Winter Fashion Heroes TSV 06/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like edge to edge jackets & coats for formal events & have two that have gone to many weddings, worn by me & borrowed by others. However, they serve no purpose as winter coats & I can't see that many would class them as outerwear. I love denim jackets, always have, & currently have three that I wear throughout the year in place of cardigans, a garment I can't stand.
I have different denim Jackets and dare I say it Biker ones too.😳

I had a real biker jacket from my biking days. It might have helped with road rash had I taken a fall but it was cold in winter and hot in summer. I used to spend hours waxing it to keep it slightly supple, slightly water-resistant and easier to wipe bug splatter off!

I do like a cardi, but not a button up one. Denim jackets are not "cosy" for colder weather to me.
I they do a sherpa lined denim jacket, that would be an idea!

Denim & Co. Button Front Velveteen Jacket with Pockets
Item Number: 186525
QVC Price £48.00
Todays Special Value Price £36.98
P&P £3.95

This stylish jacket from Denim & Co. is crafted from plush velveteen and features long sleeves, a point collar and button front fastenings. An autumnal upgrade on your classic lightweight jacket, this versatile design offers a multitude of outfit options, making it a wardrobe staple you'll reach for time after time.

Keep it classic - with a timeless style, this jacket can really be paired with any of your favourite outfits, from daytime chic to laid-back evening glamour. Whether you're doing the school run or the supermarket shop, try layering this jacket over a T-shirt and jeans combo for a put-together look that'll keep you warm while you're out and about, without causing you to overheat as you step inside. Out for dinner with friends? Wear over the top of a jumpsuit or dress and accessorise with heels for an on-trend ensemble that oozes elegance.

A name you can trust - with a vast array of chic jackets already on offer that have garnered a fashionable fan base, you can guarantee this Denim & Co. number will be a stylish and flattering addition to your wardrobe.

The choice is yours - take your pick from a colour palette of four versatile shades that'll suit any taste. Black offers a monochrome option that'll go with everything, while the jewel tones of Navy, Pine and Burgundy reflect the beautiful tones of autumn.

• Functional pockets
  • Yoke at front and back
  • 98% cotton, 2% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Black
  • Navy
  • Burgundy
  • Pine

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 96.5cm (38"), S: 101.6cm (40"), M: 106.7cm (42"), L: 113cm (44.5"), XL: 120.7cm (47.5"), 2XL: 132.1cm (52"), 3XL: 142.2cm (56")
  • Length: XS: 62.2cm (24.5"), S: 62.9cm (24.8"), M: 63.5cm (25"), L: 64.5cm (25.4"), XL: 65.7cm (25.8"), 2XL: 68.6cm (27"), 3XL: 70.6cm (27.8")

All measurements are approximate

Where would you wear it? Too cold here to wear out on it's own and the pubs are all closed. If I wore it to the restaurant the first thing I'd do would be take it off so what's the point? Saying that, I quite liked the green one.

CC

It’s alright I suppose, but it’s not £40’s worth of jacket despite having a decent fabric composition. It’s neither here nor there really, not a wardrobe staple - but at least it’s not frumpy like some of the Michele Hope stuff I’m watching now-all stretchy sickly coloured twinsets embellished with sequins. Now I’m seeing some crushed velvet tops- hey , she’s dragged herself into the 1990”s! Who do I hate the most? Her or Marla Wynne? It’s a tie ( a gaudy/overpriced one)!

Michele's stuff is gaudy and old fashioned but someone must be buying it. To be fair though she does nice colours, always matches the buttons and lines her skirts (not that I have any but a lining in things is always good). She knows her stuff in the rag trade but the designs are a bit frumpy.

CC

I liked some of her stuff I just pare it down with something simple don't know about now though ..the quality was good

I love denim jackets, always have, & currently have three that I wear throughout the year in place of cardigans, a garment I can't stand. - Twilight

I'm more of a knitted cardi/jacket girl so look the other way if I cross your path! I've got fabric jackets that have been hanging in my wardrobe for x years, thinking they might come in useful some day but not worn. All my coats are from Land's End, except for a 100% wool swing coat that I bought from C&A back in the day, still looking as good as new and would cost I reckon £200 to replace.

Michele's stuff is gaudy and old fashioned but someone must be buying it. To be fair though she does nice colours, always matches the buttons and lines her skirts (not that I have any but a lining in things is always good). She knows her stuff in the rag trade but the designs are a bit frumpy.

CC
The minute anyone buys me a fawn cardi I plan to dress head to toe in pink and purple sparkly outfits for our Shelly Hope! What's old age without maximum embarrassment for my kids and Mr Akimbo! 🥳

I think Michelle believes in her designs which is more than some seem to. You’re not going to find similar in Asda . Unlike Goks jumpers.I saw one very similar for a third of the price.

The minute anyone buys me a fawn cardi I plan to dress head to toe in pink and purple sparkly outfits for our Shelly Hope! What's old age without maximum embarrassment for my kids and Mr Akimbo! 🥳

I would rather wear a fawn cardi than one of her outfits any day of the week! And what about the embarrassment to yourself? I think I'd rather behave badly in me granny togs and be done with it - with a far slimmer chance of spontaneous combustion due the friction from polyester on polyester. You did make me laugh 'cause you don't really hear the term fawn any more. My dad used to tell me to steer clear of old men wearing fawn mackintoshes!

I love denim jackets, always have, & currently have three that I wear throughout the year in place of cardigans, a garment I can't stand. - Twilight

I'm more of a knitted cardi/jacket girl so look the other way if I cross your path! I've got fabric jackets that have been hanging in my wardrobe for x years, thinking they might come in useful some day but not worn. All my coats are from Land's End, except for a 100% wool swing coat that I bought from C&A back in the day, still looking as good as new and would cost I reckon £200 to replace.
😊 I don't mind them on others & I'd never be rude & criticise someone else's taste & choice of clothes, I've just never liked wearing them. In my last year at school we were given the option of a cardigan as an alternative to our blazer, I loved my blazer & stayed loyal.

Latest posts

Back