Will they or won`t they ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Many of the posts have now been removed by QVC and some posters were far from sympathetic or couldn`t understand how people could be upset by these devices, especially as its possibly QVC US not QVC UK who till be selling them. It looks as if QVC aren`t going to confirm or deny either way and will simply let things die down in the hope people will forget.
All I can say to those people who adopted the couldn`t care less, why are people making a fuss etc attitude is that people are allowed to be angry or upset about anything QVC may sell and I`ve seen people moan their life has been ruined because their candles haven`t arrived or their AD has been cancelled. Live and let live. I can no longer post on Q`s facebook page because I once dissed Butcher Basso and his fur trade so QVC blocked me from posting, those people who posted on the dog collar thread must feel the same, as is their right.
QVC can delete as many posts as they like from their own page and sanitise it as much as they like but by doing so, they may also be deleting customers from spending their money with them.

They don't like anyone to rock the boat that sails into fantasy island QVC. They are a load of hypocrites if they were to sell anything which promoted animal suffering. Although I agreed the use of the collar was warranted in very extreme cases,this would be under supervision of a qualified dog trainer as part of a training programme for me to ever think it could be anything but useless .Not sold on T V. Why shouldn't people speak out?I don't use FB as I hate it but do feel everyone should be able to say how they feel especially when companies are being deceitful for financial gain or where child or animal cruelty is involved.If some people don't care that's up to them but until attitudes change money will continue to be made out of them and their decisions that things are fine as they are.

I think it's important to see the positive and negative considerations/consequences of products. It enables us all to make informed decisions.

Just as doctors are duty-bound to advise of the risks as well as the benefits of surgery, even if they don't do it on air, QVC should allow an alternative point of view to be expressed on social media they use. Just imagine that instead of facebook/twitter that you had this discussion... you would debate and pursuade someone who disagrees with you - not tell them to get lost! QVC don't seem to get that it's supposed to be a conversation and a social interaction. If someone is being foul-mouthed and abusive towards other participants in the debate, then yes, tell them they're not welcome if they continue in that vein... but honestly we are all going to be come more ignorant, more suspicious, and less open to alternative ideas if they are routinely suppressed.

I think it's important to see the positive and negative considerations/consequences of products. It enables us all to make informed decisions.

Just as doctors are duty-bound to advise of the risks as well as the benefits of surgery, even if they don't do it on air, QVC should allow an alternative point of view to be expressed on social media they use. Just imagine that instead of facebook/twitter that you had this discussion... you would debate and pursuade someone who disagrees with you - not tell them to get lost! QVC don't seem to get that it's supposed to be a conversation and a social interaction. If someone is being foul-mouthed and abusive towards other participants in the debate, then yes, tell them they're not welcome if they continue in that vein... but honestly we are all going to be come more ignorant, more suspicious, and less open to alternative ideas if they are routinely suppressed.
It's like negative product reviews on their website, they will always make the excuse that it does not meet their criteria so will not be published, has anyone ever seen and understood their criteria?

I don't really know why people are getting themselves so stressed out about this when there is actually no confirmation that QVC UK are actually going to be selling them. It's like Chinese whispers on that Facebook page.

Facebook Frenzy again, ohhh my! :mysmilie_43:

There`s a massive uproar on Q`s facebook page at the moment. Someone posted earlier today that QVC are to be selling the type of dog training collar which gives the animal an electric shock. I think the brand quoted is called Garmin. I know very little about these contraptions and would find it hard to believe that people think its acceptable to use such a thing.
Anyway someone from Q`s social media team has said they`ll speak to the buyers and feedback whether such items are to be sold or not. Someone posted that they are illegal in Wales ( rightly so ) and as yet, it isn`t clear whether they`d be sold on QVC UK or in the US. Either way, Q will still be profiting from animal cruelty in my opinion.
I guess we`ll all have to wait and see whether they will or won`t be selling them. All I can say is it`s caused quite an uproar and there are obviously strong feelings about it.
How could so called animal loving presenters, many of whom own dogs, Debbie, Dale, Chloe, AY, Charlie etc possibly be comfortable selling these barbaric items ?

I once had a very barky dog and someone suggested one of these horrific collars. Definitely no way, the dog gets a shock and to me that is cruelty!!!!!

Perhaps the rumour/leak is rather like a government policy rumour/leak: a deniable, but deliberate attempt to test the waters of public opinion and find the weakest points that need defending?

And perhaps, if they are already going to press ahead in US (where they sometimes seem to be more human convenience-oriented than we are regarding pets... de-clawing cats, anybody?) they want to see whether other QVC country outlets could be viable.

This type of barbaric collar will be widely available especially in USA. where they use those horrific pinch collars. These have sharp metal claws which if the poor dog pulls the claws stick into the skin around the neck, like needles I suspect. I saw a young German shepherd with one in in USA once and it really upset me. I thought the owner should be made to wear one to see how it feels..........

I've a new dog (second hand) and he is quite barky. I'd never use one of these collars and we're doing well using distraction where I use a dog whistle and then treat him when he stops barking and sits for a treat. You do need patience and persistence though. My previous dog couldn't bark as his owners had used a choke chain on him (a Jack Russell FFS) and damaged his vocal chords. Good practice with pets should always be promoted over dodgy quick fixes.

CC

What I find absolutely comical are those people who are "disgusted" at QVC and wont support animal cruelty on QVC so won't be ordering again if they sell that shock dog collar, yet, these people are doing exactly that every single time they order from QVC, many of their designers use fur, and 99% of their beauty is tested on animals, so they actually are supporting them wether they like it or not, dog collars sold on QVC or not, I honestly don't get it.

Also, if QVC America do decide to sell them, if they're not already, then these same people who are up in arms are supporting animal cruelty, QVCUSA and QVCUK, are exactly the same company.

remember reading some years back of a country singer US one of the Judds(mother and daughter very big over there. Sister Ashley is an actress). Anyway she didn't like her dog barking so took to the vet and had its vocal chords cut.

remember reading some years back of a country singer US one of the Judds(mother and daughter very big over there. Sister Ashley is an actress). Anyway she didn't like her dog barking so took to the vet and had its vocal chords cut.

That's heartbreaking, why do people buy dogs when they know they'll bark?! It their natural instinct like ours is to talk, honestly it's like buying a toaster and you don't want it to toast. That "vet" should be struck off with immediate effect, because if I had the power, I'd make it happen.

And that vet should not be in practise,all vets should be like Noel Fitzpatrick,he's my absolute hero.

That is an obscene thing to do! Why, if your dog's behaviour causes you a problem, arrange to have the dog rehomed rather than mutilate it?

Latest posts

Back