Viva Las Vegas Gems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Nice to see some real fine jewellery back on QVC and good to see John back with this range. The hot pick ring http://www.qvcuk.com/Viva-Las-Vegas...hire-Ring-9ct-Yellow-Gold.product.608748.html is very pretty but in the morning show the blue stone seemed to over-power the other pastel sapphire stones on my TV. It's the kind of thing that bugs me in jewellery; QVC used to do lots of multi-gemstone pieces with typically peridot, sky blue topaz, citrine....good so far....and then there'd be a garnet which was too strong a colour to blend with the rest. (Love garnets on their own tho)

There also used to be a similar gems range but I can't remember the brand name, it may have been some reference to New York, can anyone let me know? I think the guest was called something like Chuck. I still have a gold Tanzanite ring from that range and still wear it quite often.

I agree Akimbo it's been too long since they had this range. I can't remember the name name of the other range either but that is a very pretty ring with the multi gems it's just the colour range I love. I have to resist as I have more than enough rings now.

Those New York gem shows were fantastic. I bought a gorgeous ruby ring and I wear it all the time as it is so unusual. Must watch this LV show.

The New York range never came back after 9/11. I wondered if something had happened to the guy who came over? He had lovely London Blue Topaz earrings he named for his daughter.

I really like this range and was sad to see it given the heave ho for a while. I have a couple of nice pieces from Viva Las Vegas - which reminds me, I have a yellow sapphire ring that will not fit over my pudgie wudgie finger any more due to my fondness for chocolate. I will have to get it made a size bigger, or I could give up the chocolate - mmmmm now where did I put that chocolate bar?

I find the Manhattan range on Gems is a bit gaudy as well when they do the multi colour stoned pieces. They do another multi colour range as well but again I find that there is usually one colour that eclipses the rest.

Inge x

There used to be another good range called Chic Elegance, came in white jewellery boxes embossed with the name. The guest was a black lady. I bought one or two of those rings as well.
Let's face it, most of the really tempting jewellery has vanished.

Latest posts

Back