Yankee TSV 26/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've posted this before on Yankee TSVs, but just a reminder, if anyone is heading down the M20 for the Channel Tunnel this summer, then make time to stop off at Mcathur Glen Discount Village in Ashford which has a Yankee Candle outlet. Most fragrances are at least 30% off and there is always something on even better deals. For example, last time I visited I was able buy a Large 2-wick Lilac Blossom candle for £4.25. They also have great discounts on accessories.

As for SCW, I know that if you are unaware that Ian (SCW) has difficulties with written and verbal communication, then you may think some of his posts rude or even child-like (and I'm not betraying any confidences here, Ian has shared this himself previously, he just doesn't like bringing it up himself time and again). It is not his intention to upset people, quite the opposite, he really wants to help. However, this sometimes gets lost in the way he writes things because of his difficulties. I know he gets very upset when he's upset people, hence his apology to tykechick. He keeps his posts brief because of his difficulties but that sometimes creates even greater problems. Like many of us, Ian likes to do things his own way and like all of us, sometimes he can't. He has to live with the rules of this forum, which frustrate him at times, but those are the rules, and he knows that. However, I would hate to think that anyone would misunderstand the intention behind his words and think him deliberately rude, as he is just a quiet, helpful, thoughtful young man who has an awful lot to deal with.

Thanks Dips you put that much better than I could have. I suppose I take for granted that people know stuff like this if they've been a member for a year or two and forget we have new members all the time.

I have been a member for 3 years next month, and didn't know that SCW had the difficulties mentioned in Dip's post.
It only goes to show that despite his problems he still manages to be absolutely brilliant at what he does for us on here.

Higher price than I was expecting tbh

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Lost in Paradise Large Jars
QVC Price: £40.50

Today's Special Value Price :

£33.48

P&P: £5.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-3-Lost-in-Paradise-Large-Jars.product.702072.html

Thanks for info Autumn, yes I thought they would be just under £30, your previous post has discouraged me from buying them. Well done, I need to save some money, think I will go elsewhere for ones I know I will like,

Thanks for info Autumn, yes I thought they would be just under £30, your previous post has discouraged me from buying them. Well done, I need to save some money, think I will go elsewhere for ones I know I will like,

Almost £40 is a lot of money to risk when there fragrances you've never tried and the cost to return them would be high, I was expecting just under £30 too, its meant to be a TSV after all, but at that price its too much when other retailers have better offers on YC's.

P.s the offer is still on in Clintons, they didn't have any tarts left just the jar candles and votive's, but I ended up buying a large jar of True rose today for £9.99 and no p&p :flower:

True Rose is one of my favourites Autumn.
Regarding return postage however it may help to know that when I returned a set of 3 large artisan jars, Q sent a courier to collect them free of charge because of the weight.
I am not ordering these either as I know I won't like the melon one as I disliked similar ones in the tarts. And I have tried tarts in "evening air" and "midsummer nights" which I suspect may be similar to one in the TSV. I thought they reminded me of mens aftershave and I didn't like it (but my mum did, lol).

SCW makes me smile. I ask usually about things too early and he always says 'too early snowstorm'. He is a super character that I am 'virtually' very fond of.

I hate clean cotton and baby powder, they smell sickly to me. My favourite is beach walk, used to like garden hideaway too.

Clean cotton and Fluffy Towells remind me of washing powder and fabric softener smells. I don't want my whole house smelling of either. Baby powder..hmm. I used to like it but went off it. I have a tip though if anyone has any baby powder samplers they think they will never use. Invest in a mixology set with a holder that holds three samplers for blending. Amazon is cheapest for these. Mix 1 baby powder with any 2 of your favourite floral ones. You end up with a blend of soft powdery floral scent like perfumes are blended. I mixed baby powder with midnight jasmine and true rose. Very Chanel No.5!

Clean cotton and Fluffy Towells remind me of washing powder and fabric softener smells. I don't want my whole house smelling of either. Baby powder..hmm. I used to like it but went off it. I have a tip though if anyone has any baby powder samplers they think they will never use. Invest in a mixology set with a holder that holds three samplers for blending. Amazon is cheapest for these. Mix 1 baby powder with any 2 of your favourite floral ones. You end up with a blend of soft powdery floral scent like perfumes are blended. I mixed baby powder with midnight jasmine and true rose. Very Chanel No.5!

I have one of the mixology holders, I bought it from the Hallmark outlet for £3.99 , its great as 2 votives merge into 1 which its like having a medium candle, I agree WG its well worth getting one of the mixology holders:)

Last edited:
And I bought my triple mixology holder from Ashford outlet. Will definitely try the tip on mixing in BP, too!

I won't be buying because I won't like the melon one either.

I'm not around so much these so sorry if this is a bit slow but SCW rocks!! He costs me a ****** fortune is QVC goodies but he still rocks.

If you pull the wick out of a sampler from the bottom, you can then chop them into four or six cubes, these can then be used in a tart burner as a small tart. This means you can mix them with other fragrances without using a sampler holder. I keep the ones I'm not using in separate, plastic, sandwich bags and their label can be stuck on the bag with sticky tape. Got this tip off youtube.

I'm with you on this. SCW provides a fantastic contribution to the forum which we would all miss. He doesn't participate much in the general chit chat and keeps his posts brief but that's just his style. I've never thought him rude though.

I can honestly say that, never in all the years I have been a member of ST, has it ever occured to me that SCW is, in any way, abrupt or bad mannered, so I was, consequently, astounded that someone should regard his comments in such a way.

With the beautiful summer weather this year I haven't lit my YC in weeks. No point with all the doors & windows open. I buy the large candles on auto delivery every year & I now have quite a stash. I'm currently undecided on this TSV, so it's probably best not to watch - I'll only be sucked in!

Latest posts

Back