Yong Kim Jersey Asymmetric Hem Top TSV 10/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

[QUOTE
Ideal World `s Pick of the day in my opinion knocks YK into a cocked hat ..you can buy 4 items for one TSV and it looks just as good if not better if you like that style. It isn`t a designer brand when its only available from once source either ..keep telling us its not mass produced ..... where exactly is it made? And IW has capped P&P something you never get from QVC not that I`ve seen anyway!![/QUOTE]

And IW's is made in Britain, so you support British jobs!

You are either a YK person or not--it's just not my style and I am surprised that Q run it so much but it is obviously selling so not such a niche market?I think they read these reviews & probably others as the justifications for the range keep coming.

I just don't 'get' Yong Kim at all: I'm not the world's best dressmaker but if I couldn't make something that looked better than these tunics I'd give up altogether. Quite apart from the look of the items on screen, I cannot see how they justify the price of the garment, even if they were to use top class fabric (i.e. NOT polyester!) there must be a huge profit in these items. Just ridiculous.
My first thought was ...Cinderella before she met the fairy Godmother. To me it looks like rags sewn together. Don't know how they justify the price and the actual price when not TSV is £112.......that's without postage......

You are either a YK person or not--it's just not my style and I am surprised that Q run it so much but it is obviously selling so not such a niche market?I think they read these reviews & probably others as the justifications for the range keep coming.

That's right ! the thing is, (and not meaning to be unkind here) but Kathy is TOO mumsy for this range - trying to make her look something she isn't doesn't work. Few people can carry this look off - the models can, with the exception of the plus size girl, but none of the presenters can - they are the wrong height and shape.

Its the same with Join, unless you have that 'hippy, thrown together attitude and style' then it won't look right. Its horses for courses. My best friend is 5'2 and wears mostly John Lewis classics, and wouldn't suit in the slightest what I wear at 5'7, - our styles are completely different (although I've tried my best to 'bling' her up a bit).

I don't think IT is a good brand ambassador at all. She looks a mess most of the time and all she tells people to do is wear the items how ever you like and most of the time she has hardly any idea of what she is talking about.Money for old rope if you ask me.

I have to agree. She looked like a bag lady on the midnight launch - didn't even look as though she'd combed her hair, it was dreadful. I wouldn't even open the door to the postman with my hair like that!

There's a woman on FB claiming she has 49 Yong Kim pieces, imagine what she could have bought with the approx £5,000 that would have cost. Woman should be certified.

I have to agree. She looked like a bag lady on the midnight launch - didn't even look as though she'd combed her hair, it was dreadful. I wouldn't even open the door to the postman with my hair like that!

There's a woman on FB claiming she has 49 Yong Kim pieces, imagine what she could have bought with the approx £5,000 that would have cost. Woman should be certified.

Wonder if she's got 49 Kipling bags, one to match each garment ?

Do you remember the Indigo Moon range ? Lots of women called or e mailed those shows claiming to own dozens of their jackets.

That's right ! the thing is, (and not meaning to be unkind here) but Kathy is TOO mumsy for this range - trying to make her look something she isn't doesn't work. Few people can carry this look off - the models can, with the exception of the plus size girl, but none of the presenters can - they are the wrong height and shape.

Its the same with Join, unless you have that 'hippy, thrown together attitude and style' then it won't look right. Its horses for courses. My best friend is 5'2 and wears mostly John Lewis classics, and wouldn't suit in the slightest what I wear at 5'7, - our styles are completely different (although I've tried my best to 'bling' her up a bit).

I agree you have to have a certain style/look to carry it off.But Ingrid and presenters try to convince that everyone can carry it off.Its age less and youthful according to Ingrid.

Well I don't think it's particularly youthful. I wouldn't buy it thinking its going to make me look young.The ones I have tried and returned have made me look haggard and older if anything.

Crumpled and uneven is not a good look for me.

I saw a few minutes of it last night and thought the models looked awful. It isn't "edgy", especially not on a grown woman. Being generous, I'd say maybe some of it would look ok on a skinny teenager if it was actually in fashion. A true case of the emperor's new clothes, and the prices are ludicrous.

I have had loads of compliments about my Yong Kim stuff. I personally don't like the crinkle stuff and there is no way I would pay those prices for polyester but I love the modal and the swing of the tunics and cardigan. As I say I get a lot of it on eBay and think that the only full price item I bought was a zip cardigan in fuchsia. I have worn and washed it to death - except it doesn't die. It still looks new. It looks great with dresses, skirts and jeans, It falls away at just the right places and feels glorious. Although initially expensive my cost per wear is a lot less than some cheap crap I have bought in my time and as it still looks good the cost per wear is still going down :)

On the other hand the button trousers which I love the look of have worrying reviews with people adoring them initially but finding that they are bobbling after only a few washes.

......and she talks a load of drivel !! How can something be both vibrant and subtle ??? She said she wears them to pieces and then nearly choked trying to retract when she realised what she had said !! Then she said you can wear a chunky jumper over one of the dresses!! Why pay all that then cover it with a jumper ??? She has no idea what she`s talking about I`d love to know who she used to `design` for? How she ever got the job in the first place I don`t know... did she know someone there i wonder who put a word in? No way did she do an audition as after all this time she hasn`t mastered it so no way going in cold could she have cut the mustard !!

Don't think the sales patter comes naturally to Ingrid so she ends up contradicting herself and forgets what she's said before.

Don't think the sales patter comes naturally to Ingrid so she ends up contradicting herself and forgets what she's said before.

I suppose they don't think we're any better than they are at remembering what has been said.

While I'm not saying this is true of Ingrid, in general, if you are going to be inventive in what you say, it's always a good idea to have a good memory!

I think her enthusiasm is genuine and she gets a bit carried away with it all and words and phrases come forth that are not always as true as her emotions - like when she makes out that a polyester garment is "all natural fibres". In that moment to her it's true.

Just had a look in on the YK show presented by SG and just noticed what a poser she is .. booted legs placed carefully with hands on hips and a quick glance at the monitor ..quite amusing really lol

Just had a look in on the YK show presented by SG and just noticed what a poser she is .. booted legs placed carefully with hands on hips and a quick glance at the monitor ..quite amusing really lol

She does that a lot, it really irritates me! She really seems to fancy herself.
She must love belts, because she usually says, "could belt it" and/or tries bunching the fabrics as if belted and poses, as if she is a celebrated model but in reality failing dreadfully .

Most of Q's fashions look evn more horrible belted when they are not designed that way.Kims TSV had all the models belted and I think when they do this its a give away that its not going to sell very well.

Latest posts

Back