Useless Yankee votives! Is it just me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letz-be-avenue

Registered Shopper
Has anyone on here had problems with Yankee votives? The last couple I have tried to burn have lasted only a couple of hours before they seem to collapse on themselves and then just go out, they then are rendered useless as the wick gets drowned by the melted wax, I am not going to buy anymore it seems a total waste of money,will stick to tarts of jars in future.
Shame as I like to try new scents in small sizes before buying any larger ones, l don't rate the tea lights either!

Has anyone on here had problems with Yankee votives? The last couple I have tried to burn have lasted only a couple of hours before they seem to collapse on themselves and then just go out, they then are rendered useless as the wick gets drowned by the melted wax, I am not going to buy anymore it seems a total waste of money,will stick to tarts of jars in future.
Shame as I like to try new scents in small sizes before buying any larger ones, l don't rate the tea lights either!

I have a mixology holder where it holds 3 votives, it allows u to blend ur own fragrance never had any problems with them so far, what kind of holder are u using, i know the snugger the fit the better the burn .

Thanks for tip, I am using the little round ones that Q sell, the plain glass ones. The votives are not from Q though so I can't blame them, perhaps I need to get a different holder, but am a bit fed up with them to be honest x

Thanks for tip, I am using the little round ones that Q sell, the plain glass ones. The votives are not from Q though so I can't blame them, perhaps I need to get a different holder, but am a bit fed up with them to be honest x

Are they the slighly curved holders by any chance?

Yes they are slightly curved, think I will try one of those holders like u suggest, as I have a fair few votives to use and don't want to waste them, thanks for advice x

Yes they are slightly curved, think I will try one of those holders like u suggest, as I have a fair few votives to use and don't want to waste them, thanks for advice x

Those holders have got loads of complaints so it will be them thats causing it, most places have cheap votive holders now, mayb take a votive candle with u and try it in the holders before u buy, also remember to put a few drops of water in the bottom , helps get them back out.Let us know how you get on :) x

Those holders have got loads of complaints so it will be them thats causing it, most places have cheap votive holders now, mayb take a votive candle with u and try it in the holders before u buy, also remember to put a few drops of water in the bottom , helps get them back out.Let us know how you get on :) x

Thanks for your help Autumn. I found a small bucket shaped Yankee votive holder in my stash and have tried that tonight, the votive is burning much better and has not collapsed on itself, I shall not be using the round/curved ones again. Many thanks

Thanks for your help Autumn. I found a small bucket shaped Yankee votive holder in my stash and have tried that tonight, the votive is burning much better and has not collapsed on itself, I shall not be using the round/curved ones again. Many thanks

Thats good then :wave: hope u didnt waste too many votives in ur other holders thou

Latest posts

Back