Yankee question. (Possibly a stupid one).

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrMarple

Registered Shopper
Bought a Yankee tart warmer from QVC & I'm very happy with it. In fact, I haven't burned a 'normal' candle since.

My question is, I'm after a Fig tart, but I can't find one, but I have found a votive candle in that fragrance.
If I chopped the candle up (obviously getting rid of the wick etc), could I use that in the tart warmer instead?

My initial thought was yes, of course I can, but the wax does feel slightly different.
Then I thought that a candle wax is for burning whereas a Tart is for warming, so it never gets in direct contact with a flame IFKWIM?

Has anyone else done this at all?

Thanks

Yeah ive done it and works fine , I don't think you get quite aslong from it as a regular tart but it is possible.

Also once you've finished a jar candle there is always an inch or two of wax at the bottom , you can also break that up and use in the tart warmers.

Yeah ive done it and works fine , I don't think you get quite aslong from it as a regular tart but it is possible.

Also once you've finished a jar candle there is always an inch or two of wax at the bottom , you can also break that up and use in the tart warmers.

Autumn, thanks for that tip - never thought of it. I love Yankee but, considering the price, it always annoyed me that I was throwing out an inch of wax.

I dig out the bottom bit of wax too. I put it I. Sealed plastic bags and keep them in a drawer. Envelope though the bags are sealed, some of the fragrance can still be smelt so it's a nice way to scent a drawer too

I always use wax pieces as tarts in my electric burner.
I have a beautiful handmade peony candle which I bought in a craft shop,expensive but gorgeous.
My granddaughter lit it one day when I wasn't here & I found the wick didn't work anymore so broke it up into small pieces & it works perfectly in my burner.

Are the electric tart warmers better than the tea light ones? I always had spattering of wax from my normal one. I covered the table it was on but it spattered onto the carpet too, which was difficult to get off, I binned it in the end because it was causing too much mess. I don't use candles because of sooting

Are the electric tart warmers better than the tea light ones? I always had spattering of wax from my normal one. I covered the table it was on but it spattered onto the carpet too, which was difficult to get off, I binned it in the end because it was causing too much mess. I don't use candles because of sooting

They are soo much better than the tea light ones, just make sure you get one with the removable dish on top. They work out better value for money in the long run aswell and you don't have the difficulty of trying to blow the tea light out without blowing wax everywhere.

I have several tea light ones and really like them. They are the glass one piece jobs and look very pretty. However I also had a set of three Xmas ones where the tea light sits in a bowl and the dish is on a metal holder above it. One of these caught fire!! I thought the room was a bit brighter and when I looked round there were flames shooting out of the pot and licking the dish. I screamed, attacked it with a wet tea cloth and threw it under a running tap so it was all a bit dramatic!!! I have not tried them since, too scared.

I could never understand why people would want an electric one and then I bought the ceramic TSV because I wanted all the tarts and I love it!! As Autumn says do make sure it has a removable dish so you can bung it in the freezer/ice compartment for ease of emptying out the wax. I managed to break a glass one as I tried to hack out the wax... I think that could have been mainly due to bad temper though. I now want a second one but cannot see any with a removable dish at the moment.

to remove the wax from the t-light tart burner you just put it in the freezer and it will pop out. hacking is a bit dangerous

Latest posts

Back