What does this tell you about me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
It seems that 80% of posts are about the female presenters.

But I have an admission to make.

I don't know the names of ANY of them, so the comments are meaningless to me.

However, I think I know the names of all the male ones eg Julian, Charlie, Dale, Micael, Simon, Craig, Richard, even departed ones like Anthony Heywood and Tim Goodwin.

My theory is that the men tended to host the technolgy and DIY shows that I normally watched, although these were often done by the women as well.

The only woman's name I remember was L J Rich, but she was only on the technology shows, and Catherine the "Strict Vacuum Lady" as she was known on another shopping telly forum.

BTW I couldn't use any emoticons, clicking on them did nothing, neither did copy/paste. Help!

It seems that 80% of posts are about the female presenters.

But I have an admission to make.

I don't know the names of ANY of them, so the comments are meaningless to me.

However, I think I know the names of all the male ones eg Julian, Charlie, Dale, Micael, Simon, Craig, Richard, even departed ones like Anthony Heywood and Tim Goodwin.

My theory is that the men tended to host the technolgy and DIY shows that I normally watched, although these were often done by the women as well.

The only woman's name I remember was L J Rich, but she was only on the technology shows, and Catherine the "Strict Vacuum Lady" as she was known on another shopping telly forum.BTW I couldn't use any emoticons, clicking on them did nothing, neither did copy/paste. Help!

there's another? where?

Last edited:
it tells me you like men.

i had problems with the smileys for months - both ie and firefox. then i started having other problems and it happened on various different computers. eventually i had to get graham on the case and having deleted me and reinstated me about 3 times, it finally worked. no idea what the problem was.

and gasp!! how can you cope not knowing who we're bitc........er, talking about??

there's another? where?

It went defunct a few years ago, I can't remember now what it was called.

Catherine was just known as SVL (strict vacuum lady) on that forum as she stood no nonsense from the Q presenters.

In case you've never seen this clip, it is absolutely hilarious, SVL with Charlie (and I was lucky enough to watch this when it went out live, as I always tried to watch SVL).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UY7pWCQxTY

[B
In case you've never seen this clip, it is absolutely hilarious, SVL with Charlie (and I was lucky enough to watch this when it went out live, as I always tried to watch SVL).[/B]

I've had that one bookmarked for ages as it's one of the funniest clips I've seen. It never fails to leave me in hysterics, so I daren't watch it again at the moment or I won't be able to read the posts on this forum. I've found that tears streaming down one's face aren't conducive to accurate typing. :wink:

It went defunct a few years ago, I can't remember now what it was called.

Catherine was just known as SVL (strict vacuum lady) on that forum as she stood no nonsense from the Q presenters.

In case you've never seen this clip, it is absolutely hilarious, SVL with Charlie (and I was lucky enough to watch this when it went out live, as I always tried to watch SVL).

Absolutely hilarious, thank you for the link I hadn't seen it before, how on earth did they manage to get anyone to buy them ? I'm sure Daewoo weren't impressed !

Last edited: