White coat nonsense

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What like Alison Young.....;)
🎪 I think she wore this tent except it was in blue.

CC

Saying that, I have got a torch that does red, green and blue, as well as white. And not by putting filters in front, it has got 4 LEDs
I did not know my life was so ultimately boring. I need to get into torches obviously 🔦🔦:LOL:

CC

🎪 I think she wore this tent except it was in blue.

CC

I did not know my life was so ultimately boring. I need to get into torches obviously 🔦🔦:LOL:

CC
I'll give you the torch forum link if you like, or even if you don't like ;)

I tested my latest torch last night by shining it into my back garden, it was full of deer, but they didn't seem to mind.

While posting here, I'm also listening to the superb singing of Sarah Lee live, and rolling around with laughter at her off the cuff remarks between songs.

BTW on the torch forum everyone boasts about the lengths of their beams.
Yes, and then they have to replace the batteries . .. . . .:LOL:

I am unbelievably amazed at the people that collect torches. I mean? Eh? WTF? However, I do hoard wool so who am I to talk? 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

CC

Why do certain ambassadors wear their laboratory white coats to appear on Q? They are not in a laboratory so don’t need to be sterile, they don’t wear goggles and rubber gloves as well. The Clinique lady had nail varnish on, is that allowed when developing gloop? It’s nonsense and looks silly and next to AY’s extremely busy, too long sleeves for her jacket, fastened to the neck blouse, well with all this going on I’m afraid the products didn’t get a look in, not that I can use their facial cleaning stuff anyway.
Alison Young wore a white coat for years when QVC started

This is the only reason I became a science teacher !!!
My peers and I just wear formal business wear.
I'm always threatening to turn up in a white coat - Beaker-style :) :)
(1980's Muppet!!!)
The MDs where I live don't wear white coats (usually jeans and a casual top) and neither do the dentists.

In my local hospital you'd be hard pushed to SEE a white coat anywhere ! plenty of billowing theatre gowns, caps and white wellies wafting around the corridors though !!

(as for AY and her long sleeves, it does my head in to see this. It costs around £15 to get them turned up professionally at the wrist, and when I see slebs and politicians on tv or award ceremonies who clearly have plenty of money, but have no idea of dress sense attired with sleeve cuffs hugging their palm, I think "oh do look at yourself in the mirror " )
Ah yes, billowing theatre gowns. Saw one last night at work. Itwas around 3am and one of, let's say, colourful surgeons came blasting out of the prep room doors. Slam! Picks up the phone to sterile supplies and starts screaming about mop heads. He had an emergency operation and had requested 24 mop heads, they had sent him 5. He was fuming! Screams "do you want to get them here in the next 90 seconds, or would you like me to come and get them myself?" Less than a minute later, a very nervous little chap came running down the corridor with a bag of mop heads, priceless! I was just on my way back to my unit after my break, so he was venting to me about these missing mop heads with me agreeing with all he said. In fairness, what were they thinking in CSSD by sending 5 in the first place. I told my colleagues about it, we had a laugh and apparently, this was not his first rant about mop heads! Out of durgery, he is a teddy bear but mess with him and that teddy has big teeth. He is leaving us soon, such a shame as he is a teriffic doctor but Australia called and he and his family are going. So, the NHS loses another one.

I can see why in the 1960s Estee Lauder / Clinique used that marketing strategy, it was genius. Back then, people of my parents generation revered doctors and rarely questioned anything that they said to them. Mum and Dad are still like that now. It could be very annoying when they were being fobbed off or ignored but will not speak up. Luckily, their GP in Ireland is good. When they were in Sweden, they had a very dismissive chap but they were in awe of the sod.

I can see Ruth Langford doing an animal print trimmed lab coat, with maybe a matching stehoscope to go around the neck? How would she pitch it I wonder, perhaps something like this. "This long length, pure cotton shacket screams I am a serious professional, I know I'm better than you but I do have an edgy, fashion forward side to my persona and I like to express myself. Features easy close poppers but looks fab undone billowing out behind you as you fly down the corridor to the telephone, to get your secretary to order your lunch"

I started work in a laboratory wearing a brown lab coat, but that was mainly to protect my clothes from the oily machinery.

I've still got one left somewhere in the depths of Strato Towers from 50 years ago.

I've also got a green lab coat, can't even remember what job that came from.
Just remembered, I've even got a white one, but no idea when and why.

"I can see why in the 1960s Estee Lauder / Clinique used that marketing strategy, it was genius. Back then, people of my parents generation revered doctors and rarely questioned anything that they said to them "

That is so very true ! A white coat magically gives the impression that anyone wearing one knows what they're talking about ! Those were the days when people didn't know how to dress casually, so we'd dress smartly - which meant clean clothes - for doctors appointments, to see a solicitor or the bank manager. I still do tbh, I wouldn't dream of pitching up with unwashed hair, no make up, or the togs I wear for dog walking.

Latest posts

Back