WAITLIST - Is there a time limit on this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
I've been after a couple of products for ages now and all it says is "Waitlist". I have even called QVC and I didn't really get told anything concrete, except they could be in 'Sometime' but they had no idea when??

Getting a bit frustrated about this now, as don't understand why they show an item/s for Sale on their Website but you CANNOT actually buy it!!

This has been going on for sometime and just wish they wouldn't advertise it, if you are unable to buy a product! :mysmilie_1:

It's 3 months since you place your waitlist order, and then you get a letter that your order has been cancelled after 90 days unless they get more stock. You can then place your waitlist order again and have another 90 day until it gets cancelled or they get more stock of it, but the item can be on the website and 'waitlist' status indefinitely.
Sometimes you get your order if it's a very popular item and they regularly restock it. I heard that balance n brighten used to be on a waitlist for absolute ages but then it always came back in stock eventually as a popular item.

I think I've only ever ordered three things on waitlist - one got fulfilled and the other two were cancelled. I think on the two cancelled orders, they were still on waitlist on the website for a while and eventually they disappeared.

I have never received a wait list item and don't bother with it now. I only used it (some years ago now) for a few YC items but then I noticed nearly half the stock was on wait list. This included items which they had said would not be repeated, or the previous Christmas stuff when they had brought out new. I think they should only set it up for items they know will be back in stock, which the suppliers should be able to confirm.

The most irritating thing is, as I have read on here, when they get the item back but it is sold onscreen before the wait list is completed. What is that about???

I've ordered lots of things on waitlist but never had a letter or email when it can't be fullfilled by the 90 days.

I got letters that they couldn't fulfil the order and the 90 day period specified in them.

I had one of these letters the other day; it arrived about a week after I'd been sent the item and already returned it!

It is 90 days.....used be 45 days I think but they changed it few years back

Many years ago I went on waitlist for a ring. I received two letters months apart asking if I still wanted the item to ring CS and confirm. I did eventually get the ring took about 6 months or so, then a stone fell out six months after that!!!! I contact CS about another one but they had stopped selling that particular ring.

I've only ordered two things on waitlist. One arrived and one didn't but they let me know that the item wouldn't be available. To be honest, if an item goes onto waitlist now I don't bother to order it, working on the premise that I wasn't meant to have it and don't need it.

Gosh, do they still send the letter! Do they not twatt you now?

In my early Q days when I bought nearly everything on air, I used to think the wait list was genuine but even in those rose coloured glasses days after getting umpteen 90day letters for items which never materialised I realised wait list stock was a myth. Later when it was known that waitlist was always returns I stopped altogether.

Now I only do waitlist when it is advanced orders and that is once in a blue moon

I had a Leighton Denny item once on wait list and it was sent. Had my wait list cancelled for a few items and reinstated one item. I eventually got it by checking every few days to see if the item was in stock and ordering it when it was.

Oh yes, I check every couple of days too and if it's back in stock, phone CS to update my waitlist order. Usually it's a TSV that is sold out and someone's credit card bounces back, then they have one or two back in stock.

QVC go straight to waitlist before they put something as sold out. Some of the people on waitlist will get returns from the people who initially bought it... and some may even get the new stock if enough of the original or advance order people either don't follow through, cancel or return the item.

Generally speaking, these days, I think QVC not selling you something that is perpetually on waitlist is better. If you are waiting ages and suddenly get something that doesn't go to air again, you are probably, unfortunately, getting a return of some description.

I found that thinking I had a chance on waitlist I passed on items which were available only to kick myself when it became apparent that there was never a chance in the first place.

Nowadays it's all immaterial as there is so little I want to buy.

I was on waitlist for something and I saw that it was showing online as back in stock. I called CS to query why I hadn't received it and was told "Oh we probably didn't have enough to clear the waitlist". On pushing for clarification it transpired that if the stock that came in wasn't enough for everybody on the waitlist, sometimes they just put the new stock online for sale and the people on the waitlist carry on waiting. The fact that they could clear some of the waitlist didn't seem to have occurred to them. Yet another example of QVC twisted logic. The moral of this story is that if you're on waitlist keep checking online and if it shows as in stock grab it.

I was on waitlist for something and I saw that it was showing online as back in stock. I called CS to query why I hadn't received it and was told "Oh we probably didn't have enough to clear the waitlist". On pushing for clarification it transpired that if the stock that came in wasn't enough for everybody on the waitlist, sometimes they just put the new stock online for sale and the people on the waitlist carry on waiting. The fact that they could clear some of the waitlist didn't seem to have occurred to them. Yet another example of QVC twisted logic. The moral of this story is that if you're on waitlist keep checking online and if it shows as in stock grab it.

I did mentioned this on the IT Cosmetics thread, everything was on waitlist and people joined. I told them to keep an eye on the products to check when they went live and phone up.

Latest posts

Back