Yankee Candle Addicts (Exclusives Coming To Q )

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Could it be the TSV next month?

I thought they said that the TSV was something new so I was expecting something different from large jars. I'm keen to find out what it is even though I have loads of candles in stock so I really shouldn't buy any more :mysmilie_14:

Oh, thanks Autumn. I really fancy Picnic & Blue Summer, but I really, really hate the smell of peaches. It's my mothers fault. When we were growing up, all she ever bought was peach aerosol air fresheners!! Ha ha

Totally agree Not keen on Peaches but i guess if the price is right it maybe worth still buying :)

Not sure about this being the Tsv as we have already had TSV's with Large Jars this year but you never know.

Oh, thanks Autumn. I really fancy Picnic & Blue Summer, but I really, really hate the smell of peaches. It's my mothers fault. When we were growing up, all she ever bought was peach aerosol air fresheners!! Ha ha

Ha ha, you have reminded me that my mother seemed to favour peach scented air fresheners too! It's all we ever had and they were awful, synthetic things! It hasn't put me off though because I think Yankee will get a more authentic peach smell in the candle and real, fresh peaches I do like.

I look forward to seeing how much this trio will be as I could be slightly tempted. I am not sure it will be the TSV though because, as Autumn said, they only just had a three-jar TSV and, as Boris Bear said, haven't they suggested the next TSV is "something new" (whatever that is)?

Ha ha, you have reminded me that my mother seemed to favour peach scented air fresheners too! It's all we ever had and they were awful, synthetic things! It hasn't put me off though because I think Yankee will get a more authentic peach smell in the candle and real, fresh peaches I do like.

I look forward to seeing how much this trio will be as I could be slightly tempted. I am not sure it will be the TSV though because, as Autumn said, they only just had a three-jar TSV and, as Boris Bear said, haven't they suggested the next TSV is "something new" (whatever that is)?

Ooh, I'm having a flashback as well, but not peach... lavender furniture polish and airfresheners in my home when I was growing up. For this reason, I can't be doing with the Yankee lavender scents. I wanted to like them, but in my opinion they do not capture the sent of real lavender at all. They smell artificial, and in the case of Lemon Lavender sickly sweet.

I might like the other fragrances though, if they are in the fresh spectrum.

it be about the £37 mark + £5.95 postage if that is the tsv but as been said this is not the "something new" they have billed it as but i guess its US ones which make it that

there is one other it could be

The Blue Summer Sky sounds lovely, the picnic one is a no for me and the peach one that I initially thought was a no is a maybe after reading the detailed description in the Yankee US site. So for me this would be a good TSV as I wouldn't be tempted. I've got the second drop of the trend collection coming early May (Sea Grass and Beach Holiday) and have just got the pure essence drop of the TSV so I really could do with skipping this one.

Like a few of you it is the peach that puts me off. I am thinking either the Body shop or Avon in the 80's did "fuzzy peach"? Also I am running out of space on my candle shelf. I had better start burning them more often so I can justify buying more. Still have Splash of rain and Plumeira and Red Raspberry and Tahitian Tiare Flower to keep me going. That's not counting a half empty True Rose and Vanilla Lime to finish. And for later in the year November rain and Salted Caramel! I think doing my own itinerary has stopped me being tempted..... (especially as I have 2 of the Splash of rain and Plumeira.... )

I wouldn't fancy a peach candle either. Isn't it funny how peach conjures up so many memories of the 80s? I was born in the early 80s but my memory is still vivid, for me it also reminds me of awful cheap peach air freshener, along with peach coloured settees and bathroom suites!

Gulp.. I forgot about Pink Grapefruit and Pink Carnation! (Smells like L'Air Du Temps). And Sunflowers! (Autumn you are such a bad influence! )

Like a few of you it is the peach that puts me off. I am thinking either the Body shop or Avon in the 80's did "fuzzy peach"? Also I am running out of space on my candle shelf. I had better start burning them more often so I can justify buying more. Still have Splash of rain and Plumeira and Red Raspberry and Tahitian Tiare Flower to keep me going. That's not counting a half empty True Rose and Vanilla Lime to finish. And for later in the year November rain and Salted Caramel! I think doing my own itinerary has stopped me being tempted..... (especially as I have 2 of the Splash of rain and Plumeira.... )
WG, you've got 2 candles in 'Splash of Rain'? Autumn will not be happy!! Ha Ha

I know! But it's all her fault for telling me about it! She knows I love the rainy, sea salty, coastal ones. And as it came with a Plumeira (love my frangipani). I ended up buying 2 thinking I could give one to my mum. But she didn't like it and wanted a swap for one of my other ones so I ended up with 2...

Well to my mind YC have come back fighting after a rather weak 2014. I am knee deep in candles! And I cannot wait for the African themed ones coming in July. Like others the peach one rather put me off this set but I have looked on YCUS and it mentions cinnamon and nutmeg in it so that might make it warmer than a cheap peach bubble bath smell which I would dread. I could also burn it with something else if it wasn't quite right! Perhaps the new element of the TSV is that all these are in the current U.S. range and will not be coming over here?? Mind you I think it is very unusual not to have had a votive TSV. Perhaps it will be an event price.

Thanks Autumn for the heads up.

It was announced last week in the local rag that a YC shop will be opening in Plymouth, supposedly selling 40 varieties and no other goods. I don't know whether it will be owned by YC, or a franchise, but I don't think a shop just selling candles will survive in Plymuff.

I know! But it's all her fault for telling me about it! She knows I love the rainy, sea salty, coastal ones. And as it came with a Plumeira (love my frangipani). I ended up buying 2 thinking I could give one to my mum. But she didn't like it and wanted a swap for one of my other ones so I ended up with 2...

Haha Mr Marple I still have my Splash Of Rain Large Jar from last year unlit!! lol :mysmilie_14:

I really want Q to bring collection of Sunflower, Garden Hideaway and Blue Hydrangea.

I had a look on the YC US site. Too much temptation! I'd get stocked up on Early Sunrise. I know there were some votives in that spring collection hatbox, but I don't really do votives, as unless you have really tight-fitting containers you don't get a decent burn time out of them, plus the throw isn't great. I want melts or a large jar. Mind you, they've got loads of others I like the sound of as well - I'd be beggared if they were all available here.

I had a look on the YC US site. Too much temptation! I'd get stocked up on Early Sunrise. I know there were some votives in that spring collection hatbox, but I don't really do votives, as unless you have really tight-fitting containers you don't get a decent burn time out of them, plus the throw isn't great. I want melts or a large jar. Mind you, they've got loads of others I like the sound of as well - I'd be beggared if they were all available here.

Yes the choice in America is amazing :( Wish Qvc would bring more over.

Dont like Votives either :(

Now we know the Tsv is the Picnic collection depending the price i maybe tempted even though im not keen on the peach one, Im guessing it will be around £33/34 + £5.95 P&P

Ooh, I'm having a flashback as well, but not peach... lavender furniture polish and airfresheners in my home when I was growing up. For this reason, I can't be doing with the Yankee lavender scents. I wanted to like them, but in my opinion they do not capture the sent of real lavender at all. They smell artificial, and in the case of Lemon Lavender sickly sweet.

I might like the other fragrances though, if they are in the fresh spectrum.

I just can't bear ANYTHING lavender scented, natural or not! A fact entirely lost on both my aunt and my step-grandmother who, each year (until we asked to switch to charity donation presents instead) would send me heaps of the stuff! Ah well, can't please everyone!

Yankee Candle Set of 3 USA Special Summer Fragrances Large Jars

QVC Price: £46.00
Event Price :£37.96
P&P: £5.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-39-_-704381

A three-piece collection of beautifully scented candles in fragrances of Watermelon, Fresh Mint and Orange Dreamsicle. Create the perfect ambience in your home with this aromatic and long-lasting set from Yankee Candle.

Burn time per candle: up to 150 hours

Contains:
Orange Dreamsicle Large Jar Candle (623g) - a blend of sweet orange and creamy vanilla, like the ice lollies of your childhood

Fresh Mint Large Jar Candle (623g) - a zingy mint concoction that'll freshen up any room

Watermelon Large Jar Candle (623g) - a sweet, fruity and uplifting scent

Yankee Candle Set of 2 Holiday Specials Large Jars

QVC Price: £32.50
Introductory Price :£29.76
P&P: £5.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-24-_-704875

A set of two large jar candles in delightful, holiday-inspired fragrances - Golden Sands and Papaya Punch. Whisk yourself away, without leaving the comfort of your sofa, with these gorgeous Yankee Candles.

Contains:
2 x large jar candles (623g) - one each of: Golden Sands and Papaya Punch

Latest posts

Back