Prai Beauty TSV 23/6/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not for me I am afraid. I saw a snippet of a Prai hour on the beauty channel and, though I have no idea what the products are like, I will not be able to listen to the guest presenter for more than 30 seconds. That weird twang of hers is highly irritating. My money is safe, in fact I will probably be QVC free tomorrow. Maybe.......

I always feel like her teeth aren'y in properly, she definitely has a weird twang going on too. I used to see her a bit on IW, dunno but the whole range has an air of snake oil about it...kinda like Gatineau with their 'youth molecule'...please!

Tx

PRAI 3 Piece Pure Prai Anti-Ageing Skincare Collection.
Today's Special Value Price £39.48
QVC Price £47.75
Item Number 229998
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.95

Bring a lifeless complexion back to life with this Prai Anti-ageing collection. Enriched with exotic Prai oil, this skincare trio will help to protect and hydrate the face and decolletage area. The brand-new Prai Creme Royal Moisturiser (30ml) is specifically designed for mature skin suffering from dryness and helps to bring back a youthful glow. The set also consists of super-sized Prai Intensive Serum (100ml), which targets age-related skin damage, and super-sized Throat & Decolletage Cream (100ml) to help protect the fragile skin of the throat.

Contains:

•1 x Pure Prai Serum (100ml)
•1 x Ageless Throat & Decolletage Creme (100ml)
•1 x Pure Prai Creme Royal (30ml)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229998

The woman keeps sticking her finger into the pots to show how gloopy the texture is - not sure if this is a great selling point :smirk:

alison young and that weird anglo-american woman oth with massive bags under their eyes, and in the case of anglo-american woman loads of liver spots on the back of the hand is NOT a good advert for this range.
FAIL!

It's the bit about the monks that always makes me giggle and the sacred whatever it is plant with the precious extracts.......... RJ's next gardening TSV?

She talks a load of sh*te - something about diamonds being one of the ingredients - presumably carbon dust :grin:

Yes I'm rather taken by the prai root 'secret' imparted by the mystical monks...wonder what they're thinking about her subsequent business venture with it! Shame she couldn't bring one on set with her...

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!!! how many times a show does this woman say 'ladies'?
Can't see any difference between the 'before' & 'afters'

am not tempted, ladies, by this range.

Some random musings.

OMG that woman's voice and mannerisms makes me cringe, I feel so embarrassed for her. She needs a good hair cut.

Also I wish she'd stop using the word "anhydrous" to describe the gel-like texture of the cream ! I assume she means "hydrating" ???

She said the caviar serum contains oil, but went on to emphasise that it's not fish oil (I thought caviar came from fish ?)

For someone who makes her living peddling over-priced skin care, she is plastered with loads of make up so presumably her skin underneath does not bear scrutiny on camera ?

As for Amica, every skincare brand is perfect for her, but for all that her skin is not very good. She needs to find a good eye cream, her crows feet are more like albatross feet.

I've just noticed Alison's eye bags.

All-in-all an appalling selling effort.

Some random musings.

Also I wish she'd stop using the word "anhydrous" to describe the gel-like texture of the cream ! I assume she means "hydrating" ???

Anhydrous means there's no water in the cream I think, there is a Tova moisturiser that is an anhydrous vitamin c cream and I think they said it was because it had no water in the ingredient list...I'm sure it is a proper word. I bet the lovely Donna knows what it means as she is ace with this kind of stuff :flower:

Am intrigued by the fact that they're banging on about the neck and decolletage cream in the TSV being "4 times the normal size"? As the TSV size is 94ml or so, that makes the normal size just under 25ml.
25ml not going to do much for very long on a "decolletage" of my proportions

Yes I'm rather taken by the prai root 'secret' imparted by the mystical monks...wonder what they're thinking about her subsequent business venture with it! Shame she couldn't bring one on set with her...

did she lower herself into the temple on knotted sheets in a balletic fashion a la Angelina Jolie in tombraider movie?

Jude xx

Attachments

• angelina_jolie9.jpg
    angelina_jolie9.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 142
Ingredients are here ... there is water in both cremes (first ingredient!) so not sure why she is saying anhydrous. Can't see any fish (re: caviar) though ...

Pure Prai Serum (I always thought she said this was JUST prai and nothing else ...)
http://www.praibeauty.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=10220&Show=TechSpecs

Ageless Throat & Decollete creme
http://www.praibeauty.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=10124&Show=TechSpecs

Pure Prai Royal Creme
http://www.praibeauty.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=110709&Show=TechSpecs

Latest posts

Back