Yankee TSV 26/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went into the two Clintons we have in Birmingham city centre today and they had no half price offers sadly, I would have loved A child's wish but they had none of that scent at all, just 25% off black cherry and buy one get one half price. They also had a new one called Lakeside Sunset, a pinky one, that didnt seem bad but may be a bit sweet for my liking x

Oh that's rubbish :confused: Our store has a big display at the front with the 50% off candles, mayb worth trying again in a few days in case ur store is just a little slow with there displays

err the auto-delivery ones starts at the beginning of the year and ends in a couple months normally so this is not a auto-delivery one

Sorry for any confusion I just meant I am ready for some new jars as the last auto delivery I was on seems to have finished.

Sorry for any confusion I just meant I am ready for some new jars as the last auto delivery I was on seems to have finished.

Don't apologise TC, sometimes the way SCW replies to people is awful IMO.
I personally understood exactly what you meant.

Last edited:
Harsh! :confused: SuperCoolWillow is a young man, Ian and his contribution to this site is invaluable.

He gets asked the same questions over and over: "why is the future TSV showing as sold out?" "What will the TSV price be?" "What is the beauty TSV in 2 months' time?" He could do with an FAQ page! If it exasperates me, then I think Ian's replies are less terse than mine would be if I were busy tracing endless item numbers and posting them here every day. If he got the wrong end of the stick it's no big deal, we all do it.

These 'flavours' look quite nice, but I do wish they would sell the double-wick, straight-sided jars as I think they are superior. Do Yankee still make the double-wicked jars??

Harsh! :confused: SuperCoolWillow is a young man, Ian and his contribution to this site is invaluable.

He gets asked the same questions over and over: "why is the future TSV showing as sold out?" "What will the TSV price be?" "What is the beauty TSV in 2 months' time?" He could do with an FAQ page! If it exasperates me, then I think Ian's replies are less terse than mine would be if I were busy tracing endless item numbers and posting them here every day. If he got the wrong end of the stick it's no big deal, we all do it.

Surprised you feel like my comment was harsh. And I can only apologise for assuming that SCW was a woman. I guess I’m more shocked now that a man is being less that courteous towards ladies on this forum.

Please keep this on topic rather than speculating as to whether his hobby of looking for item numbers “exasperates” him or not. I find it hard to believe that you would have such an extreme reaction to other people asking what the next beauty TSV will be, this is a forum about QVC after all.

But like you said I’m sure it is all just the wrong end of the stick and no big deal.

Sorry, but I disagree.

Tykechick simply made a comment that she was in need of more candles. She didn't ask a question at all.
I don't even suspect that she was expecting any sort of reply.

SCW's reply of 'err, you're wrong', was like listening to children in a playground.

BIB, If what he does is a hobby like he says, surely he must expect questions, or why do it? To feed his ego maybe?
I've no idea TBH, I don't know the guy, but many of his replies on here are very sharp. I get the feeling that if someone dares to post info about an upcoming TSV, he doesn't like it.

I hope I have been courteous in this post, but I fully expect it to be deleted.

Mr Marple I don't see why your post should be deleted,I agree with you and other people on here also find out future TSVs and one time only s.
Lynn

I'm with you on this. SCW provides a fantastic contribution to the forum which we would all miss. He doesn't participate much in the general chit chat and keeps his posts brief but that's just his style. I've never thought him rude though.

ahh thats ok i just got a bit confused as the one in january dont finish yet as there is another drop still to go

and i do apologise if my posts seem rude or anything its just that i have an odd way with words and thats proberbly due to my dyslexia can sometimes cause me to write something in a completely different meaning so i am sorry if i am rude like

Last edited:
3 large candles. Is that it? That is the Tsv? What a lack of imagination! No wonder folks no longer stay up for a Tsv!

I only go for a yankee tsv, if it is a set of 3 large candles. We all prefer different ways of burning yankee; the burner for wax melts - I also have this - or the samplers - have these also. The ultimate for me is, however, the large jars. The Q don't do these often enough as tsvs.

I got that one at the outlet shop!

I was thrilled to find it......and still have bits of it left in my hidden hoard aka in the cupboard under the stairs!

:giggle:

my fav yankee tsv many moons ago was an xmas one. it had 12 tarts., a tart buner in ceramic, 12 samplers.4 sampler holders, a large shade, a small wreath and a medium Christmas jar candle for around £45 inc postage. its nice when they mix it a bit. never forget unpacking it ...lovely

Has anyone smelt or seen the TSV scents out and about, or are they USA exclusive ones? Subject to them being a good price I am tempted with these, I wonder if Midnight oasis is similar to Evening Air or Midsummer evening?, ( or whatever they are called!)

Has anyone smelt or seen the TSV scents out and about, or are they USA exclusive ones? Subject to them being a good price I am tempted with these, I wonder if Midnight oasis is similar to Evening Air or Midsummer evening?, ( or whatever they are called!)

honey dew melon is a retired fragrance and i know ive seen the other two on the yankee uk website to buy but i think they are american ones not commonly released ones here

Ive seen Honey dew melon and golden sands in the Hallmark outlet for half price, cant say I was impressed with either of the fragrances and I suspect the TSV will be around £30 and at least £5.95 p&p, so I think ill give this a miss and stick with Clintons :wave:

aww.... love Yankee jars, and would really like to order this TSV, but the price will have to be really good to make it reasonable to buy as the postage to France is over £17 for a set of 3 large jars :thinking:

Sorry, but I disagree.

Tykechick simply made a comment that she was in need of more candles. She didn't ask a question at all.
I don't even suspect that she was expecting any sort of reply.

SCW's reply of 'err, you're wrong', was like listening to children in a playground.

BIB, If what he does is a hobby like he says, surely he must expect questions, or why do it? To feed his ego maybe?
I've no idea TBH, I don't know the guy, but many of his replies on here are very sharp. I get the feeling that if someone dares to post info about an upcoming TSV, he doesn't like it.

I hope I have been courteous in this post, but I fully expect it to be deleted.

Yes you have been courteous in stating your opinion, there is no reason for your post to be deleted.

I will take this oppurtunity to remind members that anyone is free to post TSV's, OTO's, new items etc....no-one owns any threads.

Latest posts

Back