Will QVC be celebrating 'Black Friday' this year?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

quelle surprise that Q just don't get it

Black Friday, according to BBC R4 the other day, is now the biggest shopping day in the US and the UK,
bigger than Christmas sales etc

and the expectation is of about 50% off (or even more) in my house anyway
and other retailers have discounted 20% and 30% off, often for whole site or brands
just in the run up to Black Friday

never mind eh, Q, at this stage it isn't even worth my time looking what you may come up with
you are so wayyyyy behind 'getting with the programme'

I won't be bothering either, I don't need anything and certainly not for 1p less than usual. I did, however, pick up 2 really nice (if you like that type of thing) etched glass, Christmassy, very large candle sleeves for a tenner each in clearance. I've seen similar in John Lewis for £30 each.

I just read that back. Who the hell buys "candle sleeves" LOL. Well, me apparently :mysmilie_17: Sometimes I'm a complete nob LOL.

CC

Why not go the whole hog and buy your candles hat, scarf and gloves as well..:mysmilie_13:

Does QVC understand the Black Friday concept? Just looked at the App black Friday deals in the Beauty "Deals". Looks like usual prices! One L'Occitane item said " QVC price £44.01, Special Price £44.00!!!!

Yes, they always proudly create a banner on the site to put the full priced items under, but conveniently forget about the part where they knock any money off. I thought the Black Friday jingle was quite inoffensive by Q's standards (i.e. I didn't want to lob a brick at the screen by the second listen). I'm thinking 'find what you love, love what you find', 'Christmas will soon be here' and the cacophonous racket they had for the last jewellery day.

fenwicks do 20% off everything in store barring jo malone thats a great night. you get mince pies and sherry and competitions been going for years. they do one day in november anather in december

I don't buy on Black Friday because the delivery services are overwhelmed so I would get stressed. I bought something from M&S once on BF (by mistake, it wasn't on offer) and it took ages to arrive just on click and collect. Plus, I do not like it as a concept and it sounds like an outbreak of the plague to me. However, what I don't understand is why Q doesn't get the concept at all. It is American and they are an American organisation. So surely guidance and tone for the event comes from HO?????

I don't buy on Black Friday because the delivery services are overwhelmed so I would get stressed. I bought something from M&S once on BF (by mistake, it wasn't on offer) and it took ages to arrive just on click and collect. Plus, I do not like it as a concept and it sounds like an outbreak of the plague to me. However, what I don't understand is why Q doesn't get the concept at all. It is American and they are an American organisation. So surely guidance and tone for the event comes from HO?????

Completely agree and I find it laughable/extremely galling/highly irritating to see that Q's Black Friday 'offers' are exactly the same prices as they were before.

I do not think QVC understand the concept of Black Friday sales - meant to have outstanding bargains ...

Latest posts

Back