What is the weight that - - - -

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is more snake oil spoken about HiFi than anything else I can think of, just look at any HiFi magazine, such as gold-plated speaker cables for 100s of pounds, a real case of Emperor's clothes.
Apologies Strato, meant to ask you, how are you getting on with your Studio, and is it a keeper? I am still thinking about it, they will have brought out another model before I decide!

Apologies Strato, meant to ask you, how are you getting on with your Studio, and is it a keeper? I am still thinking about it, they will have brought out another model before I decide!
Just been listening to 2 of my test records for bass from Spotify, they sound really good on the Studio, but from my ipad they were very disappointing.

One is "Love's Made a Fool of You" by The Bobby Fuller Four (a Buddy Holly song) as this has a distinctive and very melodic bass line, you should be able to hear every note, not just thumps.

The second is Steeleye Span's "Cam Ye O'er France" and after about a minute this has room-shaking SUSTAINED bass, which is quite unusual.

Despite cancelling the collection with QVC over 2 days ago, Hermes turned up today to collect it.
What a waste of time and what a shambles!

She said she never gets to know about cancelled collections.

Thanks Strato for your informative reply, good to hear you are so pleased with it, I may just give it a go!
Make sure your device will download the latest Echo app.

Let us know what you think when you do. I'm still thinking about buying it.... Or can I wait until July to see what, if any, reduction there is? 🤔
The Echo Studio does not seem to be on offer on Prime day.

It is 1P short of £190. I think the Big Deal was about £139.

Last edited:
The Echo Studio does not seem to be on offer on Prime day.

It is 1P short of £190. I think the Big Deal was about £139.
Hi. Funny you should mention this as it's been on my list of things to look out for on Prime and I was going to ask you how you have got on with yours after having used it a while now (I have only just seen the above so didn't even know whether you had kept it). So far it hasn't appeared as a Prime Day deal, no, so it probably won't at all. To be honest, if it had/does pop up discounted, I could be tempted but I don't really need it. If it had appeared for about what you paid, I would have thought about it but I'm not going to lose sleep if it doesn't. I am pleased you have found yours so good and I know where to come for help if/when I do get one and have any issues!

Stratto....I've got a Brennan JB7 which I bought some years ago and it was pretty expensive. OH didn't want me to buy it as he said I'd be better off waiting for a better model to come out that does more. I didn't listen and of course it doesn't have bluetooth which is mighty annoying..but I have been pleased with it 'cause it means I was able to get shot of hundreds of cds that were cluttering up the place. I've got it attached to a pair of Sony speakers that came with our old Hi -Fi and the sound's brilliant. I know the newer models have bluetooth but I'd love it if it was voice controlled. Other than that I've got a Bose wireless speaker which is pretty damned good..but annoyingly enough the best sound seems to come out of a cheap pair of wired £24.99 JBL headphones I bought so I could listen to stuff on my computer and not disturb anyone else..but not always convenient being plugged into something!

Hi. Funny you should mention this as it's been on my list of things to look out for on Prime and I was going to ask you how you have got on with yours after having used it a while now (I have only just seen the above so didn't even know whether you had kept it). So far it hasn't appeared as a Prime Day deal, no, so it probably won't at all. To be honest, if it had/does pop up discounted, I could be tempted but I don't really need it. If it had appeared for about what you paid, I would have thought about it but I'm not going to lose sleep if it doesn't. I am pleased you have found yours so good and I know where to come for help if/when I do get one and have any issues!
It is good, but not ALL that better than the Echo Plus 2nd gen (if I've got the name right) which I've always been impressed with for its size. I bought one to try, then 2 more for different rooms, mainly as a radio source as it is so easy to just ask for the 100's of internet stations. Now I've got the Studio, I have installed one of my 3 in my OH's house.

Stratto....I've got a Brennan JB7 which I bought some years ago and it was pretty expensive. OH didn't want me to buy it as he said I'd be better off waiting for a better model to come out that does more. I didn't listen and of course it doesn't have bluetooth which is mighty annoying..but I have been pleased with it 'cause it means I was able to get shot of hundreds of cds that were cluttering up the place. I've got it attached to a pair of Sony speakers that came with our old Hi -Fi and the sound's brilliant. I know the newer models have bluetooth but I'd love it if it was voice controlled. Other than that I've got a Bose wireless speaker which is pretty damned good..but annoyingly enough the best sound seems to come out of a cheap pair of wired £24.99 JBL headphones I bought so I could listen to stuff on my computer and not disturb anyone else..but not always convenient being plugged into something!
I had the Brennan JB7 too, but eventually returned it as something drastic went wrong.

I can't remember exactly what, but I think it crashed and lost all my music, which had taken so long to load up (and it didn't find many track names either, so I had to type them in on the front panel, very laborious).

But great when it worked.

Last edited:
I had the Brennan JB7 too, but eventually returned it as something drastic went wrong.

I can't remember exactly what, but I think it crashed and lost all my music, which had taken so long to load up (and it didn't find many track names either, so I had to type them in on the front panel, very laborious).

But great when it worked.
I remember when I bought it you could buy a back up for it but that cost nearly as much as the machine itself so I didn't. I'm sort of glad I've got it, but oh was right, I'd have been better off waiting and thankfully I've not had any disasters with it..but finding tracks with the remote is a bit laborious. I remember when I bought it, it arrived when I was out and the courier just dumped it on the doorstep. I think I paid over £300 for it!

It is good, but not ALL that better than the Echo Plus 2nd gen (if I've got the name right) which I've always been impressed with for its size. I bought one to try, then 2 more for different rooms, mainly as a radio source as it is so easy to just ask for the 100's of internet stations. Now I've got the Studio, I have installed one of my 3 in my OH's house.
I think we both bought that from Q at the same time, didn’t we? Dec 2018? It was my first Echo device and I really love it. Probably my most used QVC purchase. I then bought a few Dots (the model before the latest spherical ones) on Prime Day 2019 when there was a ridiculously good deal on them, and “dotted” them around the house. They obviously don't sound as meaty as the Plus but they are ****** good and great for radio and audiobooks, so I am still impressed. I’d like the Studio at some stage, though.

I bought the Echo Buds today - I’ve been after ear buds anyway and they are a Prime Deal. Most of the reviews I have read rate them quite highly, even at their full price. Some (definitely not all) say the sound is a bit lacking but that’s comparing them to others around the full price or higher and I will rarely use them for music anyway.

I think we both bought that from Q at the same time, didn’t we? Dec 2018? It was my first Echo device and I really love it. Probably my most used QVC purchase. I then bought a few Dots (the model before the latest spherical ones) on Prime Day 2019 when there was a ridiculously good deal on them, and “dotted” them around the house. They obviously don't sound as meaty as the Plus but they are ****** good and great for radio and audiobooks, so I am still impressed. I’d like the Studio at some stage, though.

I bought the Echo Buds today - I’ve been after ear buds anyway and they are a Prime Deal. Most of the reviews I have read rate them quite highly, even at their full price. Some (definitely not all) say the sound is a bit lacking but that’s comparing them to others around the full price or higher and I will rarely use them for music anyway.
I can't remember when I bought the first Echo Plus, but I got the other 2 from Amazon with a special offer smartplug.

My dots are the first generation and the sound is not very good, and I hardly use them now. But I used them mainly to play something on them then Bluetooth it to a better speaker.

I bought the Echo Buds today
I've been reading about them, but no good to me as I don't carry a smartphone around, and most of the time it is switched off (I only got it because I had to have one for logging into bank with a code they text to it)

But I see they will not work with a number of smartphones, so have you checked compatibility with yours, and also the version of IOS or Android?

Latest posts

Back