What was the first and last Yankee Candle you bought?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ellaaa

Registered Shopper
After being (slightly obsessed) with my scenterpiece I've recently fallen back in love with candles again as I'm using them as an aid to help me relax more after work.

What was the first and last YC you bought? It doesn't have to have been from QVC.

For me, the first candle I bought was French Vanilla. It's a scent that I do miss (I seem to always like scents that get retired!) I find cakey vanilla fragrances too overwhelming, but French Vanilla was a little lighter and more warming.

The last candle I bought was Egyptian Musk. I love musk fragrances, my favourite is Season of Peace and after reading a review saying this one was similar I decided to give it a go. It's not a huge throw, but that somehow makes it more relaxing. It's also pretty gender neutral and me and my OH both like it.

How about you?

Well, my first purchase, which I regard as my downfall, was a TSV collection made especially for Q, called I think Pink Petals or somesuch. It came with a choice between that and Stargazer Lily. My most recent purchase was the last TSV so I shall pick Mediterranean Breeze as it was far nicer than the other two which have now both been relegated to the daytime stash. Of course I have bought practically every set in between!

I am currently burning Serengeti Sunset and Kilimanjaro Stars. Fabulous together! Very much in the Midummers Night neck of the woods, and almost takes me back to Evening Air (the zenith of YC's achievements).

:mysmilie_59:

Wow people! I'm amazed you can remember!! I think I bought a mixture of votives for my first buy years ago and my last purchase was a mix of tarts from ebay. I'm such a cheapskate, I just go where the bargains are. My faves at the moment are turquoise sky and flowers in the sun. My faves from days gone by were dune grass and greenhouse and I just love love loved merry marshmallow. I just bought some lemon meringue votives from Asda and I have to say I like them, especially for £1 each.

CC

i bought a tsv from qvc : some tumblers mainly floral. they were devine. at christmas qvc did their first christmas tsv and it was a huge box of votives, 4 ceramic votive holders, a wreath, a tart burner, loads of tarts, a medium christmas eve candle with a large shade all matching. they even gave you a brass hook to hang the wreath on the door. those were the good old tsv days

Yes, I liked all the little bits and pieces you used to get with the TSVs. That was when votives smelled of something because it was all I used to buy.

CC

Tart burners and tarts are never advertised now - have they stopped doing them ?

As for the candles, I've never bought them, I did buy the Fresh Cotton (?) once from a gardening centre, but found the smell 'stale' after the initial burning, so have never bought again.

I do buy from TK Maxx, a variation of brands, some of which are really attractive and more economical with the hefty p & p.

My first buy was a YC 'Winterland' set from Q, a lovely soft, sweet, pepperminty scent. The most recent was a Black Cherry 'car jar'.
Is anyone still in touch with Lady Darls? She used to make and sell some lovely soy wax melts.

My first candle was a lavender vanilla one which I adored + was so sad when they "retired" it. The last Yankee thing I bought was a melt in the new almond blossom + prior to that a medium jar of Festive Cocktail that I got for half price in Clinton's sale.

Tart burners and tarts are never advertised now - have they stopped doing them ?

As for the candles, I've never bought them, I did buy the Fresh Cotton (?) once from a gardening centre, but found the smell 'stale' after the initial burning, so have never bought again.

I do buy from TK Maxx, a variation of brands, some of which are really attractive and more economical with the hefty p & p.

They do have tarts and burners, brissles. I think they had them on air on the show at the weekend actually. If you search for Yankee on the Q website, there are a couple of packs of tarts and a couple of sets which include a "themed" burner.

My first YC purchase from QVC was votives but I'd had a couple with long-stemmed holders for a Christmas gift a couple of years earlier. Then my brother bought me a medium jar of Black Cherry for my birthday and that's what really got me hooked. It's still my favourite scent - I do love trying everything else and I have temporary favourites but I don't think I'll ever go off Black Cherry.

My most recent purchase was the duo of large jars with a jar holder, one of which is Cherry Blossom which I'm loving. Must be a cherry thing!

I'm new to this so my first buy was two large jars for £8 each from Gretna outlet village, Winter Glow & Sparkling Snow.
My latest buy was a selection of votives & tarts from a factory outlet, I chose scents you'd listed on here as favourites to try them.
In Boots today they're selling large jars at 25% off though they didn't have much choice in my nearest branch.

First, a raspberry sorbet votive. I kept sniffing one in a small local shop when on holiday and had to buy before we went home. I wasn't even a particular candle fan but I loved the fragrance.
Last was an order in the sale of mixed votives, tea lights, medium jar, jar holders, illuminated lid and tart burner. Fragrance range was cranberry ice, macaron treats, star anise and orange, berry trifle and festive cocktail. The accessories are all red I love the candle holders and the straight sided tart burner has a metal or metallic coated dish for the tart and it pops out like a dream when solid, I was so impressed.
Raspberry sorbet was what got me hooked and I hankered after it when I found out Yankee retired candles and brought out new smells - how could I have known!! I did buy a 3 large jar set from QVC last year to get one in raspberry sorbet on a special but the other two I really didn't care for so decided I would gift to my daughters, think they were something like pinacolada and sandlewood/vanilla. I didn't 'gift' them, I've put them somewhere safe and not found them yet!! (Not an unusual occurrence for me, unfortunately). Raspberry sorbet was OK this time around, but not the incredible smell I remembered. Was it the quality, a new mix or just my memory? I'll never know....

Can I just thank whoever it was that put a link on the forum to Candles Direct. I bought two tart burners and two votive holders and they are gorgeous and were really cheap. The votive holders were under £4 each and the burners just £7.50 each, all glass. The jar candles looked very reasonable too. Well worth a look. Not unreasonable P&P and fast delivery. Definitely in my favourites.

CC

Goodness knows what my first one was but my guess would be fresh cut roses or garden sweet pea.

Last one was the new mint one and the linden tree. Both melts rather than candles. Last actual candle, crikey I can't remember. Maybe aloe water or the Shea one?

First ever-ever was Crisp Linen from the Simply Home range: votives and car air freshener hanging thingy.

First QVC was a quartet of medium house warmer jars: Garden Hideaway, Lilac Blossom, Fresh Cut Roses, French Lavender. I learned I disliked the YC Lavender and Fresh Cut Roses... Didn't return tho as I loved the other two.

My most recent were the Home Inspiration Fresh Balsam Fir I bought in Asda on a reduced price. Home Inspiration has replaced the Simply Home range in the UK.

I actually can't fit all my candles in my candle cupboard!

Last QVC purchase was a melt selection... They don't need to go in the candle cupboard, thank goodness!

Latest posts

Back