IW couldnt have entered a closing down sale on the Monday, when administrators were bought in, and done things proper

I see Wilko are looking to call in administrators, there doors arent just suddenly going to shut are they, there will be a closing down sale, So why didn’t IW

Yes sell goods right up to the final day and then bugger off on holiday,not a single thought about the customers waiting for their goods or refunds.
And as for the staff behind the camera and warehouse,would love to know what they really think about these awful tat sellers.
Bouncing Bunny on create and craft hang your head in shame.

Latest posts

Back