Where is all this jade coming from?!?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I think they are trolling us with jadeite now, perhaps QVC have secretly bought them out and are trying to drive traffic over to them instead
It’s working! Enjoyed a gold and a Diamonique show in QVC yesterday. How refreshing to have no one shouting, talking over each other, no tall tales, no comparisons to Bonhams or Boodles and no inflated prices. This is the price, have a look at the piece, little bit of chat. End of.

It is ridiculous - they tell us it is rare and then spend day in, day out flogging it.

(And if the stories about the gem trade propping up the regime in Burma are true, I guess that is Gems' ethics well out of the window)

Caught the Fauxberge Eggs this morning. Lindsay was hyper as usual and Dave was in his element with multiple clocks and multiple drops! They were flying out the doors, obvs. Then why did you have to keep dropping the price, Dave? Couldn’t believe that people were buying 2’s 3’s and 5’s of the things. And as usual the words Heritage and Legacy were over used.

It is ridiculous - they tell us it is rare and then spend day in, day out flogging it.

(And if the stories about the gem trade propping up the regime in Burma are true, I guess that is Gems' ethics well out of the window)
This is the main reason I won’t buy Burmese origin stones anymore. I would like a ruby from there but cannot trust Gemporia to have sourced it ethically. They used to bang on about their ethics as well as the colourful life foundation but I’ve not heard about this for ages.

I notice that the magazine has disappeared, another cost saved. I quite liked the mag, and there was usually a code in it somewhere that lasted quite a while. I suppose it would be a very boring magazine these days, Jade on every page! But now every other weekend we have Hattie and her crew for an EXTRA HOUR Friday Saturday and Sunday, every other week!

Caught the Fauxberge Eggs this morning. Lindsay was hyper as usual and Dave was in his element with multiple clocks and multiple drops! They were flying out the doors, obvs. Then why did you have to keep dropping the price, Dave? Couldn’t believe that people were buying 2’s 3’s and 5’s of the things. And as usual the words Heritage and Legacy were over used.
Mr Po Face appears to be making the prices arbitrarily? The Alexandrite egg was £99.99, Paraiba £149.99, then Montana Sapphire £49.99.... very confusing as to why? None of the eggs have landed the “ this will sell out completely” prediction. Apparently there are 12 in the collection, will watch with anticipation as to what will happen with prices. I wonder what determines the final price.

Stumbled upon the new spring 2023 Magazine issue whilst looking at Caville&Co jewellery. All yours for £2.59. I recall getting one with smiling Toby on the cover for free last summer, incidentally it is also available to purchase😁

Mr Po Face appears to be making the prices arbitrarily? The Alexandrite egg was £99.99, Paraiba £149.99, then Montana Sapphire £49.99.... very confusing as to why? None of the eggs have landed the “ this will sell out completely” prediction. Apparently there are 12 in the collection, will watch with anticipation as to what will happen with prices. I wonder what determines the final price.

Stumbled upon the new spring 2023 Magazine issue whilst looking at Caville&Co jewellery. All yours for £2.59. I recall getting one with smiling Toby on the cover for free last summer, incidentally it is also available to purchase😁
I certainly never bought one!! I’m sure the mag was free, and I’m sure I’ve had quite a few. It was always good to see what was coming up in the future. See previous post, nothing but Jade in the future 🤣🤣🤣

I was hoping that once Mr Jade has provided enough TYPE A priceless jade bangles, necklaces to custodians and their children and grandchildren wearing it in numbers enough to cause serious wrist and neck strains it will be over…nope, they now started talking about selling TYPE C from now on 🧐!

It must be national Dave Troth day today. He's been on for most of the day on either Gemporia or Jewellery Maker.
Surely tomorrow needs to be the National April’s BE FOOLED BY A MONADAVE SMILE Day 😂, …generations to come will abandon Monalisa and will study those amazing tapes of mr Po Face with or without a shirt on…. Invest now😂

Surely tomorrow needs to be the National April’s BE FOOLED BY A MONADAVE SMILE Day 😂, …generations to come will abandon Monalisa and will study those amazing tapes of mr Po Face with or without a shirt on…. Invest now😂

There's a higher chance of the Monalisa taking residence on my living room wall than Dave Troth ever cracking a smile on Gems TV.

This is the main reason I won’t buy Burmese origin stones anymore. I would like a ruby from there but cannot trust Gemporia to have sourced it ethically. They used to bang on about their ethics as well as the colourful life foundation but I’ve not heard about this for ages.
This is so very true I don't think they are bothered anymore about anything actually they have lost their way big time. It was one of things I liked about gems their moral ethics and charity work what happened?

I certainly never bought one!! I’m sure the mag was free, and I’m sure I’ve had quite a few. It was always good to see what was coming up in the future. See previous post, nothing but Jade in the future 🤣🤣🤣
Kit10 have you got a Chrystal ball to look into ….the new Egg is filled with a precious nugget of …JADE? Poor Carl Fabrege if only he knew what to use in is creations!

This is so very true I don't think they are bothered anymore about anything actually they have lost their way big time. It was one of things I liked about gems their moral ethics and charity work what happened?

Mozambique is also a very bad country to source gemstones from.

Although Gemporia have always spoken proudly about ethics and charity work, giving the impression that they only dealt with the good side of the industry, they always did turn a blind eye to a lot of questionable ethics.

Gemporia have always made it clear that they have only ever bought conflict-free Diamonds - but, as far as I am aware, they have never intentionally said where they obtain their Rubies from.

However, presenters have occasionally let slip that a lot of Rubies (and, Zambian Emeralds I believe), that Gemporia sell are obtained from Gemfields (owned by Fabergé).

If any of you follow Yianni Melas on Instagram, you will know that he's very vocal about exposing companies, politicians and people in the gem industry that that are known for VERY murky ethics, morals and / or corruption. He's exposed corrupt politicians, he's exposed huge mining companies for the torture, rape and killing of artisanal miners, he's exposed individuals in the industry that have associations with corrupt politicians, etc.

Yianni refers to one of the mining companies that he regularly exposes as 'Bloodfields'. Guess what mining company he's referring to? Guess which mining company Gemporia presenters have mentioned that they get some of their gemstones from?

He doesn't just give an opinion because he has an axe to grind with them or anything like that - he backs it up with evidence that what he's saying is correct beyond doubt.

Hence why Yianni NEVER discloses where he is in the world when he's on his latest gem sourcing trip. He only discloses where he has been AFTER he's left the country he was in. He knows he has people after him that would kill him if they knew where he was.

If Gemporia were all for good ethics and morals, they wouldn't have been selling cakes and sweets on Lifestyle. The 'Primal' bunch (Nick, Poppy, Annie and Steve himself) were all for telling us how bad cakes, sweets and anything sugary were bad for us and why we shouldn't eat them. Steve has recently set up another business about health / fitness, and he himself says that he wants to help people reverse Diabetes (Type 1?) - yet here's Gemporia happily flogging cakes and sweets when there's money to be made from it.

Oi, Cathy in Cambridge, cakes and sweets are bad for you and you shouldn't eat them, fatty - unless there's money to be made, in which case, multi-buy, Cathy!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back