Will QVC be celebrating 'Black Friday' this year?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Does QVC put on special offers for this event?

I can imagine the QVC Arsebook Shopperatti in frenzied orgasms and multiple 'selfies' over this (but without the Asda type violence and maiming of the real thing).

I've just looked at Amazon's Black Friday sale which has already started. As usual, it's full of overpricd junk that no-one wants or needs.

Last year they were the only retailer that actually "increased" their prices for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, they took some of the items from last clicks and added a couple of quid on, I kid ye not.

I am sure eventually QVC will get the idea of what a sale is meant to be. For now, when you see the prices, make sure you have a darkened room to go and lie down in to recover from the shock of the ludicrous reductions.

I think it's worth keeping an eye on other retailers for offers for such events as Black Friday. Some are now reporting that it has become a major sales spike - second to Christmas... but a fantastic reduction is only worth it if it's something you actually were going to buy anyway.

I'm in the market for a new laptop, so doing some research now so I can spot a bargain on something I definitely want to buy.

Whenever retailers tell us a price is a saving of X, I just smile. You get an even bigger saving by not buying the item at all...

Q offset the whole sale thing by the presenters saying you only get the cast offs in a high street sale ,often stained or marked . Therefore spend more with them.

They seem to think this gives them the OK to opt out of having a real sale.

Don't think they will ever have what amounts to a real sale.

"Will QVC be celebrating Black Friday this year?"

QVC will be celebrating all right. They'll be celebrating how easy it is to take £ millions off people just by putting a Black Friday Deals banner up, even though the discount is probably only 2%.

I can just imagine all the bin lids on arsebook going into orgasmic rapture what the realise that they can save,,,, wait for it........ a whole £1 off a wonky kim £150 crinkly top, oh the excitement and the pure feeling of joy. Don't you just love the Black Friday deals

I am sure eventually QVC will get the idea of what a sale is meant to be. For now, when you see the prices, make sure you have a darkened room to go and lie down in to recover from the shock of the ludicrous reductions.

I think it's worth keeping an eye on other retailers for offers for such events as Black Friday. Some are now reporting that it has become a major sales spike - second to Christmas... but a fantastic reduction is only worth it if it's something you actually were going to buy anyway.

I'm in the market for a new laptop, so doing some research now so I can spot a bargain on something I definitely want to buy.

Whenever retailers tell us a price is a saving of X, I just smile. You get an even bigger saving by not buying the item at all...

QVC have never been good at reductions I doubt they will start now!

Q offset the whole sale thing by the presenters saying you only get the cast offs in a high street sale ,often stained or marked . Therefore spend more with them.

QVC - the Harrods of cast offs.

That's a bit rich considering the number of complaints they get on their FB page about obviously used items being sent to customers as new!!!

Black Friday????

Does QVC understand the Black Friday concept? Just looked at the App black Friday deals in the Beauty "Deals". Looks like usual prices! One L'Occitane item said " QVC price £44.01, Special Price £44.00!!!!

Does QVC understand the Black Friday concept? Just looked at the App black Friday deals in the Beauty "Deals". Looks like usual prices! One L'Occitane item said " QVC price £44.01, Special Price £44.00!!!!
Just had a look and yes, most are just at the QVC price and no savings at all, maybe you they think that doing everything on easy pay is a good deal. I won't be bothering...

I won't be bothering either, I don't need anything and certainly not for 1p less than usual. I did, however, pick up 2 really nice (if you like that type of thing) etched glass, Christmassy, very large candle sleeves for a tenner each in clearance. I've seen similar in John Lewis for £30 each.

I just read that back. Who the hell buys "candle sleeves" LOL. Well, me apparently :mysmilie_17: Sometimes I'm a complete nob LOL.

CC

Latest posts

Back