Yankee Candle TSV 26/11/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Votives again? I've seen that gift set in a few department stores for weeks now! Why can't we have medium/ large jars as a TSV without the twee accessories!

The only two fragrances i can make out are Icicles and Angels wings.

Icicles is a weird one IMO.
To me, all I could smell was used teabags for some reason!

Anyway, another boring offer IMO. I honestly think it's coming up to 3 years since I last bought a Yankee TSV.

to be honest Q are only going to bring in what they know will sell and i have no problems with that

I'm afraid I don't agree with that, the vast majority of recent TSVs haven't sold out and have been on numerous shows afterwards at introductory prices. It's taken them ages to shift some of the ex TSVs.

Any more info on this TSV yet please? i.e. more/bigger photos and a price maybe? Thanks in advance.

It's either bleeding votives or tealights!! All the time! I wonder if they're phasing out tarts/melts - there don't seem to be any special xmas sets with them in this year. I'm done with Yankee anyway. I visited a small gift shop in Neath last week which stocked a range called Village Candles. They were in the same shaped jars as YC and looked almost identical. The fragrance was very strong and the lady said that they were just as good as YC, and that she burned both at home. The large jars were around £12 I think. I just think there is no need to pay Yankee prices to get good fragrance.

http://www.villagecandle.co.uk/

It's either bleeding votives or tealights!! All the time! I wonder if they're phasing out tarts/melts - there don't seem to be any special xmas sets with them in this year. I'm done with Yankee anyway. I visited a small gift shop in Neath last week which stocked a range called Village Candles. They were in the same shaped jars as YC and looked almost identical. The fragrance was very strong and the lady said that they were just as good as YC, and that she burned both at home. The large jars were around £12 I think. I just think there is no need to pay Yankee prices to get good fragrance.

http://www.villagecandle.co.uk/

alas its for trade only. colony do nice candles and of course tk max have loads of superior candles for cheap prices

They sell them on Amazon. Yes, I have had a few candles from TKM now, various brands, and some from Waitrose and even Asda own brand. I have also bought the jumbo tealights from Asda and they last for days!! I think I have had 3 or 4 full evenings out of one. This makes a nice change from one normal one not even lasting an evening!

I actually quite like this TSV, as I'd like some votives for Christmas (I only have 3 at home currently).

I don't want 24 though, so my mother in law is going to split the cost of a set with me. Not sure if we are keeping a box each yet or splitting the fragrances so we have one each though.

Last year we had a TSV set of two houses, which were pennies under £30 plus £5.95 postage and earlier this year we have a floral hat box that contained 24 votives also pennies under £30 with £5.95 postage (although I can't find that this was actually a TSV), so do you think we can expect the same from this TSV?

DD and I were in the Yankee shop in Bristol the other week and both simultaneously sniffed "Snowflake Cookie" - such a cute little label! In a comedy moment we looked at each other, wrinkled our noses and said "FAKE TAN!" :mysmilie_506:

Seriously! You know those cheap fake tans that have an unmistakable biscuit/potato peeling smell once they've developed. :tongue:

We put them back on the shelf and chuckled that we could get a Towie orange tan :sun: for the festive season and achieve the same smell around the house!

The staff frowned at us! :mysmilie_514:

Latest posts

Back