Lulu Guiness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Hi,

I was watching the Lulu Guinness TSV at the weekend as a 'brand ambassador' for her own brand she seems to be more clueless than someone who is a worker of the company, or in the case of the Yankee Candles guest presenters someone who genuinely knows the products and can speak really passionate about them.

In the case of Lulu, she was embarrassing to watch and if she does not know her own products then what confidence is there for other people. The reason for my comments is that in the show I watched, there was a couple of bags on the show that she didn't seem to know the inside of the linings colours, or that there was 'hardware' and pockets in the bag and it was down to Jill Franks (Presenter), to have to point these things out, the final 'nail in the coffin' as it were was when they were showing a umbrella and there was a powder coating on it and she didn't know why it was on there, surely if this is her own brand she should know these details, the other Lulu knows exactly all the formulations of her products and why ingredients are in the products, thus even though she just 'puts her name to the brand' she at least has good input and collaboration. Again if Jill had not been there then it would not have been explained.

I have noticed this before when she is on and she just seems to want to be on because she wants to be 'on the telly' but as I say not exactly a great ambasedor for her own products, the other lady who guest presents these shows clearly knows the products better than the actual designer, does not exactly inspire confidence.

There was an article in the Telegraph quite some time ago and LG sold out part of her business to an American company. There is now a design team which do many of the items, not Lulu herself and a lot of the work was contracted out to Chinese manufacturers because it was cheaper. Lulu still puts her name to everything but has very little input into many of the LG range. In the article it said she now hands over much of the marketing, styling and designing to her American co partners and design teams. She concentrates on a small minority of limited edition bags.

Latest posts

Back