What is your one "hero product?"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here`s the link just in case anybody is interested but can`t find the website. I`m afraid p and p is around £4.95 but its capped and I usually buy several items at the same time so it works out ok for me.
It`s no more than QVC would charge for much smaller items and its fast delivery.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/aromatherapy/flower-water-hydrolat/lavender-floral-water.html

I don't think anyone minds paying a bit of P&P especially if it is a heavy/awkward item. It is the extortionate charge for each and very item with Q which sticks in everyone. Looking in clearance there are a couple of things I would take a chance on but when you add all the postage there and back it fairly pulls you up. I fact the best way is to put a lot of items on your basket at once and when you see the total postage it hits it home as sometimes when it is one here and there you sort of just suck it up.

I don't think anyone minds paying a bit of P&P especially if it is a heavy/awkward item. It is the extortionate charge for each and very item with Q which sticks in everyone. Looking in clearance there are a couple of things I would take a chance on but when you add all the postage there and back it fairly pulls you up. I fact the best way is to put a lot of items on your basket at once and when you see the total postage it hits it home as sometimes when it is one here and there you sort of just suck it up.

I totally agree LATI. That`s why I rarely ever order from Q. I placed an order with the Naturally Thinking site last week, a litre of lavender hydrolat, 250ml face wash base, 250ml cucumber cleanser base, a large pack of refined shea butter and a jar of their rose/aloe gel and it was £4.95 for the whole lot delivered. QVC can`t compete but sadly I don`t think they even want to try to compete because they know people will pay a small fortune per item.

Sorry for going off topic, but .... Re P&P.
I ordered a couple of bulky items from Argos the other day - an electric heater and a memory foam mattress topper for the spare room, since you ask, and had them delivered the same day for a measly £3.95. Choice of delivery slots available, up to 10pm.
Apparently, this is a fairly new service. I assume Amazon is giving them a run for their money and they've had to up their game.
QVC take note - Quality, Value & Convenience are available for much less money courtesy of the Dreaded High St!!

I'm not loyal to any supermarket, and likewise beauty products. I use Simple eye m/up remover, L'Oreal mascara (blue/gold ), Rimmel 'asia' lipstick.

And cant go anywhere without Neurofen in my bag.

I like the idea of C&P. I keep meaning to try it. I really like Dr Organics roll-on deodorant. It's aluminium free and comes in different variants - tea tree, coconut, aloe vera, sunflower and some other ones I can't remember. I really LOVE the coconut one, followed by aloe, sunflower and tea tree. I wouldn't wear the tea tree one to work as it's a little pungent, but it's nice after gym at the weekend.

Dr Organics has also been my favourite deodorant for years,
Aloe Vera was my constant, love the fresh smell
but now the new Hemp, which is scented with Vetiver and Patchouli
is inveigling its way to be the top dog,
so now i have two faves

i was wondering about the sunflower one you mentioned
had to look it up, the Vit E range has indeed a sunflower on it

Dr Organics has also been my favourite deodorant for years,
Aloe Vera was my constant, love the fresh smell
but now the new Hemp, which is scented with Vetiver and Patchouli
is inveigling its way to be the top dog,
so now i have two faves

i was wondering about the sunflower one you mentioned
had to look it up, the Vit E range has indeed a sunflower on it

Yes, that's right. There is another one, I seem to recall. It's orange. And another one that is red - probably cranberry or something. I'm going in there tomorrow so I will take a look. They do lip balms as well in all the different variants. I like the coconut one and the olive oil one. They are all spf 15.

Hey, I thought of another hero product - THAT soap....

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...m_medium=cpc&gclid=COHFpIfQtMwCFQbgGwodzOwAPg

Last edited:
I like the Dr Organics Licorice lip balm; it's not over-powering.

My hero product would be Purity made simple cleanser - you can wash any part of your body with it and even use it to wash hair.

Great topic Julius .....Liz earl toner ...lasts ages with the spray bottle and ....loccitanne body lotion ..really cannot do without them ..and my Angel perfume ..sudacream ( for acne) ..Kipling, Elemis face wash ..

Yes, that's right. There is another one, I seem to recall. It's orange. And another one that is red - probably cranberry or something. I'm going in there tomorrow so I will take a look. They do lip balms as well in all the different variants. I like the coconut one and the olive oil one. They are all spf 15.

Hey, I thought of another hero product - THAT soap....

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...m_medium=cpc&gclid=COHFpIfQtMwCFQbgGwodzOwAPg

the red one is Pomegranite or Rose Otto
the Dr Organics Ranges are :
Aloe Vera
Morrocan Argan
Virgin Olive
Virgin Coconut
Manuka Honey
Rose Otto
Royal Jelly
Hemp
Lavender
Snail Gel
Tea Tree
Dead Sea Minerals

lots of excellent products
and most of my body and hair plus some face products are from them
my favourite lip one is the Royal Jelly Lip serum
Dead Sea Minerals Bio Plasma Mask is amazing
love the Hemp 2 in. 1 Shampoo and Virgin Coconut one
bodywashes i love the delicious Aloe Vera and the very skin friendly Hemp ones
use the Rose Otto bodywash as a foam bath
Bath oils Argan, Rose Otto and Dead Sea Minerals all very good, also use as Body oils
Virgin Coconut Monoi Melt is lovely, as nice as Elemis, only cheaper plus organic
Body lotion Aloe Vera and Hemp are faves, and the Aloe Vera Body Butter is divine
face oils argan face oil and rose otto are both really nice
i better stop now
i have been waxing lyrical about them for years
also they have good problem solvers ....

the red one is Pomegranite or Rose Otto
the Dr Organics Ranges are :
Aloe Vera
Morrocan Argan
Virgin Olive
Virgin Coconut
Manuka Honey
Rose Otto
Royal Jelly
Hemp
Lavender
Snail Gel
Tea Tree
Dead Sea Minerals

lots of excellent products
and most of my body and hair plus some face products are from them
my favourite lip one is the Royal Jelly Lip serum
Dead Sea Minerals Bio Plasma Mask is amazing
love the Hemp 2 in. 1 Shampoo and Virgin Coconut one
bodywashes i love the delicious Aloe Vera and the very skin friendly Hemp ones
use the Rose Otto bodywash as a foam bath
Bath oils Argan, Rose Otto and Dead Sea Minerals all very good, also use as Body oils
Virgin Coconut Monoi Melt is lovely, as nice as Elemis, only cheaper plus organic
Body lotion Aloe Vera and Hemp are faves, and the Aloe Vera Body Butter is divine
face oils argan face oil and rose otto are both really nice
i better stop now
i have been waxing lyrical about them for years
also they have good problem solvers ....

They are excellent, aren't they. I tried the argan eye cream (I have to use an eye cream as I go swimming a lot) and it was excellent.

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's hero products.

I'm not loyal to any supermarket, and likewise beauty products. I use Simple eye m/up remover, L'Oreal mascara (blue/gold ), Rimmel 'asia' lipstick.

And cant go anywhere without Neurofen in my bag.

I don't go anywhere without a pharmacy in my bag. Paracetamol for me, Nurofen meltlets for hubby, he can't swallow tablets, plasters, antibacterial gel, tissues.

I don't go anywhere without a pharmacy in my bag. Paracetamol for me, Nurofen meltlets for hubby, he can't swallow tablets, plasters, antibacterial gel, tissues.

A very large proportion of my holiday baggage allowance is taken up with this type of thing as I have to be very careful with products and can only use brands I know won't cause problems.

Oh to be the type of person who can use any old thing available at the airport or hotel freebies.

If we're talking about what goes everywhere in our handbags then it's sheets if kitchen roll, plastic bags, wet wipes & dog biscuits :mysmilie_48:

L'Occitanne Extra Gentle soap, expensive I think it has just gone up to £5 per bar but it lasts ages.Q used to sell it in packs but haven't had it for ages.I got the last lot abroad when it was the same price in Euro as £ (slight saving these days)

probably ABC skin wash, its something my whole family uses everyday

Yes the ABC wash is the only skincare product I buy from Q so I suppose I could say its my QVC hero product.
The only other Q item I regularly use is the Mally original mascara but I buy it as I need it off Ebay or if someone has it in a tsv and wants to sell it on.
Everything else I buy or use ( beauty wise ) is either from the DHS or other websites.

I've stopped buying any skincare from Q & buy from Boots instead, three for twos, coupons & points, sometimes it almost feels like they're paying you to take it away!
When I first shopped with Q, I went through the faze of buying just about every skincare TSV there was, but eventually realised that even the so called prestige brands like Decleor & Elemis didn't necessarily suit my skin. Liz Earle, Judith Williams, I tried them all. Gatineau was a nightmare, burning red itchy rash, thank goodness for 30 day money back.
But I'm still a sucker for most makeup TSVs, B&B & BM foundation are my staples, so I suppose they're my hero Q buys as in the kits they work out cheaper than the high street.

Dior compact powder foundation in beige 30
EL lipstick in Pinkberry
EL double wear mascara
Chanel Mademoiselle perfume

For years I used Imperial Leather Foamburst shower gel in Japanese Spa, but it's now been discontinued. I have 6 left in the cupboard, and hoping it comes back eventually.

Latest posts

Back