Yankee Candle Spa Set TSV Problems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I for one wouldn't buy this set again, in fact I doubt I'll ever buy YC from QVC again. I've burned these candles for hours and you can't smell a thing unless you're practically standing with your face in the jar. I remembered what the Shea & Cedarwood smelled like: root beer.

Oh, and thanks for the advice not to burn the cracked jar - you are all totally right, I'll bin it. No great loss, I'm not that fussed about the fragrance and it's only a minor waste of money. I guess the good thing is that I won't be tempted by YC again, so in a way it's saved me money.... Ha, that's my kind of logic!!

I've just realised that my large Shea & Cedarwood candle that I'm burning just now has a strange appearance. It doesn't bother me, I wouldn't have noticed it until I read this thread, but it almost looks like there's a layer of wax caught inside the glass of the jar, which is obviously impossible. I've noticed as well that the wick has that sort of 'flower'-like appearance at the top, I've never known what causes that. As for the smell, it's a bit like vanilla with a hint of medicine - very unusual and not unpleasant, and sometimes the mediciney smell is stronger and sometimes the creamier smell is stronger. Odd.

One of the smaller jars arrived with a small crack in it, I just cannot be bothered sending the whole thing back for the sake of one small crack. I hope it'll be ok...

if you intend to burn it the hot wax can/will make the jar shatter and spill wax everywhere, never mind the glass chards. So please do think about that

I have tried to smell these votives through their cellophane in my local YC shop. I can't smell a blooming thing.

Guess I've been lucky and got a good batch, no jar problems that I see and the fragrances are fairly strong. My husband snatched the votives and medium jars for his desk in his home office and burns them for hours at a time. He really enjoys them and wants me to re-order. He especially like the tangerine scent.

I like my scent but find they are burning down very quickly, I think one of them is slightly off centre (wick) but can't be bothered sending them back when I've had all this hassle already.

Latest posts

Back