What Happens When QVC Goes HD?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
QVC US have now gone HD and seems its a shock to the viewers. All the beauty programmes especially, every wrinkle shows up, every pore and every mistake by the guests on the models. Foundation not blended properly shows up clearly.

So what do we think AY will do? She freaks out about close ups now just wait until the channel goes HD and you don't even need the close up. Liz Earle and her soft focus lens won't work anymore. Tova as well.

Bring it on I say. :movie:

Hhmm, my interest in getting a new HD TV has suddenly intensified - if only for the pointing & laughing factor at the aforementioned beauty shows! :grin:

I have HD and it's great, best thing ever on a good day, but I don't think qvcuk would really benefit from it at this point :D

I have one, but it's only a little one!!
And I'm not on HD subscription, would I need one for the QVC HD channel?

If they ever did HD then it would be free to air so no subscription, however you would need a HD receiver , either a Sky+HD box or Freesat HD box.

I should've put my 'yuk' thread in here I think . Magnified zits etc

Eeww, thanks for the reminder Logfire - I'd only just about erased that particular unsavoury thought from my mind first time round - now I have to pretend I didn't hear about it all over again! lol

Maybe I won't get an HD TV etc. after all...........! :wonder2:

Oh if only. I wonder could that constitute a verbal agreement?

Oh, absolutely. I'm holding her to it.

Mind you, would be interesting to see those stretchy tops in their fuuuuuuuullll glory.:51:

Honestly? Even my sour mother can see a quantum improvement in the HD channels on sky, the animal channels in particular but also movies.

Oh if only. I wonder could that constitute a verbal agreement?

yes honestly...but i tend not to watch the animal channels and we upsized at the same time so maybe the HD improvement got lost in the general bigness

I have one, but it's only a little one!!
And I'm not on HD subscription, would I need one for the QVC HD channel?

Yes because without an HD subscription you are not receiving HD

I have HD and it's great, best thing ever on a good day, but I don't think qvcuk would really benefit from it at this point :D

I have HD and TBH haven't noticed any difference

Sheila do you have SkyHD because of not then you are not actually seeing a HD picture :?:

Looking at tv's recently DH and I were riveted by 3 large tv sets with HD. One had a DVD playing and the actors "looked really rough" according to DH so I pointed out that it was the HD effect and no makeup will hide what peeps really look like in HD. Even a young very attractive actress's skin looked poor and not smooth as it usually does. I don't think JR looks too good on our new big HD set in that QCut ad, hardly seen her recently otherwise is she still at QVC?

Yes because without an HD subscription you are not receiving HD

Sheila do you have SkyHD because of not then you are not actually seeing a HD picture :?:

yes, actually have sky HD and deliberately choose the HD channels when viewing/recording

AY will be viewed from at least 20 metres away and JR will be screened by a veil!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back